Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,885 members, 7,942,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? (7711 Views)

What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / Ladies What Do You Admire Most In Your Hubby? / Tell Me, Who Is @ Fault. Hubby Or Wiffyy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by stunna2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
a lot of people have sumting interesting to say here but most r out of point- just attacking the persons of people whose opinion they disagree with, i will not waste my breath as i know that will not stop

, like i said above the naija girl i dated here gave me some gifts but showed up for a valentines at my place without a card or a gift, yet when she was done the diner i took her out for, she demanded to know where her flowers were and added if she should even be asking me for flowers when i responded i was not sure what flowers she liked, !!
hahahahaha!!

typical white girl will come over with tiny cards with messages of love, hide them over the house and make me search for them, and at the end, the price of the small cards maybe a few cents, but it stays in your heart! of course they can also blow hundreds of Dollars on ya on birthdays and things like that, !
nigerian male friends have called to say, man, my wife makes as much money as i do but i have no idea how she spends it or on what!! i pay the mortgage and buy the groceries, since you have a white woman, i just wanna know if its true that they are different and share the responsibilities of the house with you on 50/50 bases??

i dont think 50/50 is true or that it works but yes,
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Orikinla(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
Hello poster. Nigerian girlfriends do buy gifts for their boyfriends. Some of my best underwear and shirts came from my Nigerian girlfriends. I have also received gifts from older Nigerian women since I was 15 to date. Perfume, clothes, wine, delicacies and money. And in a particular case, one of them never asked for anything else, except sex. Many of them are really generous and gracious. Of all the ones I have dated, only the ungrateful one from Akwa Ibom never gave me any gift. Yoruba and Igbo babes are the most generous. I thank God for them.
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by tpia5: 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
who was saying his girlfriend spat on him in a very nasty manner because he bought her flowers.

now another waanker is claiming his girlfriend said he didnt buy her flowers.

thought women were supposed to be the irrational ones.
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by toyemz(f): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2011
orikinla

Hello poster. Nigerian girlfriends do buy gifts for their boyfriends. Some of my best underwear and shirts came from my Nigerian girlfriends. I have also received gifts from older Nigerian women since I was 15 to date. Perfume, clothes, wine, delicacies and money. And in a particular case, one of them never asked for anything else, except sex. Many of them are really generous and gracious. Of all the ones I have dated, only the ungrateful one from Akwa Ibom never gave me any gift. Yoruba and Igbo babes are the most generous. I thank God for them.

4190 's brother!!!
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by mcelisus: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2011
Listen up all. It's surpose to b a 2way thing. My girl bought me a camry 2months ago though in anticipation that i will 4give her for an un4giveable wrong she did me. Belive me the highest thing i have bought her is a pair of shoes that cost me #28k only,

Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by sleekch1c(f): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2011
^^joseph the dreamer!
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by mcelisus: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
[quote][/quote]^^joseph the dreamer!
Aint dreaming bro, she aint nigerian anyway but her mum is. She is gat white mentality
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by sleekch1c(f): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^wen last did U̶̲̥̅̊ treat malaria?
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by mcelisus: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
Dat u cant do it does not mean som1 else can't. Pls dont generize ur sting cuz ma girl aint atall.
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by sleekch1c(f): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
Aren't U̶̲̥̅̊ too young to be hallucinating?
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by mcelisus: 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2011
wud luv 2 know u more so i u can av a taste of wat i'm talkin abt, lets hav ur contact
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by cantell(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2011
mcelisus:

Listen up all. It's surpose to b a 2way thing. My girl bought me a camry 2months ago though in anticipation that i will 4give her for an un4giveable wrong she did me. Belive me the highest thing i have bought her is a pair of shoes that cost me #28k only,
Either you're lying thru your teeth or you have a sugarmummy as a girlfriend.
toyemz:

@cantell

once again you have managed to twist a quote wrongly

My beef wasn't about guys buying expensive gifts for females to prove love or not
my annoyance is that while some guys want the most expensive gifts ever
they aren't willing to match that demand by buying expensive gifts in return

love isn't about what material gain one gets
but about sharing and sharing unselfishly
while i don't accept it right that a female should only be the one side gift receiver in a relationship
guys should know that showering your woman with gifts falls within their responsibility

Once again? That means its the second time i'm twisting your comment?
Lwkmd!
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by sleekch1c(f): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bite me.
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by cantell(m): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
sleekch1c:

Bite me.
Na so e dey start!
First you start talking to yourself, the next thing you know, she goes stark na*ked
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by kinguy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
cantell:

Either you're lying thru your teeth or you have a sugarmummy as a girlfriend.Once again? That means its the second time i'm twisting your comment?
Lwkmd!
thou shall not lie,
thou shall not bear false witness against ur girl friend. Rememba d fada of all liarz is d devil himself. And all liarz must go 2 HELLLLLLLL. :::::::::::::
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by toyemz(f): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2011
@cantell

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just knew that you would fall for that ploy

my sentence read:

once again you have managed to twist a quote wrongly

and you just concluded this:
Once again? That means its the second time I'm twisting your comment?
Lwkmd

