Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,400 members, 7,908,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

In My Village - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In My Village (419 Views)

My Village Wife {episode 1} / My Village Love (Chapter 1) / My Village Prince And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In My Village by chimuma(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
IN MY VILLAGE

In my village, surrounded we are;

by bushes and trees, yet, like the wind, we walk freely without pricks from thorns and pain from snake bites.

In my village, night is like morning, as the sun(stars) rays brighten both, and on our scenes, witches and wizards are nowhere to be found.

In my village, crickets and frogs

sing evening hymns melodiously, and our stars and moons–the best

In my village, street lights leading us to the sight of beautiful maidens dancing without exhaustion–gives us joy.

In my village, elders are our friends, they tell us their folklore and we–children–pay back–running errands with bare legs.

In my village, peace spreads like an umbrella, with open huts with doors and windows, still nobody

gets called a thief, but a chief.

In my village...

© Princewill Chika Nkisa

Princewill Chika Nkisa hails from Obrikom in ONELGA, Rivers State. He is a poet, playwright and actor.
He's the author of A Bolt From The Blue (A Play). He also owns other plays to his credit.

(1) (Reply)

My First Meeting With A Ghost (2) / Must You Research To Write A High Content? / Sometimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.