Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,010 members, 7,970,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:24 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (130400 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Eleeesi(m): 3:08pm On Oct 06
Please how much do I likely need to fix my Sienna 2005 burnt gasket?
Please kindly direct

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BigUnclewriters: 4:24pm On Oct 06
Please, I bought a honda CRV 03 Nigerian used. It was fine at first then it started consuming a lot of fuel recently.

On checking the codes, it gave - P0134 - O2 sensor circuit No activity detected (bank 1 sensor 1).
P1077 - Air manifold intake valve

I have tried fixing this with 2 different mechanics now to no avail. The O2 sensor in particular has been changed repeatedly without any solution.

Please help me

kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06
CHIGIM:

I use motorcraft oil which is the oil for ford car.
And i do my service every two months.
My mechanic was a novice to turbocharger problem so he messed up why trying to find why the smoke was heavy.
I don't mind the guy in warri coming to check

I doubt he'd come and check. You'd actually be the one to go to warri and let him diagnose the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06
BigUnclewriters:
Please, I bought a honda CRV 03 Nigerian used. It was fine at first then it started consuming a lot of fuel recently.

On checking the codes, it gave - P0134 - O2 sensor circuit No activity detected (bank 1 sensor 1).
P1077 - Air manifold intake valve

I have tried fixing this with 2 different mechanics now to no avail. The O2 sensor in particular has been changed repeatedly without any solution.

Please help me

Location of the car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06
Eleeesi:
Please how much do I likely need to fix my Sienna 2005 burnt gasket?
Please kindly direct
Depend on how bad the overheating is.
What if the top cylinder is bad,
Just need to be inspected first before you can get a full cost.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manlinee: 6:21pm On Oct 06
empron:

2013 C300 I am a diagnostic technician,the electrician called me to to run a diagnosis on the car,it was stuck on the park.
We discovered no 12v to the ISM,blown fuse cause it.

Pls Can I talk to you privately. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sankabson(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06
Hello House,
Please how good is this Total Coolant for 2016 Camry SE with 88K Milage.

How many Ltrs would I use ?

Thanks..

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manlinee: 3:13pm On Oct 07
empron:

2013 C300 I am a diagnostic technician,the electrician called me to to run a diagnosis on the car,it was stuck on the park.
We discovered no 12v to the ISM,blown fuse cause it.

Hello , pls is there any way I can contact you plss
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by yemi2plus(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07
My car, a Lexus ES 350 2010 model is due for service and the Mobil engine oil I normally use is unavailable in my location at the moment. Now, I am considering getting a different one (also Mobil) and wish to know if there's any disadvantages in changing/switching it.

I attached the images of both engine oils below. The first one is what I have been using since December 2023, and the second one is what I am considering.

Please I need honest opinions on this.

Thank you!

Also, is Dru23 a reliable vendor? Are is products genuine and shipped directly from the US as he claims?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by empron(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07
Manlinee:

Hello , pls is there any way I can contact you plss
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Matteh: 7:07pm
My Bosses in the house.

Currently having a problem with my Avensis 2003. Started with the throttle not giving power that is commensurate to the push on it. And when am climbing a hill it begins to lose speed despite pushing the pedal down to the last while on flat ground it move. Sometimes, it reeves very high especially when I move it after parking under the sun. But after offing and restarting, it becomes normal again.

But recently, like after 3 months of driving since I noticed the stated problems above, throttle pedal doesn't respond at all. So I parked it, only to come the next day to pick it up where I parked and the car won't start after the electrician did all he could he left another came and scanned and the following codes came up

P0136
P0353
P0354
P2102
P2121

Finally, he got it to start but no response from the throttle pedal which was why I parked it.

He said he's taken the ECU for test as well as the pedal sensor and they turned out okay. Been 4 days now. Abeg, I don tire... I need solutions please. Thank you 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (Reply)

24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria / Comments/complaints/suggestions / LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.