Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport (695 Views)

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport / Train Derailment In Montana, USA: Three Dead, Fifty Injured / Dubai Airport Flooded As Flights Are Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by Intelcorei7: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
A businessman and former presidential candidate of the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party, (ANRP) in the 2019 general elections, Tope Fasua, on Friday raised the alarm that 50 Nigerians citizens were currently being detained at Dubai Airport.

In a post on his official social media pages, Fassa appealed to the Federal government and Mrs Dabiri-Erewa, the Chairman and the Chief Executive officer of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) to urgently intervene in the situation.

According to him, the passengers who came into Dubai on Ethiopian Airlines may be deported anytime soon over a rule that was just made yesterday by the Dubai authorities that anyone traveling to the country without their families must be denied entry.

He wrote ” So as I type this, about 50 Nigerians who came into Dubai on Ethiopia Airlines this morning are being detained at Dubai Airport and are likely to be deported. One of them called me now and when I tried to reach him back for more info I realised he called with someone else’s number”.

” I didn’t believe his story but the owner of the phone, a Muslim from Northern Nigeria, confirmed to me. He sounded very responsible and said he spoke with the Immigration Manager at Dubai Airport Terminal 1″.

“A new rule was made just yesterday that any Nigerian coming into the UAE alone without their family must be disallowed. The Northern chap’s wife and children are already in Dubai for a holiday. He couldn’t travel when they did. But now he is being deported, men and women, about 50. All Nigerians”.

“People say I shouldn’t be angry with Buhari govt. Nigerian youths also justify the nonsense they have made of our image on the back of bad governance. I think its deeper and worse. I never knew I’d see the day that we will be fully ostracised from the world. The UAE is the last bus stop where we get some respect. Even African countries have none for us”.

“I have texted Madam Abike hoping she can help these folks. Hope she acts fast. She usually does but I know even she is frustrated. This is what we’ve done to ourselves. The big guys are still busy gallivanting. And the young misguided ones have ensured that every Nigerian is viewed first as a cheap criminal. What a way to be”.
https://independent.ng/50-nigerian-travelers-currently-detained-at-dubai-airport-says-former-presidential-candidate/

Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by hisgrace090: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
See where longer throat have dragged us to as a nation as we always see people behaving decently as being naive.
Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
hard to believe new rule...
Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by AllKnowing: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
No one can fault the Emirati Government for insisting that Nigerian Immigrants have some skin in the game; a family man with a loving wife and kids will hardly think to walk around the streets of Dubai, in knickers, and brandishing a machete.

So, just as well, maybe. This diplomatic impasse may birth better migration opportunities for Nigerians residing in the UAE (maybe 10 years down the line).

My everyday prayer is Nigerians living out here with me do not take to vices that’ll give us all a bad rep.
Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by Goodman247: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
hisgrace090:
See where longer throat have dragged us to as a nation as we always see people behaving decently as being naive.
yeah, they think if you are not loud and aggressive you are a mugu in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by Goodman247: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nigerians again, somebody was saying that Nigeria is the most stupid country in the world, This is the time to elect good leaders not based on tribe or religion
Re: Fifty Nigerians Travelers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport by nwwzz: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
AllKnowing:
No one can fault the Emirati Government for insisting that Nigerian Immigrants have some skin in the game; a family man with a loving wife and kids will hardly think to walk around the streets of Dubai, in knickers, and brandishing a machete.

So, just as well, maybe. This diplomatic impasse may birth better migration opportunities for Nigerians residing in the UAE (maybe 10 years down the line).

My everyday prayer is Nigerians living out here with me do not take to vices that’ll give us all a bad rep.

What does this even mean?

This is a silly rule.

Why should you have to travel with family?

Maybe your spouse is working. Maybe the kids are in school. Maybe you can only afford ticket for one person.

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Interview / Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... / Family Reunion Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.