Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,904 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets (811 Views)

Top Must Have Wordpress Plugins. / Over 100 Wordpress Plugins and 600 Themes for FREE! / Nigerian Stock Exchange Api, Rss Feeds & Widgets :: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2011
Hi, Guys been practicing on Wordpress Plugins/Widgets and there are quite easily,but am clueless as to what plugins to make as every idea is being thought of,i wouldn't mind some ideas after all it gonna free anyway,it has be one that is useful.thanks
Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by lagoshost(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
What are you trying to do? If we know what you want to do, then we should be able to help.

As you can see, there are over 1million plugins so you only use the one that you want.

We have developed www.incomepanel.com for a nairalander and the blog currently has about 49 plugins.

I will also love to tell you that too much of plugins will slow down your site.

Cheers!
Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks lagoshost that's just the problem,almost every plugin I want to create has been done already,am was hoping to just create one that sm1 can use.
Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by lagoshost(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ok, it seems I even made a mistake on the reply.

Now, can do a plug in that will get people more traffic? If you are able to do that, it will be great.

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2011
working on a simple one, a plugin that will connect to API and shorten ur wordpress link and tweet ur blog title anytime you create a new blog,just held up with some work will get back to u,lagoshost. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by lagoshost(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2011
Ok we are waiting!
Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by rovders: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ pc guru nice one, I like the idea of creating plugins. What are you using to learn
Re: Ideas For Wordpress Plugins/widgets by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
u mean for wordpress, i downloaded a local copy of Wordpress's Codex its actually not hard,its even so easy it makes me look stupid compared to joomla,you just create a function to register the plugin another to create a menu and one to add ur plugin to wordpress action but u have to be familar with "Callbacks"especially in PHP. i can send a tutorial or write one my blog tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Biodun Adesina's Kindle Books / Drop Ur Website And Let's Rate It / Create An Ad Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.