Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,821 members, 7,879,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:34 PM

Is Russia A Good Place To Live? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Russia A Good Place To Live? (19504 Views)

Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Is Nigeria A Good Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by onitilo: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
is Russia a better place to stay? can any one tell me about life in russia.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Rgp92: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2011
A lot of racist there. Very bad place to live for Africans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
onitilo:

is Russia a better place to stay? can any one tell me about life in russia.

Is Russia a better place than where? Your query is incomplete.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by obigin43(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2011
smiley smiley smiley grin from mine personal view it is a complete statement,the poster is not doing comparism only wanted to know if the country or the environment would be convenient for him to stay.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2011
^^^ Comrade, when the word " better" is used in any context, it becomes a comparison. Onitilo asked if Russia is a better place to stay. Better than where? The answers he get would depend on where he currently resides. If he lives in the United States, the answer would be no. If he lives in Iraq, the answer would most likely be yes.

So his question is all about comparison.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by obigin43(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2011
no time at all grin
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by jfad: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Comrade, when the word " better" is used in any context, it becomes a comparison. Onitilo asked if Russia is a better place to stay. Better than where? The answers he gets would depend on where he currently resides. If he lives in the United States, the answer would be no. If he lives in Iraq, the answer would most likely be yes.

siena d prof
:-D
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by obigin43(m): 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2011
na wetin dem turn nairaland to be that ooo instead of to answer poster question na to throw question back to him grin grin grin grin poster question banks plenty here oo cool
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by eghost247(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Comrade, when the word " better" is used in any context, it becomes a comparison. Onitilo asked if Russia is a better place to stay. Better than where? The answers he get would depend on where he currently resides. If he lives in the United States, the answer would be no. If he lives in Iraq, the answer would most likely be yes.

Smart Dude
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by hackney(m): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
Siena:

EXACTLY.
Poor education is just rife in nigeria.

Russia is a terrible place for blacks. they are routinely attacked in trains and shopping malls.
Besides, russia has little or nothing to offer anybody as the society is similar to that of Nigeria: a few people with all the money.
I'd rather live in nigeria than in russia.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2011
The racial discrimination in Russia against Africans is very high. It's among the worst places to live as Africans.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
There are very dangerous skinheads in Russia, even in Moscow. Racist attacks happen with shocking regularity in Russia.

However, you could always try your luck. This man below did,
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/russianow/politics/7978017/Jean-Gregoire-Sagbo-the-first-black-man-to-hold-elected-office-in-Russia.html

And he made a success out of himself.

1 Share

Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by talulah(f): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
Stay where you are dude, Russia is no good for blacks. I have friends that went to school there and came back with horror stories.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Honeycity(f): 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
i still dont get why Nigerians rush to Russia to study? undecided
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Rgp92: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
Honeycity:

i still dont get why Nigerians rush to Russia to study? undecided

Russia education system is still better than the one in Nigeria
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Rgp92: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by talulah(f): 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
If i were them i would rather study in Nigeria, I know someone that just withdrew from his medical degree with lots of depression issues from Russia.The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by mithel(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
Chai,wen i dey tink say,make i give the op my opinion kpam kpam b4 ppl spoil im mind with their stereotyping.but i will still say my own.

Nw,it depends on wat u want to go and do there,if na to go and work,dat wan na long tin o,because 1)their economy just use style beta pass our own ni.and the jobs they available are just enof for their citizens,n nt even enof,but its far far beta dan 9ja's own.2)nigerians don spoil deir mind with our gbajue n illegal hustling behavior.there ws a tym,u wud see 9jarians hawkin hard drugs on d road,and our gals sef no try,na so so prostitution,n dat caused dem to be harsh on us.n ofcos oda africans too.

But if na to study,then russia is a gr8 place to go.me sef am going there soon.i had a lot of mixed feelings b4,so i decided to tospy d place n check it out b4 decidin,and i went in march n spent 2 months,and i can say the place is a good place.

