Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,336 members, 7,917,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 04:27 PM

Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home (19615 Views)

Okada Ban: Who Is Experiencing This Thing In Lagos Of Late? / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Truck Had Brake Failure, Crashes Into A Building At Iyana-isolo (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Realguyman1(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2022
Difrent:

NO OKADA.....NA KEKE....and they are PDP states. Why make it an APC thing just because you dislike Tinubu
Oga I only quoted the Benin and warri aspect u made mention of and not wether it is APC or PDP thing. Is Tinubu the one who ban Okadas in Lagos state that I will start calling Tinubu over it? I only dislike Tinubu because of buhari and his demonic party and not because of Lagos state or because he is a Yoruba man. And I don't see Tinubu doing anything different from buhari because he will play along party's line

Okadas are still much working in Benin up till date. The only thing is that they are restricted inside the major towns and express roads.

By the way which one is PDP State? Wasn't Oshiomole the one who implemented the baning of okada in Benin City?
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by litaninja(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2022
"Personal motorcycle" still falls in the 200cc and below class, which are banned.

SocialJustice:
Nigerians and pride, they can afford personal motorcycle but look down on it. Trek and suffer. Poor people when get pride.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by RZArecta(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2022
byteem:

Oh so u even dey here sef.. no need to waste space for ya head.. keep trekking.. exercise
na your papa go trek. Oluku like you. Tell me what I said wrong in the government fixing the basics of allowing companies with easily traceable riders operate in the state which Gokada was doing. Tinubu's Lagos happened to them. Now you ban Okada and 20m people are trekking, oluku agbadorian like you is celebrating until crime increases across the state. Agbado masquerades can never be intelligent in this life or the next I swear grin
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by murmee: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2022
Praxis758:
Will this ban cause an anger vote against APC in Lagos?
NO, it won't. Majority of the people in Lagos support the ban. It is long overdue!
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by murmee: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2022
byteem:

Don't politicize this.. I don't like sanwo I think he is a stooge and a puppet but on this I am with him 100 percent ..lagosians demanded for it and we are not complaining.. it is stressful yes but we prefer this to aboki flooding everywhere and everything in the name of okada .. violent lots ....their wahala had become too much in Lagos.. we will rather treck than have them turn Lagos to sambisa.. Lagos will give an alternative..it will regulate .. the market is too big to ignore.. an app will be built like gokada as we.had before but this time more organized.. it's already being worked on
. For now let's clear everywhere ban all across Lagos .. let the ban continue
Gogaka or any sort of motorcycle for public transportation should not be encouraged. No civilised Country use motorcycle for public transportation!
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by SocialJustice: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2022
litaninja:
"Personal motorcycle" still falls in the 200cc and below class, which are banned.

Even if it wasn't under that categorisation, they still won't buy. Everybody wants to drive a car.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by vickydevoka(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2022
adioolayi:
Exercise is good...

Even in developed countries....you sometimes walk 20minutes to train, bus stations..

We have been a bit lazy...

Less crime, less hospitalisation from accident, less death from Accident, less noise pollution and so on..

We are adjusting
Do you have train m comfortable buses in your country
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by joeseflopez: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2022
Okau
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by adioolayi(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2022
vickydevoka:

Do you have train m comfortable buses in your country

Your question does not negate the fact people trek 15-20mins before getting to where they will see buses.

Trekking that minutes before getting a bus, rickety yellow buses or comfortable ones like BRT and the blue Lag mini buses, is good for the body.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Patriotsleague: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2022
careytommy37:
Is it every year dey ban okada in Lagos?
In Europe they walk a lot and use bicycle, it's good for your health, as long as the sun is mild, and in Lagos, we have cool weather in the mornings and evenings. Walking is good for your health, I believe there are mini shuttle buses. If we want peace and security, we must be ready to pay a price. If you look at those European city scenes on TV, you will see a lot of people walking to the train stations or just walking around for long distances.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Mrtaye: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2022
adioolayi:

Jumping bikes from 8pm is worse off!

Where do you even see bikes at 10pm if not criminal bikes

In my area here, bikes activity closes 7:30pm!

If you never reach...you trek!

So now that there is total ban...na to trek!
I don't bike cos I drive but if the narrative is that criminals use bike to operate then they should as well ban korope and buses used by one chance and other nefariously minded people

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2022
Jostoman:
The Fear of loosing Lagos to opposition party in 2023. Fear catch them when they hear how many hausa Fulani that register for PVC in Lagos, Only God know how many Okada them don crush now.

Even with this them go still loose.

Lagos or North....

