Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,469 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas (2344 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by PointB: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2011
GOVERNOR Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has denied appointing a bloated cabinet of 250 officials and sacking 10,000 workers in the state.

Speaking with The Guardian in Lagos yesterday, the Special Assistant on Media to the governor, Chinedu Offor, said that what people referred to as a bloated cabinet was a group of volunteers who agreed to wok for the government and were formed into various committees. “It is unfortunate that people simply saw the list of the cabinet members and without asking questions went to the press and started to cry bloated cabinet,” he said.

He said Imo State had the smallest cabinet where the deputy governor was also acting as Commissioner for Works. “People are volunteering to work for the state but people muddled up the numbers of those that were working on volunteer basis with those on government payroll,” he said.

He added: “These people are not government appointees. Their names are just on the list to help the government. They are not government employees neither are they on payroll. They are people who came out to say they love the government and wanted to contribute their quotas to the government of Governor Okorocha.

Immediately the committees are done with their various assignments, they will be dissolved. Before, the jobs of the committees were given to consultants and contractors but they are being done free by the committees.”

http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57115:-okorocha-denies-bloated-cabinet-sacking-10000-workers&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by rolchi(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
In any case, it is a sure recipe for confusion and failure! Imagine a situation, where a technocrat (of a commissioner) gives the governor a good advise but one of those "volunteers" think differently and then the governor is inclined to believe the volunteer,

Any how, an over bloated cabinet is a sure recipe for confusion and where there is confusion, there is bound to be failure, No leader in modern democratic history has done this and therefore, prove to me it will work with RAO!

In management circle, it is believed that when you want 2 men to do a good job, you sassing to them the responsibilities of 3 men and if you want the 3 men to fail, you assign to them the responsibility that one man can do!

Enough said! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by houvest: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
And why should people not be encouraged to think outside the box just because nobody else has tried to do so? SMH. Innovations must be encouraged. If it works, it should be fine-tuned and adopted, If not it is thrown away. Why are folks so scared of RAO's moves? Better Fasten your seatbelt. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by PointB: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2011
houvest:

And why should people not be encouraged to think outside the box just because nobody else has tried to do so? SMH. Innovations must be encouraged. If it works, it should be fine-tuned and adopted, If not it is thrown away. Why are folks so scared of RAO's moves? Better Fasten your seatbelt. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I agree with. Let's see how this volunteer biz works.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by olawalebabs(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
This is how it works, they are not entitle to salary but ALLOWANCE, which at time is more than a Perm Sec earn. I CAN LAUGH
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by PointB: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
olawalebab:

This is how it works, they are not entitle to salary but ALLOWANCE, which at time is more than a Perm Sec earn. I CAN LAUGH

Do you have proof that they receive allowances, and how much allowances they receive? Or is just another of those Nairaland conjectures?
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by olawalebabs(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2011
this is the fact of the matter, check the payroll of the Aides, that is what is always there.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by PointB: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
olawalebab:

this is the fact of the matter, check the payroll of the Aides, that is what is always there.

Do you have copies? Can you share?
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by olawalebabs(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2011
Check Revenue mobilization and fiscal allocation for details of what am talking about.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by Genius100: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
This guy is lying. The actress that was made the special assistant for lagos gave an interview and said she had not been briefed over what her assignment was and had no idea about the renumerations. So she volunteered for a job she did not know about?
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by Demdem(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^ i heard that also. I think this guy in question is lying.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by olawalebabs(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2011
The guy is just trying the prove the mistake of his boss right.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by agitator: 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
whatever rocks their boats
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by nigerhead(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
all this long story, just publish the names of the volunteers and the names of those on the government payroll. Or is that not the common sense thing to do. Everybody would know who is who. chikena. simples.

Nigerian Politicians and there corner-corner; Jay-Jay Okocha skills.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by lagcity(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2011
yeaaa. confusion break bone. this will not end well
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by kizydafizy(m): 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
I still believe Governor Rochas cannot afford to fail, with all the love and loyalty showered on him by the people of Imo State. It is his ambition to run for presidency in the near future that has called for his involving more hands on deck, he's indirectly building a formidable political platform!

Furthermore, I can boldly admit that I for one have already witnessed some great accomplishments under his government. The area I've benefited from is @ the state's teaching hospital/medical & nursing school.
The state of things there have suddenly changed for the better!
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by hackney(m): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
Voluntary or not, no cabinet needs that many people larking around doing what we dont know.
Re: Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
Doesn't look like a bad idea. I hope he screened the volunteers though. They need to be qualified for what they're volunteering for since its stage affairs.lets keep our fingers crossed

(1) (Reply)

Inec De-registers 7 Political Parties / Govt Declares 24-hour Curfew In Kano After Suicide Blast, Explosions / .j

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.