Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,197 members, 7,970,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why Do Road Side Seller Believe It's Their Right. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Road Side Seller Believe It's Their Right. (438 Views)

Nigerians Don't Know Their Right! Fact. / Man Dies By The Road Side In Delta, Do You Know Him? (Photos) / Man Driving SUV Dropping Unconscious Lady By Road Side At Night In Kenya (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Road Side Seller Believe It's Their Right. by Owotutufarms: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
The question is really why do road side seller believe it their right to sell and that it right for passerby to .

Writing from experience, one frustrating evening, when I was coming from work, I had to make my way through sango under bridge as we normally call that route, it was a very heavy traffic where car wouldn't wait for truck, and bike wouldn't wait for we on feet to pass.
As I want to maneuver between the traffic in the mist of bike,vehicles and the road side market woman, there was a woman with are market displayed at the road side, the woman just flare-up with a loud voice saying EMA TA FELE FELE DE IDI OJA MI, mean "don't pour my market away o" in a very offensive manna like she was talking to a kid, I was upset but I didn't respond, but getting stalk at on point and couldn't move forward, I thought of one YORUBA slang like proverb that says "HOLDUP KI I MU ELESE" that mean "traffic didn't use to affect someone walking on the road" so I decided to use the Walk way, but this woman market was there too with small thing she was sitting on, if I ask her to excuss me and allow me to pass it won't work because of her market was their fragilely arrange, so it can't be easily remove from the road.

mind you with teaming crowd stalk in the same artificial pedestrian traffic, I had to go back to the road side in front of the market to squeeze myself and the woman was wash me and wait to unleash are frustration on frustrated me, I thought I was ready for her untill I fell one of are market which is a soap packed in a nylon.

Then her flaring enter 2.0. and she shouted with the highest volume I have ever had "OLORI BURUKU EKOSHI KURO NIDI OJA MI", SHE OJU YIN FO NI, ( the unfortunate one, go with you misserableness away from my market are you blind ni),

Me with my calm but frustrated voice, I was trying to explain to her that she is on the pedestrian track and also on the road side where did she want us to pass, she said am I blind scores of people have been passing by, why me that had to fell market.

After few minutes of arguments I ended up making mess of my self because she was crying and she said definitely that is the way I will be arguing with my wife at home, I was really short of words

Eventually people started blaming me that I should have say sorry and go my way, but me bearing it in my that the woman was not right I had to say sorry and went away with frustration 2.0.

Eventually I discovered that there is no right any where, in the presence of right, emotion carries the day.
Re: Why Do Road Side Seller Believe It's Their Right. by fman(m): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
Never argue wt a market woman.
You had the time
Simply cos u r a Yoruba.
Una too like exchange of words!!
Right now, I dey vex for myself
For reading this your pointless gist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Road Side Seller Believe It's Their Right. by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Lmao

That ta fele fele gat me laughing out loud

Is she from Ibadan

(1) (Reply)

Man Goes Haywire On Pastor, His Church For Neglecting A Mad Man [watch Video] / JUST IN: 30 Suspects Arrest Over Bloody Cult Clash / Pedestrian Mugged In Broad Daylight In Posh Chicago Street On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.