Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,687 members, 7,930,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:40 PM

Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates (364 Views)

Buratai To Generals: Coup Won't Be Tolerated. Don't Listen To Politicians / 2019 Election: List Of Presidential Candidates And Their Parties / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by oriskenny16: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0WCS3J7ReY

Speaking to Nigerians in Frankfurt, Germany, on Friday, Obi also asked Nigerians to carry out background checks on all presidential candidates to determine if they know what Nigerians need. Obi, Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); Rabiu Kwankwaso, flagbearer of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP); and Bola Tinubu, standard bearer of the All Progressives (APC), were all invited as panellists to speak at the recently concluded 2022 NBA Annual General Conference in Lagos.

The Peter Obi Support Network Media Group quoted the LP candidate as saying that educational qualification is not the same as integrity and that Nigerians should hold each candidate accountable for their campaign promises.

“When you listen to us, go and check our background, this is not a time for somebody to show us his qualifications, I live in Nigeria, and I know Nigeria and what Nigerians need. I am not a stranger to Nigerian problems,” the group quoted Obi as saying. “I am a trader, but I have the privilege to go to some of the best of schools like Oxford, Cambridge, and other Ivy League institutions, but I always say to people that educational qualification is not the same as integrity.

“Listen to all the presidential candidates, not through proxy. Let anyone who wants to be your president come forward himself and speak to you directly because he is the one you will hold responsible for whatever happens to Nigeria under his care. “This campaign is not a campaign you are going to speak through somebody. That person needs to come and directly tell us what he is going to do for our country, and we must take note of whatever he says and hold him by his words.

“We also don’t want one that would be carried to this place in a wheelchair, but must consider his capacity, competence, integrity and commitment.”

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by marenalexander7: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
HANDSOME MEN... Both are Technocrats with rare intelligence. GOD is truly rewriting the story of Nigeria. We will continue to work tirelessly until they are sworn in

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by danjumaisah: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
Even though our leaders has failed us but there is still hope that Nigeria will be Great again if we keep tribalism and Sectionalism aside and vote for compitent and capable leader...
Together we can achieve it... �
Obidiently Yusful I Remain!!!
❤️���

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by dangerousd071: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
OBIdent and Yusuful we shall all be. We no wan grand pa’s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by Massiveglory: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Listen to all the presidential candidates, not through proxy. Let anyone who wants to be your president come forward himself and speak to you directly because he is the one you will hold responsible for whatever happens to Nigeria under his care.

Any person who cannot personally engage Nigerians live is not worthy of being our president.
We were fooled and deceived in 2015. Don't let it happen again. Aso rock is not a retirement compensation home. Nigeria must work again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by GoooodHardDick: 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
Peter Obi is the hope of the hopeless.

He is a force to reckon with. Man is soaring higher and indeed the next president of Nigeria. Let's ensure not to miss it again this time around, together we can get it right with PO. Vote labour party vote peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by donaldking100: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by SaiOba: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nigerians need to say NO TO ANIMALS SWALLOWING MONEY in 2023 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by Think9ja(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
The chief statistician himself.

Keep bringing out useless statistics while your opponents are busy telling Nigeriana what they will do

If this was how he won the Anambra governorship election then, then it's safe to say that Anambra once had a clueless figure freak as governor.

I'm not looking for a saint in 2023, I need someone with the political will to get us back on track.

The last two presidents of Nigeria were a complete disaster, all because they told us they were both saints.

Never again!

Again, no entitled grand father will rule been Nigeria
Re: Obi To Nigerians: Don't Listen To Proxies Of Presidential Candidates by ZeroAccess: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2022
How can you elect someone that is afraid to come tell you how he intend to govern you. No be juju be that. You can not support tinubu and not sound stupid.

On Obi mandate I stand gidigba. Shabi you all paid delegates to elect you, we the main structures await your disgrace.

Obi is coming

(1) (Reply)

Bad Leadership Has Damaged Nigeria, We Must Rescue Our Country – Peter Obi / The Only Reason Why Peter Obi Will Perform As A President. / Stop Following Wike Around, Tackle Abia’s Infrastructural Deficit, Ikpeazu Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.