Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,779 members, 7,915,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:48 PM

What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? (7620 Views)

Pregnancy Before Marriage: Share Your Views / Pregnancy Before Marriage: Why Are Most Men Particular About It? / Sex & Pregnancy Before Marriage Will Cause U To Marry Another Person Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by javalove(m): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

I love the current one and it is working fine so go [size=18pt]sky-dive of a high rise without a parachute[/size]

All hail the super lyricist. . .Modnizzy!!!! You must be a modenine fan eh?

@topic

Okay. . .lets do this. . . As someone rightly said on this thread, this issue can be viewed from 3 different angles. . .Cultural, Social and Religious views. . .

I am Yoruba and accordiing to the Yoruba culture, its totally wrong. . .

I am a muslim and in Islam. . .its totally wrong. . .

Thing is SOCIETY has an expectation of everyone. . .the woman who is bothered about not having children MIGHT BE because of her failing to meet the expectations of the society (Family, friends, etc)  . Same with the man. So to fulfill all righteousness, some men make it compulsory for their women to be pregnant before the wedding. I personally know a friend of mine who dumped a girl because she refused to get pregnant. . .

So because I am first a muslim before being a Yoruba boy or any other thing in life, the teachings of my faith will prevail over both societal and cultural values. . .hence, its wrong. . .in all totality for a guy and a girl who are not married to even have sex talk less of getting pregnant. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Simbione: 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
If you asked me this question last year, i would say pregnancy after marriage is the way to gobecause that it is best for a child to be born into a stable marriage unit.  However, as someone who, while trying to conceive was diagnosed with a disease one of the effects of which is reduced fertility or, in some cases, infertility, I say start trying to get pregnant as soon as you find your mate and you guys are mentally and financially ready, even if you are not yet married.   I always assumed it would be so easy to get pregnant but now realizing it probably won't happen as easily for me as it will for other women, and may only happen for me with medical treatment and a radical change in my diet.  So, whether it is before marriage or after marriage - it does not matter to me anymore.  if you are ready and your mate is ready, start trying.  My take now is, whether before or after, a child is a blessing.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by God2man(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hebrew 13:4" marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" whatever we are going to do before or after marriage must be honourable and undefiled. You cannot outsmart God. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by deniyor: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
It is usually a bad idea.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
deniyor:

It is usually a bad idea.

That is only on religious level but it is ok to confirm sterility of both man and woman !
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ofomilad(m): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
Am an advocate of preg. b4 marriage. My intention can only change when am 100% sure she's a virgin. Coz wat gurls involve in these days can't be over looked. That's me for real!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Galaxy7: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
white weed luck is good  but What matters most is the concert of the both family,[EI]Traditional wright.as long as the two families involved are in support  start making your children it's OK
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by otokx(m): 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
Not good
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Tinax(f): 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
i think its ok if the two pple involve hv gone some few steps ahead to gettin marrid. Atleast the guy wil knw that the lady is "tastd and trustd". Vise-vasr.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Galaxy7: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
tested ND trusted?you can not trust a woman guy
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by shooze: 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
Nope its kind of risky. Know someone who the guy she got pregnant for and planned to marry died before the wedding and a friend who the guy called off the wedding and she is now a single mum and the guy has married someone else.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by LaconicINC: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
Scriptures say marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled! It's a BIG no no, to get pregnant outside weddlock or engage in premarital sex!!!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pregnancy before marriage is against religous and moral standards . . . . So is pre marital sex.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by chibaby5(f): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
Naah I dnt support it. Place n tym for everything.
However the above statement depends on the circumstance(s) surrounding it
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by RickyRoss1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Can you buy a shoe/clothings without testing/wearing it to know if it fits? The answer is NO,
I am a Christian, love God and stuff, but when it comes to marriage I will do away with sentiments and face reality,
IMO I believe it is good to know your partner in and out, sexually and otherwise. If you meet any girl who wants you to marry her before sex, then there is 90% chance shes hiding something from you. Its either shes tired of hit and run men, or her kitten is too wide & not good enough. Same with the men. In this modern world today if you meet any man who wants to marry you before sex, then something is wrong with his manhood/erection and this is a fact.

As for pregnancy before marriage, i dont think its good though. In my church if your wife to be is already pregnant then no church wedding for you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Engrkandi(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
LaconicINC:

Scriptures say marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled! It's a BIG no no, to get pregnant outside weddlock or engage in premarital sex!!!
Cool. Then where did this come in?:
"But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry." (1 Corinthians 7:36).
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by RickyRoss1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
Can you buy a shoe/clothings without testing/wearing it to know if it fits? The answer is NO,
I am a Christian, love God and stuff, but when it comes to marriage I will do away with sentiments and face reality,
IMO I believe it is good to know your partner in and out, sexually and otherwise. If you meet any girl who wants you to marry her before sex, then there is 90% chance shes hiding something from you. Its either shes tired of hit and run men, or her kitten is too wide & not good enough. Same with the men. In this modern world today if you meet any man who wants to marry you before sex, then something is wrong with his manhood/erection and this is a fact.