I'm pretty sure i said a and not mine abi?
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
tpia@:

who was saying his girlfriend spat on him in a very nasty manner because he bought her flowers.

now another waanker is claiming his girlfriend said he didnt buy her flowers.

thought women were supposed to be the irrational ones.
i no say u be one of those stingy naija women wey i dey talk about.una get no problem eating our money but when we ask for a little gift to show ur love for we guys una go dey sqeeze una face like someone wey get pile for yansh grin
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
$tunna:

a lot of people have sumting interesting to say here but most r out of point- just attacking the persons of people whose opinion they disagree with, i will not waste my breath as i know that will not stop

, like i said above the naija girl i dated here gave me some gifts but showed up for a valentines at my place without a card or a gift, yet when she was done the diner i took her out for, she demanded to know where her flowers were and added if she should even be asking me for flowers when i responded i was not sure what flowers she liked, !!
hahahahaha!!

typical white girl will come over with tiny cards with messages of love, hide them over the house and make me search for them, and at the end, the price of the small cards maybe a few cents, but it stays in your heart! of course they can also blow hundreds of Dollars on ya on birthdays and things like that, !
nigerian male friends have called to say, man, my wife makes as much money as i do but i have no idea how she spends it or on what!! i pay the mortgage and buy the groceries, since you have a white woman, i just wanna know if its true that they are different and share the responsibilities of the house with you on 50/50 bases??

i dont think 50/50 is true or that it works but yes,
if u have a white girl as a girlfriend se would be willing to share the financial responsibilities at home unlike a naija girl.imagine a scenario when u lose your job a white girl would be there for you and be ready to take over the financial responsibility at home until u get another job unlike a naija girl who would run off with your best friend grin
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by sleekch1c(f): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^ode
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2011
sleekch1c:

^^ode
ashawo grin
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by 2kurupt(m): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2011
@OP, your correct to am extent but some do give their guys gifts.

Meanwhile poverty mentality is the coz why some of the females don't, some even feel giving up the yansh is the only gift they can offer (no offense ladies)
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by claremont(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2011
lefulefu:

if u have a white girl as a girlfriend se would be willing to share the financial responsibilities at home unlike a naija girl.imagine a scenario when u lose your job a white girl would be there for you and be ready to take over the financial responsibility at home until u get another job unlike a naija girl who would run off with your best friend grin
Seconded!!!
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by ernecity(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2011
2kurupt:

@OP, your correct to am extent but some do give their guys gifts.

Meanwhile poverty mentality is the coz why some of the females don't, some even feel giving up the yansh is the only gift they can offer (no offense ladies)

lollz dude u re right
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2011
If i may ask, ar u in 9ja or europe? Cultures are different. White women are smart but foolish in choices at times, why 9ja women are not. most at times they are worried about the amount of time they spend fantasizing about men, Men don't want to be counted on to rescue women or be their salvation. When they expect their mate to validate their self-worth as human beings, women set themselfs up for anger, disapointment, and bitterness.
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 13, 2011
mobikay:

If i may ask, ar u in 9ja or europe? Cultures are different. White women are smart but foolish in choices at times, why 9ja women are not. most at times they are worried about the amount of time they spend fantasizing about men, Men don't want to be counted on to rescue women or be their salvation. When they expect their mate to validate their self-worth as human beings, women set themselfs up for anger, disapointment, and bitterness.
my broda i no understand this long poetry wey u dey write o
pls tell me were in the african tradition was it said that an african woman should dump her husband when he is in his time of difficulty and also tell me when was it said that african women should be greedy for material things.white women stand by their men in their times of difficulty but nigerian women are nowhere to be seen when their men experience difficult times.are u saying its an african custom for nigerian women to dump their husband in times of need grin
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by mentorgad(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hmmm,
Re: Naija Women Is It Forbidden To Buy A Gift For Your Hubby Or Boyfriend? by Emanodimo(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2022
in other countries women buy gifts for their hubbies or boyfriends as an appreciation of their love but when it comes to nigeria the nigerian woman will never buy anything for her husband or boyfriend to show their so called love for them.even little things as a necktie or socks will never be bought by a nigerian woman for her boyfriend or husband.its we naija men who spend a lot on our women just to show how much we love them an yet they dont appreciate it.we spend a lot of money buying blackberries,expensive automobiles,clothes for these naija women just to show them how much we love them and yet they are so ungrateful and on top of that very unromantic.the other day i bought a bunch of roses for my oyibo girlfriend and she was so happy and she gripped me and gave me a deep kiss.tell me wich naija woman would act like that grin

What baffles me now, is like some women has an entitlement mentality as what defines them. A Nigeria wife based in Canada for years, still finds it difficult to think of buying gift for her husband. Despite how God has helped his husband to be a blessing to her in numerous way that she often celebrated him at different point in her life.

That woman told her husband I dont have money but a dinner even when the man asked her of a gift in expectation on his birthday.

Yet, she hope the husband buy her a private jet or cruise ship soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Ways To Turn Your Friendship Into Love / What Does It Mean For A Girl To Be Hot? / If These Girls Are The Last Options Of A Wife Who Will U Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.