Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,383 members, 7,947,617 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima (1148 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / How I’ll Handle Nat’l Assembly If Labour Party Is Not Controlling It – Obi / 2023: I’ll Handle Security While Tinubu Will Handle Economy - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by carochristoper: 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Vice Presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, said he will concentrate on fighting insecurity in the country if the ruling party is elected in next year’s presidential election.

Mr Shettima, who was a panellist at the just concluded Annual General Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) on Monday in Lagos, said he would personally lead the Nigerian military against criminals while his principal, Bola Tinubu, will oversee the economy.

“I have been in the theatre of conflicts for 18 years, I will lead the troops, my principal is an economy wizard who has transformed Lagos into the third largest economy in Africa. He will concentrate on the economy.

“By God’s grace, I will handle the security, and not only handle the security, I will lead the troops to battle across the length and breadth of this country,” he said.

Can the president lead the troops?
Mr Shettima’s comment which has been interpreted to mean he will act as the commander-in-chief if elected vice president, a role which is the constitutional preserve of the President or the acting president, has left Nigerians on social media wondering if he will usurp the role of his principal, Mr Tinubu.

According to Section 130(2) of the 1999 Constitution, the Nigerian president has the exclusive authority as the commander-in-chief of the country’s armed forces and not his deputy.

Other than the Section noted above, PREMIUM TIMES can confirm that no section empowers a VP to lead a troop of any number or size.

Chukwunomso Ogbe, a political analyst and lawyer, noted that it is out of his place as a vice presidential candidate to aspire for the lofty right of a president.

He argued that the former Borno governor can only do what he said if his principal, Mr Tinubu, willingly passed such power down to him but not by his mere expression of passion to serve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by marenalexander7: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by marenalexander7: 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nothing you’ll not see with APC. So you’ll swap your Constitutional responsibilities just like that? Tinubu will give you the Constitutional responsibility of the Commander in Chief while you’ll give him the Constitutional responsibility of the Vice President which is chairing the Economic Council all in your dreams. Is alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_laybWo3g

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by gasparpisciotta: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
We don hear this gist before oooo

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Saviourk: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
Is this a joke or what?

Presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, said he will concentrate on fighting insecurity just look at what this Boko Haram apologist is saying. This is a red flag already!

Peter Obi or nothing!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by mbaboy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
The same way Buhari and Osibanjo handled it that brought us to this sorry stage . God forbid we slide further

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by stoodid: 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2022
E no go better for anyone who vote the failure of a party again come 2023

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Sergio101(m): 11:54pm On Aug 25, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin

It's another one.......Dj Khalid!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by PeterObi4LP: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
Tinubu is a place holder for shettima

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by jkpbestseries: 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
wonders shall never end.... I dont understand, could this be a civilian coup. Changing of duties

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Bravetunde: 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
Only people that hates nigeria will vote for a sick drug addict and his colleague terrorist,no wonder they say birds of the same feather flock together.
As for those afonja triballist doing emiolokan,is tribaslism better than your life.
Once the Boko Haram enters nigerians will be slaughteredd in broad day light not only in the north but south.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by imiski(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Who swear for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Fkmodhi: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2022
Another lies dem said useless general go handled security while pastor go handle economy. But wat do we get in return insecurity and crumble economy, and deh force to mandatory fasting and prayers..
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 26, 2022
Saviourk:
Is this a joke or what?

Presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, said he will concentrate on fighting insecurity just look at what this Boko Haram apologist is saying. This is a red flag already!

Peter Obi or nothing!

Like are u realising NOW these guys are better imagined as candidates than it coming to reality ?

Nigerians have you forgotten so soon what had happened ?

Benue, kaduna, borno, Benue again, Ibadan, End SARS protest, Enugu, etc before amotekun

Before ESN

What brought about Sunday Igboho .... Etc

Like y'all don't know what's coming if these guys win (God forbid)

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by AyomideOG01: 12:13am On Aug 26, 2022
As the commander in chief or what exactly are you implying? Imagine the effrontery of this Boko Haram commander, so Tinubu is truly a placeholder for this jihadist....damn.
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by DWickedLandLord: 12:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Apchit is so knowledgeable about how things supposed to work. But somehow forgot to tell their leader Buhari.

Nigerians are you buying this storyline?
They hope you are
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Viscuz: 12:23am On Aug 26, 2022
Dead on arrival
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Emmaxmusic(m): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2022
smiley Lori iro
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by floret23(f): 12:25am On Aug 26, 2022
Thief will handle economy

Terrorist will handle security

Nigeria will be worse than Afghanistan
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Qtrpst4: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2022
This is the incompetence talking

Imagine after working for 30days you get paid 7k as salary and the man wants to be vice president

And tinubu told us he choosed him because of competence, sacking 5000 teachers just as tinubu asked fashola to sack Lagos doctors

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:51am On Aug 26, 2022
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Sounds like a threat to me! shocked
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by TinubuThief: 1:08am On Aug 26, 2022
grin
Terrorist
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Proudlyomonna: 1:13am On Aug 26, 2022
This should be taken as a big threat undecided
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by IamAtikulate: 1:53am On Aug 26, 2022
I'll handle security and lead our troops into the battle while Tinubu will handle the economy.

Meaning Shettima will be the commander in chief while Tinubu will be his placeholder.

So urchins will be voting for Shettima not Tinubu?

grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by GamalNasser: 1:59am On Aug 26, 2022
This is how Buhari handled security and Osinbanjo handled economy

1 Like

Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by limeta(f): 2:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Commander of boko haram now want be commander in chief of Nigeria armed forces

What must we do stand and fight or run away

Say no to APC
No to Muslim/Muslim ticket
No to thieftinubu and boko haram commander
Indigenous people of Nigeria want to live in peace.
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by WonderManly(m): 3:20am On Aug 26, 2022
Yeye dey smell. Our MuMu don do.
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Abdu81: 3:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Just imagine a bokoharam managing our security.

Terrorist?
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by KingKO22: 4:02am On Aug 26, 2022
Zombidients and Obituariest are wailing and crying as usual

They think everyone is as dull as Pandora Obituary
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by Obidient4life3: 4:11am On Aug 26, 2022
What a foolish statement.
Re: I’ll Handle Security & Tinubu Will Handle Economy If Elected - Kashim Shettima by ScamHunter: 4:17am On Aug 26, 2022
He would be president while Tinubu would be vice. Confirmed. That's how they want Boko Haram to take over Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Popular Igbo Islamic Scholar In Ebonyi State See Pictures / Tinubu Will Take Care Of Igbos; South-east Will Vote APC – Umahi / Video: Iragbiji, The Alledged Hometown Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.