As for pregnancy before marriage, i dont think its good though. In my church if your wife to be is already pregnant then no church wedding for you.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
Ujujoan:

Pregnancy before marriage is against religous and moral standards . . . .  So is pre marital sex.

How is conception possible without sex or are you opposed to in-vitro fertilization? Am a bit confused.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by lepasharon(f): 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2011
i dont like seeing dat bulge in the wedding dreess na in be my own
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
MORALLY IT'S WRONG! But due to the high extremes of MORAL DECADENCE in the society, what is BAD is now GOOD! In the DAYS of my parents, these acts were frowned at! Actually a TABOO in most cultures! But these days? If you are not following the crowd, everyone thinks you are weird! And most people are actually pressurized into it! NOT JUDGING anyone, BUT the truth be TOLD!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
With array of birth controls there is no reason someone should be foolish.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Abujabir24: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
It is practically haram (illegal, wrong) for a lady to get pregnant for her fiance b4 dey get married. We in d muslim community consida it vry wrong, so mr poster pls stp dis kind of thread postin. I think even in christianity it is nt good. I mean pre-marital sex.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by dabrake(m): 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
Ultrame:

Where do you live? Mars?
9s reply 2 a hypocrite. And 2 think dat sum1 stayin in GHANA wil hv d effrontery 2 comment in such a way, , (una knw wetin i mean nah)
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by juman(m): 1:36am On Aug 09, 2011
Abujabir24:

It is practically haram (illegal, wrong) for a lady to get pregnant for her fiance b4 dey get married. We in d muslim community consida it vry wrong, so mr poster pls stp dis kind of thread postin. I think even in christianity it is nt good. I mean pre-marital sex.

Yes
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 1:52am On Aug 09, 2011
Here comes the Muslim union.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by N101: 2:27am On Aug 09, 2011
Abujabir24:

It is the same in Christianity, pre-marital sex is wrong.  Although some people practice a very perverse kind of secular Christianity where anything is allowed.

Ricky_Ross:

Yes I can and many people do.  I have bought clothes and shoes online because I know my size and how things fit me.  There is a difference between trying on a pair of shoes or clothing to check the fit and walking out of the store without paying.

sexkillz:

MORALLY IT'S WRONG! But due to the high extremes of MORAL DECADENCE in the society, what is BAD is now GOOD! In the DAYS of my parents, these acts were frowned at! Actually a TABOO in most cultures! But these days? If you are not following the crowd, everyone thinks you are weird! And most people are actually pressurized into it! NOT JUDGING anyone, BUT the truth be TOLD!

I'm always curious as to why we think our so-called "modern thinking" is so much better than our parents, especially on issues like this.  Seeing pre-marital pregnancy as a taboo isn't without a reason.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 09, 2011
Same as to sex before marriage
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Jenifa1: 2:58am On Aug 09, 2011
Some people get pregnant by accident or for some other reasons.

but whoever agrees to become pregnant to prove fertility is a DUNCE.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ceasyc(f): 3:34am On Aug 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

Some people get pregnant by accident or for some other reasons.

but whoever agrees to become pregnant to prove fertility is a DUNCE.

lwkmd. na so!

if single/1st child = marriage 1st

if divorcee/divorced/single parent = any1 goes. it doesnt matter
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Pweety4me(f): 3:41am On Aug 09, 2011
@OP If your READY to Be Intimate then you should be ready for whatever comes along with it, so in that case it's better you get intimate with people who you really trust and see something valuable happening with in the long/near future in short 'potential-partners', so therefore if anything unexpected happens such as a pregnancy then all is not lost? but ofcourse not everyone has the same mindset.

I'm not anyone to judge people's choices but it's always good to make healthy1's, stick to what you believe, and don't back down on it no matter the challenge.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ojolomi: 4:12am On Aug 09, 2011
Money, how long wil a man lok 4 money to pay is due, everytin is money, the change is here, marrige or welding al hand are not equal, al tins work 4 good to them tat love,
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Sike(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2011
REALITY101:

Same as to sex before marriage
Ujujoan:

Pregnancy before marriage is against religous and moral standards . . . . So is pre marital sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Do U Prefer A Rich Boy Or Handsome Boy? / Top 10 Countries Where There Is More Sex / This Akata Girl Won't Let Me Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.