Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,832 members, 7,906,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. (3644 Views)

Hardworking Teen Loses Her $37,000 Life Savings To A Scam - Photos / 'She Hugged Me & I Lost My Sense’ - Grandpa Rapes 12-Year-Old Girl In Lagos / I Lost My Virginity To A Corpse At 24 - Ghanaian Former Mortuary Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by OriOko88(m): 12:52am On Sep 02, 2022
Somebody used ur card for spotybet deposit. Go to the bank and print ur account statement then check the detail of d transaction. Ask bank to trace the phone number the money into,cos spotybet is acct is registered with phone number. Start from there. Try getting the phone number the money enter into. When u get the number then u can set the contact up with a female,so you can't catch him. Cheap fraudsters like are easy to catch. Just use an enticing bait like women on them.. Dem go loose guard. Find out the phone number. Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Coca4pf(m): 3:09am On Sep 02, 2022
adecz:

In these harsh economic and financial
crunch, scammers and guymen also need
to chop nah...

If people like you no dey exist, scammers
for don extinct tey, tey❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️

View it philosophically as your own
small contribution to a certain segment
of the society.

I come in peace and wisdom.. ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
You know lie my brother. But this your comment will not make any sense to the victim in question at all cause no be person wey dey cry you wan talk all this jagajantis
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Coca4pf(m): 3:18am On Sep 02, 2022
BigYash:
The best thing is to have a special account you make transfer to,when u want to make use of street pos. And I also erased the C*V*V on the card.. Their father left yash
this is exactly how I go about with my transaction. All I do is every time I need cash or I want to make use of my debit card I always transfer from my other bank to my debit card � nothing more than the amount I want to spend at each particular time. I don’t leave savings or anything inside my account. The account where I put my savings doesn’t have mobile app & even debit card but I use ussd to withdraw if I get promoted to spend from my savings.

Life is easy that way na just for man to fit make good decisions to avoid unnecessary issues like this. Them no need to tell you, you don suppse know as Nigeria be, even bankers never fit see food chop you say make them help you track thief

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Harrykn: 5:06am On Sep 02, 2022
I hate seeing my fellow countryman being scammed via locals. Like every where Is tough man why inflict pain on a suffering soul?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by mooojy: 6:17am On Sep 02, 2022
Sucre6:
If you don't play bet then someone around you does and the person used your debit card details to deposit money in their account, and he fell very cheaply for a sportybet adder scammer who used your saved debit card details in his account to make all the withdrawals, in making deposit with debit card on sportybet, as far as your card is saved, they don'ttt ask for OTP before crediting the bet account.

So op, that's what happened.
@ Jawalis , this is exactly what happened if actually you don't play bet. Someone around you that have access to your card and phone is using your card, just search within your friends and relatives,you'll see the culprit

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by phemmyfour: 6:37am On Sep 02, 2022
jawalis:
I woke up this morning only to receive a debit Alert of 17,000 from wema bank, few minutes later, I received another alert of the same amount making 34,000 today. I got up and made my way to the bank, I was made to realize it’s a payment made with my card online and it’s most time a result of comprise from street POS vendors. Am left with nothing and if there’s a way I can get help on how to retrieve or track my money. I’ll be grateful because am left with zero balance for now.
Pls mod. OAM4J, Mynd44
Avoid POS if possible
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Daniel058(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2022
OriOko88:

This still fishy. How would d guy quickly memorize ur atm card so fast and the three numbers at d back. How did he get ur pin too?? What's happening In this country
I knw he saw when I entered my pin,I can't Tell wether he swapped my card as it was swallowed by the next ATM I went to. After like two weeks I heard about a woman that had the same experience , lost about 400k . But she was was given 500k by Obi cubana

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Oesophagus99(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2022
Goan collect your bank statement, write a petition and submit to EFCC via your state branch
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by TheRealOwner(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2022
usmolad:
This information you revealed is not complete and you're not honest about what you wrote. From the description in the alert message it clearly shows the transaction purpose which is Web buying on Sportybet. You're also a scammer that's why you fall for it. You want to do Sportybet Account balance adding, you revealed your Sportybet login details to those that promised you huge amount to withdraw on Sportybet after they might have helped you to add money to your Sportybet account. You now came to nairaland to cry and for people to become sympathetic to your plights abi. It's better you come clean instead of trying to spoil POS business for hardworking and hustling Nigerians.

Your eye is sharp and your head is correct
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2022
OriOko88:
Somebody used ur card for spotybet deposit. Go to the bank and print ur account statement then check the detail of d transaction. Ask bank to trace the phone number the money into,cos spotybet is acct is registered with phone number. Start from there. Try getting the phone number the money enter into. When u get the number then u can set the contact up with a female,so you can't catch him. Cheap fraudsters like are easy to catch. Just use an enticing bait like women on them.. Dem go loose guard. Find out the phone number. Let's start from there.
Thanks. I’ll do this.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Govocrete: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
To safely use ATM/Debit cards without issue, I recommend this.

Set up two (2) accounts.

Account 1. A current account without ATM or cheque on the account.

Account 2. A saving account with an ATM on the account.

Only credit saving accounts if you want to do a withdrawal through POS or ATM. Even if scammer takes possession of your ATM card, they will get nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Death Row Inmate's Chilling Last Words Before Injection Takes 12-minutes To Kill / Nigerian Government Should Shut Down Quest International (QI) Now. SCAM / Aborted Baby Was Found In Fuoye Hostel(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.