Stats: 3,187,067 members, 7,931,667 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. (1147 Views)

Lagos Mechanic’s Car Crushes Mother, Two Children In Ajamgbadi Area / Trailer Crushes 10 School Children In Lagos (Photos) / Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by Elfree: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHcU-G7JB0.

The children of African immigrants in the West specifically America, even though born in United States aren't viewed as full Americans. And as well as disconnected to the root the home country.

They're neither here or there just hanging in the balance. Their parents needs help establish them in their native countries where they've ancestry and family roots they can identify with.

They can't afford not to this before their death and these children are permanently disconnected from the families in Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 12:16am On Aug 30, 2022
Do you know your great grandfathers name 99.98% of Nigerians don’t know. Live your life and stop worrying about irrelevant things. Most of them cant cope or survive in Nigeria too

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by Elfree: 2:59am On Aug 30, 2022
Speak for yourself. I knew the name of my great great great grand father till the 5th generation back. Your parents failed to teach you your family genealogy. Don't project your ineptitude on others.

This is the same mentality that lady is highliting- Colonial and slave mentality.

How many white people has made Nigeria or Africa their homes?

The black Americans the descendants of slaves are moving back and resettling in African continent particularly of Ghana. Do some research to educate yourself. You tube very helpful. It will show you the black Americans living in Africa and enjoying it.

And you're recommending we submit ourselves to voluntary slavery because the Transatlantic slave trade wasn't enough. Something is wrong with you.

How's Africa going to develop if you're losing the intellectuals and professionals to the West. Who's actively brain draining Africa quality human capital.

And then African first generation children born to African immigrants aren't returning to the continent for either entrepreneurship, what other plans do you have ?

Or i guess Africa exist to produce labour, manpower and workforce for white people to make money off their backs. My God, how many more people have this profoundly ignorant and uneducated mentality? Scary �

Have you been anywhere in the West to feel racism

Worry about yourself, those kids are always going to be Americans, Canadians or British. They've other countries they can always return to, if they wish, or they can shuttle between the two countries.

Please shut your trap.

Better to remain silent than open your mouth and removing every doubt of stupidity.

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 4:00am On Aug 30, 2022
Angry bitter female lol. We know ya type. There Are 43 million african Americans. There are over 50m of rhem in brazil. Less than 10k of them have gone yo ghana and you are using that as a point lmao. Did whites not make South African and zimbabwe home Just be there saying things thats wont work or materialize abegi. You know your lineage fine. Most Nigerians don’t even know lol

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by Elfree: 5:56am On Aug 30, 2022
Ednut1
I cannot exchange with a timid and myopic individual who's never stepped out of Nigeria. Who's life goal is to have ordinary South African visa in his passport.

This topic is way too advanced, sophisticated and too deep for your comprehension. As typical of some egoistic Nigerians that won't keep quiet in a topic they've no clue. Just yapping their mouths and exhibiting their ignorance.

If 10,000 of people whose ancestors were born in America returned to Ghana alone and there thousands in other 54 African countries. That didn't speak volume to you?

Did you even watch the video. Can't you tell from her accent she's not based in Nigeria. What's she angry about living in America for 25 years and sharing her insights into the country.

In your slave mentality.

The Dutch, Germans, Lebanon and all the white expatriates can survive living in Nigeria and cashing in from Nigerian economy. But, God forbid the nation's descendants with the same qualifications and credentials as those white expatriates returning back to get the same job.

You need your head examined.

Some village boy talking BS.

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2022
Elfree:
Ednut1
I cannot exchange with a timid and myopic individual who's never stepped out of Nigeria. Who's life goal is to have ordinary South African visa in his passport.

If 10,000 of people whose ancestors were born in America returned to Ghana alone and there thousands in other 54 African countries. That didn't speak volume to you?

Did you even watch the video. Can't you tell from her accent she's not based in Nigeria. What's she angry about living in America for 25 years and sharing her insights into the country.

In your slave mentality.

The Dutch, Germans, Lebanon and all the white expatriates can survive living in Nigeria and cashing in from Nigerian economy. But, God forbid the nation's descendants with the same qualifications and credentials as those white expatriates returning back to get the same job.

