Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,295 members, 7,943,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:27 PM

He should be dead... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He should be dead... (241 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He should be dead... by Prince12Eddie(m): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning everyone!

How is your day going?

Here is a beautiful twisted story to spice up your day.

© Prince Eddie

One beautiful evening, I got home very tired and hungry. I had a busy day at work.

I was surprised to see my Dad's vehicle, Volvo 306, parked in our compound.

He doesn't come home this early. "I hope there are no issues", I muttered.

I got into the sitting room. My dad and his younger brother, my Uncle, were having a conversation.

I had mixed feelings. I was terrified, surprised and at the same time elated.

"But what could he be doing here? He should be in the land of the dead", I soliloquised.

My Uncle had died some few years back. He was buried in our village. Infact! I was in attendance.

My Uncle beckoned on me with his hands. My heart melted with fear. I reluctantly walked up to him.

I was abit bold because my Dad was present. "If he tried to hurt me, my Dad would intervene", I thought.

I bent over as I greeted him. He patted my back with his left hands.

"Mkpo abadie", he asked. "Everything is fine", I replied. I was terrified to the extent I couldn't greet my Dad. My hands and legs were visibly vibrating.

I gathered some courage and left immediately for my room, to avoid being asked some more questions.

There were alot going through my mind. Hunger had disappeared long time ago. I didnt believe my Uncle could come back to life.

"Probably, they faked his death, reasons best known to them", I thought aloud.

My Grandmother paused, she observed the looks on each of our faces. Perphaps, she saw fear in our eyes.

Grandma was a great story teller. Almost every weekend, especially on holidays, she would gather us in her small hut and tell us some beautiful stories.

This was yet another beautiful story of hers.

Owing to the fear she saw in our eyes, she decided to dismiss us.

"Alright! my beloved children, it's bed time. Your parents would be waiting. We will continue from there next weekend", Grandma said.

"Good night! God be with each and everyone of you", she concluded as she dismissed us.

Fictional write-up|| August, 2022.
Re: He should be dead... by Typicool8(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2022
I still dey find wetin I go knack you

(1) (Reply)

Professional Ghostwriters Needed / Ayomide Inufin D'great's "Murderland" Hits The Literary Space / Igaming Niche Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.