The anger in Nigerians no be here.. and u think Core north will vote Agbado .... with this e don worst... if na wetin him think ooo...!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by lordixon(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
Nigerians and pride, they can afford personal motorcycle but look down on it. Trek and suffer. Poor people when get pride.

no be so. them go cease even private motorcycle. no be naija we dey
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by adioolayi(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2022
Mrtaye:

I don't bike cos I drive but if the narrative is that criminals use bike to operate then they should as well ban korope and buses used by one chance and other nefariously minded people

You have a valid point!!!

You will agree the bike criminals don show us shege in Lagos...spot light Apongbon, Eko bridge, Iyanaoworo, alapere, Ketu, Ojota, Agege...I have seen couple of scary moments where these criminals robbed motorists at night.

Sincerely, I feel for genuine Bike riders that are hustlers ...but then, the bad ones have really dealt with motorists and that's why the good ones cannot command any form of sympathy from some of us that have witnessed the bad ones perpetrating evils.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Mrtaye: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2022
adioolayi:

You have a valid point!!!

You will agree the bike criminals don show us shege in Lagos...spot light Apongbon, Eko bridge, Iyanaoworo, alapere, Ketu, Ojota, Agege...I have seen couple of scary moments where these criminals robbed motorists at night.

Sincerely, I feel for genuine Bike riders that are hustlers ...but then, the bad ones have really dealt with motorists and that's why the good ones cannot command any form of sympathy from some of us that have witnessed the bad ones perpetrating evils.
This is where the police and government should come in by mobilizing the police and RRS with thousands of bike to counter the nefarious and criminal okada riders and give them a hot pursuit
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Lexusgs430: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2022
Walking is good form of exercise......... grin

I remember when I refused to use ọkàda and walk, people say to me, stop acting like a poor man ......... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by okwusdaddy: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

end of story.

the Okadas are out of control

any small pim and they are in their numbers ready to beat a person to death. one would have thought all these bans would have made them all reflect on their behavior - but no - they are as crazy as ever
You have succeeded in banning them.What next for them.A country with no social security and very bad roads.I am not against the ban but there must be alternative both for the riders and the rider first. May be the government is looking for more agbero for 2023 election.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by GloriousGbola: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2022
okwusdaddy:

You have succeeded in banning them.What next for them.A country with no social security and very bad roads.I am not against the ban but there must be alternative both for the riders and the rider first. May be the government is looking for more agbero for 2023 election.

They succeeded in banning themselves

lets get social security for all the innocent nigerians killed by out of control okada riders first please
you think the other states, esp northern states dont know why they banned them?

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by MMWandali: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2022
Political own goal scored
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by SocialJustice: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2022
lordixon:

no be so. them go cease even private motorcycle. no be naija we dey
True but my point be say even if private okada no get issue, kparoma no go let Nigeria use okada.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Cromagnon: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Why do people don't like to walk in this part of the world? If people have their way, they would prefer Okada taking them to their bedrooms.
why must they do what you like?
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by okwusdaddy: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

They succeeded in banning themselves

lets get social security for all the innocent nigerians killed by out of control okada riders first please
you think the other states, esp northern states dont know why they banned them?
I am not against the ban,may be you did not read my reply or you do not understand what i wrote.Simple question what do you want them to do now or what is the government doing about unemployment. Is it when we have more agberos than ordinary citizens that you would begin to cry that Lagos is no longer safe.Ask yourself this question if a government cannot regulate the activities of ordinary Okada.Is it the activities of danfo or any other group of workers that it regulate. No wonder Lagos has been classified as one of the worst most liveable city in the world.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by GloriousGbola: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
okwusdaddy:

I am not against the ban,may be you did not read my reply or you do not understand what i wrote.Simple question what do you want them to do now or what is the government doing about unemployment. Is it when we have more agberos than ordinary citizens that you would begin to cry that Lagos is no longer safe.Ask yourself this question if a government cannot regulate the activities of ordinary Okada.Is it the activities of danfo or any other group of workers that it regulate. No wonder Lagos has been classified as one of the worst most liveable city in the world.

90% of okada riders in lagos are nomadic northerners
no roots in lagos whatsoever
which is the crux of the problem
so they go back home
ces fini.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by litaninja(m): 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Unfortunately, you cannot arrive at that conclusion, since the conditions required are not available.

SocialJustice:
Even if it wasn't under that categorisation, they still won't buy. Everybody wants to drive a car.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by SocialJustice: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
litaninja:
Unfortunately, you cannot arrive at that conclusion, since the conditions required are not available.

You only want to argue ignorantly. I won't give you that privilege.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by CaptainFM1: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Cromagnon:
why must they do what you like?

