Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,888 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:47 PM

Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (1393 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu Over 'We Inherited Speaking In Tongues' Comment (Video / Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
"We Inherited Speaking In Tongues from the Bible" has 2 interpretations and both are blasphemous.

INTERPRETATION ONE... (Acts 2)

Using this interpretation, Tinubu is saying we "Inherited" God's gift from the Bible. Speaking in Tongues is a gift, not an inheritance. It's a gift granted by the HOLY SPIRIT to speak languages the speaker DID NOT PREVIOUSLY KNOW. It's not Inherited, but gifted by the Holy Spirit.

(WRONG) INTERPRETATION TWO.. (Tower of Babel Genesis 11:1 - 9 )

This interpretation is even more blasphemous. Tower of Babel is a symbol of disunity. The confusion and disunity God afflicted them was punishment for their act of rebellion and arrogance. In other words, the story of Babel explains how /why we had different languages leading to confusion and tribalism and eventually disunity. So saying we inherited it from the Bible would mean we inherited our current disunity from the Bible.

So those linking what Tinubu said to the Tower of Babel should have a rethink.

WHY INTERPRETATION TWO IS WRONG...

Speaking In Tongues means "Gift of Tongues". In English, there's a term called 'collocation'. Collocation, according to Wikipedia "refers to a natural (predictable) combination of words that are closely affiliated with each other."
Speaking in Tongues has no affiliation with the Tower of Babel disunity. This is why if you trace the origin of 'speaking in Tongues', you won't see the story of Babel.

So my advice is that Tinubu should learn how to speak coherently before he inadvertently blaspheme against Islam. We know what would happen next.

NOTE: "Speaking in Tongues here is used within the context of the Bible.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Abdu81: 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Tinubu and shettima are Satan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by madridguy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jagaban is right. Before you can argue with him, first visit Christ embassy church near you.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
madridguy:
Jagaban is right. Before you can argue with him, first visit Christ embassy church near you.

Trace the origin of 'speaking in Tongues' and show me Babel. Do you know what collocation mean?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by FakeIgboJew: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Osu thread

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
FakeIgboJew:
Osu thread

Attack the message, not the messenger

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by stocktaker: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:
"We Inherited Speaking In Tongues from the Bible" has 2 interpretations and both are blasphemous.

INTERPRETATION ONE... (Acts 2)

Using this interpretation, Tinubu is saying we "Inherited" God's gift from the Bible. Speaking in Tongues is a gift, not an inheritance. It's a gift granted by the HOLY SPIRIT to speak languages the speaker DID NOT PREVIOUSLY KNOW. It's not Inherited, but gifted by the Holy Spirit.

(WRONG) INTERPRETATION TWO.. (Tower of Babel Genesis 11:1 - 9 )

This interpretation is even more blasphemous. Tower of Babel is a symbol of disunity. The confusion and disunity God afflicted them was punishment for their act of rebellion and arrogance. In other words, the story of Babel explains how /why we had different languages leading to confusion and tribalism and eventually disunity. So saying we inherited it from the Bible would mean we inherited our current disunity from the Bible.

So those linking what Tinubu said to the Tower of Babel should have a rethink.

WHY INTERPRETATION TWO IS WRONG...

Speaking In Tongues means "Gift of Tongues". In English, there's a term called 'collocation'. Collocation, according to Wikipedia "refers to a natural (predictable) combination of words that are closely affiliated with each other."
Speaking in Tongues has no affiliation with the Tower of Babel disunity. This is why if you trace the origin of 'speaking in Tongues', you won't see the story of Babel.

So my advice is that Tinubu should learn how to speak coherently before he inadvertently blaspheme against Islam. We know what would happen next.
you are not a christian my brother you allowed politicks to get the better of you

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
stocktaker:
you are not a christian my brother you allowed politicks to get the better of you

Counter my point sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Lelelalalele: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
FakeIgboJew:
Osu thread

OP made some powerful points. Destroy them with superior argument and not cheap, predictable insults

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Lelelalalele: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

Counter my point sir

He can't. What do you expect of Tinubu's supporters? Dull as their boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by ajani2311: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
We were actually thought summary in secondary school to avoid this kind of embarrassment on public forums
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lelelalalele:

OP made some powerful points. Destroy them with superior argument and not cheap, predictable insults

Na their way o.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
ajani2311:
We were thought summary in secondary school to avoid this kind of embarrassment on public forums

You can't counter my points?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by gasparpisciotta: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

You can't counter my points?

You quoted Reno Omokri verbatim and it shows that you have nothing to offer upstairs

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Coolsperm: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
FakeIgboJew:
Osu thread
. All this Yoruba Muslims pigs self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Flora2Sweet: 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
His punishment is coming....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Softmirror: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
DO JEHOVAH WITNESS SPEAK IN TONGUES?
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by NothingDoMe: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
madridguy:
You are not even a Christian but you want to argue more than the Christians about Christian topics.

Are you more catholic than the pope? cheesy
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
NothingDoMe:
You are not even a Christian but you want to argue more than the Christians about Christian topics.

Are you more catholic than the pope? cheesy

He's a pagan grin
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by NothingDoMe: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

He's a pagan grin
Nope. He's a Muslim. Never hid it all his years in Nairaland.
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
NothingDoMe:
Nope. He's a Muslim. Never hid it all his years in Nairaland.

I doubt true Muslims would interfere in Christian matters. He might be a pagan masquerading as a Muslim.
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by NothingDoMe: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

I doubt true Muslims would interfere in Christian matters. He might be a pagan masquerading as a Muslim.
Nah. 100% Muslim. Also a die hard supporter of Bubu.
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
NothingDoMe:
Nah. 100% Muslim. Also a die hard supporter of Bubu.

Alright
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by PlayerMeji: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Is it from the QURAN that we inherited it??

Silly people, thats why they can never win this election.. see them leaving real matters to chase chaffs.

One of my Obi supporter friends called me this evening to say he is ashamed of all these Tinubu witchhunting, according to him, this Speaking in tongues saga is actually the dumbest Tinubu attack he has witnessed so far.

He was the one who told me 'We have left real matters to chase Chaffs...' He said 'Guy, wetin concern man pikin with wetin Tinubu talk...'

Truth is, he is here on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Judeerons32: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
everything is politics. even those who can't quote a scripture are forming bible interpreters
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

You quoted Reno Omokri verbatim and it shows that you have nothing to offer upstairs

I quoted Reno? Those are my words. Show me Reno post that I copied.
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by Trinitycian: 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Softmirror:
DO JEHOVAH WITNESS SPEAK IN TONGUES?

Lol
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by M4A1carbine: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
I pledge my LOYALITY to Tinubu....Its normal not to have sense.

That is the zombie Pledge
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by iSense247: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
madridguy:
You have kolo mental. Can Tinubu to try that nonsense with Terrorist religion?
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by techWriter3: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
politicians and shettima not Satan
Re: Tinubu Blasphemed For Saying We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible by iSense247: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

Counter my point sir
Tinubu's surpporters are like Tinubu. They always have no point but full of Insults. Examples of the hired urchins are etrouble PandoraObi heliues omenkaLives omenka AntiChrist Mannabbqgrill Moh247 etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report / IPOB Has Established Another Security Formation - Simon Ekpa / Anambra 1st Son: I Want To Die For My Country Biafra. Caption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.