Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,933 members, 7,890,069 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Best Smartphone Operating System - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Smartphone Operating System (1301 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / The Best Smartphone That Costs Less Than 25K / Which is your best smartphone in 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Smartphone Operating System by jude2011: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pls i want to buy a smartphone that can easily replace my laptop in function so i ask which operating system is the best in terms of function? Is it android , symbian, windows mobile7 , iphone or blackberry. Pls i want to know a phone that can fit into the future cos of many innovation going on in the phone market. I want an operating system that can still be relevant in 2yrs time thanks
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
A Nokia 3510i is still relevant in some users eyes !!! Are you expecting Nairalanders to predict the Future ?
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Rogbese(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2011
Android is the way to go. Google it and you'll see.
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by lakefist(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
for me its symbian my fone n96 act as my laptop in most case,
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Rogbese(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
lakefist:

for me its symbian my fone n96 act as my laptop in most case,

I feel you. I used my N95-1 for YEARS! But once you move to Android, Symbian will seem like a dinosaur!

1 Like

Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Lexusgs430: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
Rogbese:

I feel you. I used my N95-1 for YEARS! But once you move to Android, Symbian will seem like a dinosaur!

What you meant to say was, symbian is a dinosaur !
Anybody not feeling the android wave, is on a long thing !!!
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2011
not just android but the samsung galaxy s II or htc sensation
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2011
u2 1 day:

not just android but the samsung galaxy s II or htc sensation

Haba, you decided to recommend two of the best !!! Let poster start with mid range, then yearn for more !!!!
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2011
ok i agree, but any of those two phones is worth it. when u buy it, spend the 1st day installing apps then buy a data bundle, then charge the phone overnight, and wake up to never let go of the phone. samsung is not from our milky way galaxy, and htc is absolutely sensational.
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by N101: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
It depends on what you want your phone to do. If you want something simple and uncomplicated, go for a Nokia. If you want something that you can manipulate around a bit, go for an Android phone. If you don't mind having everything channelled to you from one place, go for Apple. And if you've got lots of friends to IM, go for a BlackBerry.

It's really all down to user preference.
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by lakefist(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2011
its symbian or no fone, i have everytin i nid say micro soft office,acrobat reader,zip manager,win rar,python,file browser,hex editor,etc

1 Like

Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by goggs(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2011
if money is not.ur.problem get an android phone espicially the galaxy sii for the ultimate experience. bought my yesterday, its so awesome i cldnt let it go now having painful fingers from non stop use! get a htc,sony erricson or lg android. i am certain you will like the experience

nokia is old school. symbian is dying. after using android, i am wondering if symbian should still be legal!

tried windows before on a htc. its good. i expect mango (the new os) to be good
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by Lexusgs430: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2011
goggs:

if money is not.your.problem get an android phone espicially the galaxy sii for the ultimate experience. bought my yesterday, its so awesome i cldnt let it go now having painful fingers from non stop use! get a htc,sony erricson or lg android. i am certain you will like the experience

nokia is old school. symbian is dying. after using android, i am wondering if symbian should still be legal!

tried windows before on a htc. its good. i expect mango (the new os) to be good

I Love mango, o so yummy !!!! But the use mango as an operating system will be a harsh punishment for the poor mango, but MeeGo as an operating system, now we are talking !!!!!!
Re: Best Smartphone Operating System by 2kurupt(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
@OP. Truth be told, no fone can replace your lappy ( no offense to fan boys) as at now, despite the os it runs. But I'll advise you to get an android operated fone. It's flashy & fluid like the ios yet can be manipulated technically like symbian. It's also got good social network integration like the bb os if that's wat suits your fancy.
Your need to try it to believe it

(1) (Reply)

Phones-opsson 6655s / Help Pls!!!!! My Battery Drains Every Second! / Which Is Your First Phone? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.