Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,338 members, 7,971,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:55 AM

Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others (4552 Views)

Bank Phb Afribank And Springbank Nationalised / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB / Afribank Sack 600 Staff Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by blank(f): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
PLEASE RUN AND GET YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

I don't mean to shout but go sharp sharp. The bridge bank is just for 3 years before they either sell the banks off or they liquidate the banks. They are even offering staff 3months severance pay if they choose to leave now.

The reason they did a bridge bank is so that people will not come all at once for their money and then they can not pay. They are trying to do it in phases. U now have enough time to withdraw ur money.

Since they mentioned it, i have been withdrawing my money through atm. Now, i am totally drawn down. Sanusi's arrows shall not come near me.
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by Aderupoko2: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
This man,U still dey post abi?Maybe U neva see where dem don chop Ur money b4?It happened to me for Savanah Bank b4.I don use ATM comot my valuables and decided to open a new account at GTB sharp-sharp now.Read my black lips (and red eyes) - Go and withdarw Ur money oh!!!
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by Wazoblog(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
hope there won't b bridge banks for inter,oceanic,union, , well we shal c at september? Keep ur eyes and ears opend o
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by GoldCircle: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2011
got this from a friend after series of inquiries about the safety of our funds. like i posted earlier here, the general attitude is more like "if you want your money, come get it'!

Sent: 09 August 2011 9:50 PM
To: PHB Nigeria
Subject: Message from MD/CEO

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings.

This first note is to inform you of my resumption in office and to update you on our Bank, Keystone Bank.

Keystone Bank is a full service commercial bank that will operate efficiently, competitively and professionally.

We look to liabilities growth, asset growth and a speedy return to profitability.

Our aim is to after repositioning and enhancing Keystone bank for value, we then identify strategic investor(s).

This will then assist the sale of equity from our 100% shareholder – AMCON.

I am pleased to confirm that AMCON has re-capitalized Keystone Bank, we received our AMCON bonds today and achieved the following:

· Fully inject capital into the Bank to eliminate the negative shareholder funds

· Meet the CBN minimum capital of N25 Billion

· Meet the CBN requirement on minimum Capital Adequacy Ratio

· Pay off fully the N70B Loan from the CBN

Your bank is well capitalized, open for business.

You are enjoined to give a first class customer service, encourage customers to keep funds with us a healthy bank (per above).

Having said that, we are fully prepared to meet any customer obligation for withdrawals.

I will provide other updates periodically.

I also must thank Mr. Cyril Chukumah and the prior Executive team for their work in the past two years.

Regards.

Oti Ikomi

MD/CEO

Keystone Bank
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by blank(f): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2011
I heard when Cyril Chukwuma (the thief thief MD of BankPHB appointed by CBN) was leaving on Monday, the staff esp drivers were booing him, they refused to pay for his diesel in his house and his ticket abroad. It was the mgt that intervened and they pitied him and bought a ticket.

He was the one that frustrated the FCMB deal cos he wanted to remain as MD and thus favoured Habib Pakistan. He stole more than all other previous MD's. God don catch am.
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by hoppysnd: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
the only advise i have for u, is dat go to ur bank now and withdraw ur money right instant now,
Re: Safety Of My Money In Afribank And Others by hoppysnd: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
the only advise i have for u, is dat go to ur bank now and withdraw ur money right instant now,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Process Form M For Importation In Nigeria / Credit Facility For Business And Salary Earner / Dangote To Open Cement Plant In Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.