Not what I like. It's just the sheer laziness that my people cultivated over time. I schooled in the UK and the closest bus stop and train station to my hostel is like 2km away. I walk that atleast once to and fro everyday if I need to take the bus or train. And I'm not the only one that walk that distance. It's just a normal thing to do for everyone in the community.

You need to drop this archaic mentality of mounting behind a man just because you want to get to your bedroom. It's a very crude way of transporting people. Here an average person would alighted at bus stop and would find it difficult to walk the remaining distance to his/her house. It's just sheer laziness. In any case, if you can't walk from your bus stop, then take a taxi to your bedroom.

Lagos State govt has even done well by creating a last mile mini bus for the lazy ones. Something you don't get in many developed cities. If you drop at a train station or bus stop in NYC or London and there's no bus linking to your house, wouldn't you walk down to your house? Or betterstill, wouldn't you take a taxi to your final destination?

Our physical laziness is so acute that if my people have the pportunity, they will even want planes and helicopters to land in their house. Life can't be this smooth and easy! I don't want to talk about the health benefits of walking now. But I will say this...A particular company in Nigeria decided to shut the elevator in her head office for one week, and to be honest with you most of the staff had a marked improvement in their health.

Insecurity is also directly linked to quick mobility especially as research had found out in most of the states ravaged by kidnappers, UGM, bandits et al. So it's a very welcome development for the state government banning Okada riders in the state.
There's no single benefit whatsoever other than for people that are acutely lazy to walk to their final destination and wouldn't take a taxi.

There are some people I will forever be mad about in this country. They include:

1. The person to started Okada as means of public transportation.

2. The person to started bagging water and called it "Pure water"

3. The Inspector General of Police that started this tinted permit rubbish. "My take is, if a police officer stops a car, what then is the rational behind tinted permit when the police officer can ask the driver to wind down and search whatever he wants to see.

4. The person that married the North and Southern Nigeria together despite our differences.

I will add more as I think of them!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by okwusdaddy: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

90% of okada riders in lagos are nomadic northerners
no roots in lagos whatsoever
which is the crux of the problem
so they go back home
ces fini.
How can you prove that i have a lot of Yoruba and igbo friends who drive Okada that's why i am worried.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by GloriousGbola: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
okwusdaddy:

How can you prove that i have a lot of Yoruba and igbo friends who drive Okada that's why i am worried.

You think the volume of Yoruba and Ibo okada riders matches hausa? Do you actually ride okada?

I ride okadas every other day and I can count the number of times I have ridden an okada with a Yoruba or Ibo driver in the last 6 months on one hand

Please tell us the special part of Lagos you live that is populated with mainly Ibo and Yoruba okada riders.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by okwusdaddy: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You think the volume of Yoruba and Ibo okada riders matches hausa? Do you actually ride okada?

I ride okadas every other day and I can count the number of times I have ridden an okada with a Yoruba or Ibo driver in the

Please tell us the special part of Lagos you live that is populated with mainly Ibo and Yoruba okada riders.
Are you saying that only Igbos and Yorubas live in Lagos.Even at that what plans does the government have for the Igbos and Yorubas who according to you are the only tribes in Nigeria since banning Okada.The truth is simple the problem with Nigeria is a failure of leadership. Leadership has to do with how to govern everyone not a few rich people who have cars like the governor who sets example by having a twenty car convoy.
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Those Army of people are Igbo immigrant coming from work Ladipo they mostly stay in ejigbo bucknor and ijegun side.
The Ban was don to disenfranchise the Hausa voters in lagos
Re: Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home by Focusmind: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2022
KINGBEN1:
The ban was largely observed in Isolo Lagos.

How long can this last. Lagosians grumbled, no alternative available as there was gridlock and many were seen trekking home.

I trekked from Iyana Isolo, i.e. Laspoly to Jakande gate today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8HatusLWg

It's just that our cities are not well planned with pedestrian walk ways. There is nothing wrong with walking long distances. I did it in UK. We are simply too lazy and would look poor in the eyes of the people when we treck or walk. We would rather enter bike to move.

I like the decision of LASG. The sanity I saw on the road yesterday was encouraging. The whole okota road, isolo and okota environs were devoid of okada menace. Kids could now cross the road without the fear of stupid incoming okada that doesn't observe road rules.

We need sanity on our roads and streets. In coming years, keke may even be banned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck, 2 Other Vehicles Catch Fire In Osun, Many Feared Trapped / Tipper Truck Falls On Opebi-Oregun Bridge (Photos) / People Have Abandoned Travelling, Now Send Goods To Families - Kaduna NURTW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.