Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know (2433 Views)

Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix) / Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Smartdepotng: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS6493Psv3I

From the simple to the secret, to the hidden and even the ridiculous...
Today's Tech Insight brings 7 shocking facts about Facebook that you didn't know.

For those who do not like long story. (if you like the full details watch the video)

#1 You are only permitted to have only one Facebook account through out your lifetime.
It is written in their policy document that nobody reads. And yes, you can be banned from Facebook if they suspect that you are opening double accounts as the same person.

#2 No live support for Personal Facebook accounts. No technical support, no phone support, no live chat support all, you have is a help page.

#3 Robots are the first line moderators (using Artificial Intelligence) to know when you violate even the slightest of Facebook community standards. Be sure not to raise your vawulence banter high on Facebook as the robots � can easily flag your account.

#4 Your account can be banned by mistake. Of course, the robots can ban your account even when it miss the context of your post or comment.

#5 If your Personal Facebook accounts is banned, the pages created with the account will continue to run. If any of the page(s) does not have another admin, the page will continue to accumulate comments and messages with nobody able to reply from the page or manage it. Make sure that all your pages have at least 2 Admin.

#6 Off-facebook Activities. Facebook continues to track your activities on other websites and apps and collect data of all you do in other apps.

#7 Facebook Shadow Profile. Facebook creates a secret profile for you even if you are not signed up on Facebook.

These are the headlines,

Watch the video for the news in details... grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Chaos14: 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
#8 its the most popular spy app in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Smartdepotng: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Chaos14:
#8 its the most popular spy app in the world
Meta is now growing wings because it is an American company. If a Chinese company try 1/10th of this, na World War III straight away.

1 Like

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by ambience(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
I've had 2 fb accounts for a while now but nothing has happened

1 Like

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by BenjaminDomer: 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
F
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
ambience:
I've had 2 fb accounts for a while now but nothing has happened
I've got two as well

1 Like

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Youngpo413: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2022
When ever I made a search on aliexpress,exactly what I searched will comes as 'ads' on my facebook...how comes?
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Chaos14: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Youngpo413:
When ever I made a search on aliexpress,exactly what I searched will comes as 'ads' on my facebook...how comes?
Off facebook activity
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Authoreety: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Not surprised, they banned my 2 Facebook accounts from commenting same day...
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by ately1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Thanks for the info

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by jeromestarks: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
Facebook is watching you even when you're not watching yourself.
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by Chaos14: 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
#9 facebook listens to your audio through your microphone nlfpmod
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by jojothaiv(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Off-facebook Activities. Facebook continues to track your activities on other websites and apps and collect data of all you do in other apps.

This is not a lie.
Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by YeePeyHaa: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ever since yahoo guys hacked my Facebook account, I have learned not to rely on it

And most of those on Facebook are not real people most of them are fake accounts, fake people and most of them are living fake lifestyles

A guy using a parked car to post his profile picture
A lady renting a hotel room to shoot pix

Many of the people in my friends list now are yahoo yahoo guys. They will even be DMing you that "do you have four years old Facebook account, that you should sell it for them

And another thing about Facebook is that some people are very fond of posting all their private lives on Facebook, they think that it is everybody that likes them, they don't know that evil eyes live on Facebook. Funke akindele when she gave birth turned the back of her children to the camera, some people, their power is in their eyes, once they look at your pictures, you don cast be that.
And big data companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc also keep a digital record and digital footprint of everybody, all your banking records, chat records, call records, contacts history are all what they keep tab of,
And now Facebook(meta) have even bought Whatsapp, you said Whatsapp is encrypted, yes it is, but if you build a car, it is very easy for you to dismantle it. So the point here is that people shloud be careful of what they post online. Bots, nanobots and search engines are keeping your records; and third party companies sell all those information to tech giants.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Youngpo413:

Aliexpress willingly added Facebook tracking "Pixels" on their site.

TONS of other sites too.

(1) (Reply)

Who's The King Of Nairaland Phone Segment: Vote Now! / Hot Picture Of Ebube Essien-garricks Mtn Aeroplane Winner / Woman Deceived Into Paying $1,500 For Two Apples Thinking She Was Buying Two App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.