Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,303 members, 7,974,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:17 PM

Is Governor Wike Overhyped? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Governor Wike Overhyped? (284 Views)

Omisore: My Focus Is Governor Oyetola’s Re-Election / Oshiomhole: I Did Not Call Seyi Makinde An Overhyped Social Media Governor / Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by SadiqBabaSani: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2022
Over the past months, news about candidates of the Three Major Parties trying to court the beautiful Bride, Governor Wike of Rivers state has refused to fizzle away and many would wonder why?.

Truth is that, many Governors in Nigeria today envy what is happening with Governor Wike (Several interest trying to win his support) , most governors silently envy the one fact that every major Presidential contender is hustling to get the Political Einstein of this moment Wike to support their bid.

What is the reason behind the special interest on Governor Wike, does he not have only one vote?

Well, lets get into it, What makes Wike Special?

Personally, I think;

1. His ability to mobilise: Elections are won partly due to ability to mobilize and organize attack and defense of logistics in equal and appropriate measures, that is something you can count upon with Governor Wike.

Hate or like him, that man is like a Carles Puyol in a defense line in the Barca team of the Guardiola Era and like a lethal Lewandoski of the Bayern FC then. Check what he did with Tambuwal (2019 PDP Presidential Primaries) Although Atiku has beat Wike twice(Two Presidential Primaries) trust me, if not for the contacts and resources of Atiku, on both occasions Wike nearly floored Atiku politically because of Wike's bility to organize and defend effectively if he is working on a cause.

So there we have it, Wike has an A1 in mobilization, only few can beat him to that.

2. Contacts: So here we have to consider what has been whispered in low tones, Wike has the ears of boys on the streets and also Men in high echelon, I am talking about he Bench, electoral Umpires, Security etc. name it. You want to win a direct election fair and square or the other way round (Pre electoral act, 2022 ways) Wike is the man you should court for Support because he knows the in and out.

These two qualifies listed above are some of the basic reasons LP, APC and PDP want Wike on their side, although for me I respect Wike because he is ATM the major defense line against the northern elites attempt to turn Southern politicians into political slaves, I still think Wike obey the basic law of Humans which is political Survival.

Who ever Governor Wike decides to support in 2023 Presidential elections will surely find Wikes Support extremely strategic.

Add yours..

Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by jkpbestseries: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2022
River's state governors always give hit but it always end bad for them.... ask Peter Odili

1 Like

Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by Righthussle: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2022
If you come to study political science in Rivers State University, you'll be taught a course called Nyesom Wike Political Principles . By the time you are done studying that course you'll understand what is special about Wike.

1 Like

Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by derecho(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2022
He is still relevant because the pipu believe he'd be Obidient.
If he does otherwise... Sorry will be his name.
He is simply enjoying the people's power
Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by Zonefree(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike is a grassroot politician. He doesn't believe in federal politics. He knows his people and his people know him.

1 Like

Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by DOTian: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2022
He was able to fix certain governors into power during the Uche Secondus era. He helped some become governors and others to get into prime political positions. In the process, he built a great deal of political influence and connections across the regions and this helped him to build up his base too. The governor of Oyo and Abia are prime examples. The governor of Beneu state also remembers Wikes stand during the time of his trivials. If all the governors and political officers he helped in one way or the other with his oversized control of the PDP under Uche Secondus stuck with him during the convention, he would have done much better.

But folks like the Edo State governor, who hates to be controlled, chickened out. He lost the primaries basically because of Atikus well oiled political machinery, which broke into the South South and South East governors forums. After the convention, he skillfully stuck with his losing crew and somehow formed a formidable bloc that can somewhat politically blackmail the aspirants to make concessions to them. That to me is intelligent politics. How it all ends will determine how savvy he is. But by inflating his political importance to the extent that he has made himself the major topic of political discuss, even at this stage of the process, takes a great deal of latent political talent.
Re: Is Governor Wike Overhyped? by SadiqBabaSani: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
DOTian:
He was able to fix certain governors into power during the Uche Secondus era. He helped some become governors and others to get into prime political positions. In the process, he built a great deal of political influence and connections across the regions and this helped him to build up his base too. The governor of Oyo and Abia are prime examples. The governor of Beneu state also remembers Wikes stand during the time of his trivials. If all the governors and political officers he helped in one way or the other with his oversized control of the PDP under Uche Secondus stuck with him during the convention, he would have done much better.

But folks like the Edo State governor, who hates to be controlled, chickened out. He lost the primaries basically because of Atikus well oiled political machinery, which broke into the South South and South East governors forums. After the convention, he skillfully stuck with his losing crew and somehow formed a formidable bloc that can somewhat politically blackmail the aspirants to make concessions to them. That to me is intelligent politics. How it all ends will determine how savvy he is. But by inflating his political importance to the extent that he has made himself the major topic of political discuss, even at this stage of the process, takes a great deal of latent political talent.
Aptly put

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Civil Society Organizations Writes Buhari, Demands Sack Of Agric Minister / 2023 Presidential Election / If Buhari Permits Free And Fair Elections In 2023, The APC Will Be Doomed - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.