I don die!!!!!! grin grin grin

But ma'am, 10K African Americans out of almost 47 million AAs relocating to Africa is extremely negligible (less than 5%). Also, when one considers that most of these people are near retirement, it means the working age population of African Americans aren't interested in moving to the motherland, largely due to economics. The average African American will see his/her living standards plummet should such a move to Africa be made. The economies of sub-Saharan Africa are doing so badly, which is the reason those in the sub-region strive to flee. If it was so good, many AAs will gladly return. But economics will always trump emotions and psychology. Some months ago, I went through a twitter thread by black Britons who whined about racism in the UK on emigrating, none suggested moving to Africa - home to more blacks than elsewhere. Why? They know their living standards will decline drastically.

Anyway, as expected of such advisors, the woman in the video isn't based in Africa. I wish to ask, when is she relocating to a country in Africa? Shouldn't she practice what she preaches? grin

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by ibechris(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2022
ednut1:
Angry bitter female lol. We know ya type. There Are 43 million african Americans. There are over 50m of rhem in brazil. Less than 10k of them have gone yo ghana and you are using that as a point lmao. Did whites not make South African and zimbabwe home Just be there saying things thats wont work or materialize abegi. You know your lineage fine. Most Nigerians don’t even know lol

Just like u don't know your lineage.

Say what u know and don't generalised.

Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Elfree:
Ednut1

This topic is way too advanced, sophisticated and too deep for your comprehension. As typical of some egoistic Nigerians that won't keep quiet in a topic they've no clue. Just yapping their mouths and exhibiting their ignorance.

In your slave mentality.

lol you wish.Talk another thing. Thats me if you care to know below . My topics are full of evidences of me being out of Nigerian. So this your topic is wishful thinking. The cost alone for flight to Nigeria for you and your children alone self fit discourage you from travelling home . You dey abuja yourself. Have you stepped out of Nigerian Olodo

https://www.nairaland.com/6994866/frozen-lake-trip-lake-simcoe
Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gerrard59:

I don die!!!!!! grin grin grin

But ma'am, 10K African Americans out of almost 47 million AAs relocating to Africa is extremely negligible (less than 5%). Also, when one considers that most of these people are near retirement, it means the working age population of African Americans aren't interested in moving to the motherland, largely due to economics. The average African American will see his/her living standards plummet should such a move to Africa be made. The economies of sub-Saharan Africa are doing so badly, which is the reason those in the sub-region strive to flee. If it was so good, many AAs will gladly return. But economics will always trump emotions and psychology. Some months ago, I went through a twitter thread by black Britons who whined about racism in the UK on emigrating, none suggested moving to Africa - home to more blacks than elsewhere. Why? They know their living standards will decline drastically.

Anyway, as expected of such advisors, the woman in the video isn't based in Africa. I wish to ask, when is she relocating to a country in Africa? Shouldn't she practice what she preaches? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNO3qTvhUiQ even the african Americans are running back lol
Re: Nigerian Diaspora Needs To Focus Their Children in Nigeria. by Favor99(m): 2:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Elfree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHcU-G7JB0.

The children of African immigrants in the West specifically America, even though born in United States aren't viewed as full Americans. And as well as disconnected to the root the home country.

They're neither here or there just hanging in the balance. Their parents needs help establish them in their native countries where they've ancestry and family roots they can identify with.

They can't afford not to this before their death and these children are permanently disconnected from the families in Nigeria.

Yes you have a very valid point. First generation Nigerian Americans really need to connect with their families back home before it’s too late. The only people to do that is their parents and close family members. I’m so surprised by the lack of vision and understanding from other commenters here. But your right.

It’s tougher to do with the dangers of back home. But Nigerians in diaspora especially in America need to teach their children the language and the culture and connect them with back home. They need that base and support and culture or else they will be in a lonely cold country being discriminated by the different groups in America, You already see Black American hate groups like ADOS and FBA, Black Hebrew Israelites starting this harassment

Please Qatar Is Not For Unprofessionals Tell Your Friend / Replacing Nigerian Passport Lost In UK / india visa