And on the big mata,RACISM,its has a lot of factors,be cautious of the way u talk to dem,know wen to leave dem n go ur house(usually wen dey take too much vodka,they start to misbehave),dont walk alone in alleys,n lonely areas(but i didnt adhere to dis one o,i walked freely) and dont do anything illegal.dont overchase their gals,even if they chase u.(gals r more dan men in russia)russian men r mostly jealous.so dnt go around d streets flauntin ur russian gf.if u adhere to all dis,u av a 0.0001% chance of getin beaten.and ignore racist comments too,give dem dat na dem sabi attitude.but to be honest,racist abuse has gone down very well,maybe 1 or 2 incidents in deir villages n suburb areas.

I hope i av tried.dasvidaniya (byebye in russian)hehehe.i learn sometin.awkin hard drugs on d road,and our gals sef no try,na so so prostitution,n dat caused dem to be harsh on us.n ofcos oda africans too.

But if na to study,then russia is a gr8 place to go.me sef am going there soon.i had a lot of mixed feelings b4,so i decided to tospy d place n check it out b4 decidin,and i went in march n spent 2 months,and i can say the place is a good place.

And on the big mata,RACISM,its has a lot of factors,be cautious of the way u talk to dem,know wen to leave dem n go ur house(usually wen dey take too much vodka,they start to misbehave),dont walk alone in alleys,n lonely areas(but i didnt adhere to dis one o,i walked freely) and dont do anything illegal.dont overchase their gals,even if they chase u.(gals r more dan men in russia)russian men r mostly jealous.so dnt go around d streets flauntin ur russian gf.if u adhere to all dis,u av a 0.0001% chance of getin beaten.and ignore racist comments too,give dem dat na dem sabi attitude.but to be honest,racist abuse has gone down very well,maybe 1 or 2 incidents in deir villages n suburb areas.

I hope i av tried.dasvidaniya (byebye in russian)hehehe.i learn sometin.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by phreakabit(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
[size=18pt]Is havin SÈX with an AIDS patient safe?[/size]
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Arosa(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
why will a sane naija person want to travel to Russia. the next thing you will hear naijas ask is, is hell a good place to live? angry
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
What is good in Russia?corruption,crime,racism.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by junedon: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2011
good to know that lovely
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Segman22(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
shocked @Mithel, Thanks for the breakdown. I knew it could'nt be as bad as guys were making it out to be. NOt that am interested in going there though
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Sike(m): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2011
Laalamed:

What is good in Russia?corruption,crime,racism.
2nded!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by demoheart: 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
cry cry cry AS YOU CAN SEE AM CRYING FOR UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
AM LIVING PRESENTLY IN COUNTRY CLOSE TO RUSSIAN AND JUST LITTLE DIFF SO, IF YOU LOVE YOURSELF ND FAMILY,NAIRALAND PLSSSSSSSSS cry
NAIJA IS FAR BETTER D TRUTH!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by RickyRoss1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
talulah:

Stay where you are dude, Russia is no good for blacks. I have friends that went to school there and came back with horror stories.

Seconded.
I'd rather live in nigeria than in Russia.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by femmy2010(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
Heard so much about the harsh cold they experience.
Well Vodka would help though.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by member479760: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
russians are racist, and the society not good for immigrants. better stay way!
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
Language barrier, racism et al.

Heard horrid stories

Odemwingie with a russian mother faced discrimination, how much more an african
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2011
I visited St Petersburg, Russia in 2007. I was there for just one week, but even in that short period, I could feel the hate coming from most Russians in waves. Anytime I was at an eatery, shopping mall or on a train, I could sense their dislike, the atmosphere was thick enough for you to lean against, or cut with a bread knife.

I couldn't imagine any sane African wanting to study there. You'll have little or no social life, dating a Russian girl could be dangerous, drinking in a bar could end up with you staggering through a dark alley, with a broken head. Compared to Russia, Nigeria is paradise.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by cuteness01: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
@op
i actually logged in because of u, i live in Russia,so,,i can give u1st hand info.living in russia could be whatever you choose it to be. can answer ur question better if i know ur purpose of living in russia.
Re: Is Russia A Good Place To Live? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^

I'm guessing you're female

A male would more likely be attacked than a female.

Numerous videos abound on Yt showing skinheads jumping immigrants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. / Herdsmen Cause Accident On Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, Two Dead (graphic Pic) / Few Nigerians Work As Cabin-Crew On International Airlines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.