Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,074 members, 7,890,541 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi (2576 Views)

Keyamo: I Will Quit Tinubu’s Campaign If Asked Not To Pursue Atiku’s Case / Dele Momodu: I Endorsed Tinubu Two Years Ago, I Have Now Withdrawn My Support / Oyigbo Massacre: I Withdraw My Support For Wike - Asiegbu Nnaji, PDP Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by XerXers: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2022
ElSudani:
A major importer on goods you can easily manufacture in Nigeria thereby stifling local production. We don't want the same people who contributed to ruining our economy as president.
He is a trader not a manufacturer. If government support manufacturing he will exporting. Everything he is importing are genuine and contraband
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by XerXers: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2022
Kwamecron:
How did Atiku become a business man?

Tinubu was a top partner in Mobile petroleum, Accountant. And also a formal senator in Lagos.

Obi uses the state money to invest in a company he was a share holder,

Make I kw lie you, they are all the same…

Am sure if na ur papa they thier position, e go do pass them… don’t be a stupid idiot…
Not every body go support Obi,Atiku or BAT… so dey ur lane.
Obi inherited family wealth
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Great2017: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
MasterKernel:

He was earning just $2400, check FBI record.
He was never a partner. Read my comment again, you will see we are on the same page.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Buckeyemedia1: 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
Great2017:

Tinubu, a top partner with Mobil? Do you think you are lying to your children?
Very funny.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by jeromestarks: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chiboy419:
Atiku is a businessman will all know that...
Peter obi is a businessman will all know that...

The question is

How did tinubu became so wealthy without any business empire or track record someone should please explain this for me I'm over confused here

Give one reasonable reason and i will support Bat from today
He stole Nigerians money to become a governor and stole Lagos state government money to campaign for presidency. He's a criminal but we will still vote him.
Obi will course serious war if he is elected president. Nigerians are corrupt; we need corrupt leaders like Tinubu and co.
I will vote TINUBU!
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by drlateef: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chiboy419:
Atiku is a businessman will all know that...
Peter obi is a businessman will all know that...

The question is

How did tinubu became so wealthy without any business empire or track record someone should please explain this for me I'm over confused here

Give one reasonable reason and i will support Bat from today

Tinubu worked for multinational financial institutions and made millions in dollars. He invested over $1 million dollars in Apple in 1982. Ask Wole Soyinka who housed him, fed him in US, along with other Nadeco members in Abacha era. That was before he became the governor of Lagos state. He had so many businesses and shares in companies from his money that he made working for Delloite, Mobil etc.

2 Likes

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Ttalk: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
Abdu81:

Obi employed over 20,000 Nigerians .

Please how many did tinubu employ in duggery.

Another lie of the century. Obi employs over 20,000. Haba lair will not make heaven
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by SaiOba: 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
U Say? Wait , make you write am down because anything you say MUST be used against him.
AdamuKD:
grin
Let me tell una his business
Drug baron in Chicago
Assassin _ bola Ige and Williams
Criminal
Rapist
Agberoism
Lier
Thief

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Babaisha: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
ElSudani:
A major importer on goods you can easily manufacture in Nigeria thereby stifling local production. We don't want the same people who contributed to ruining our economy as president.

Even as developed as America and Europe is, they still import goods into the country.

So point to companies in Nigeria doing same products that Peter Obi import which he has killed.

World over, importation is not frown at, what is encouraged is local production of items we have comparative advantage.

You did not tell us that Peter Obi import refined petroleum to Nigeria or that he imports Onions or palm oil to Nigeria.

If he imports luxury wine and other luxury items , how does that stiffle local production of Steel, Petroleum, Textile, Rubber, Groundnut, etc which we have comparative advantage as a nation.

DO NOT REASON LIKE SOMEONE THAT HAVE NOT LEFT YOUR TOWN.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by ElSudani: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
Babaisha:

Even as developed as America and Europe is, they still import goods into the country.

So point to companies in Nigeria doing same products that Peter Obi import which he has killed.

World over, importation is not frown at, what is encouraged is local production of items we have comparative advantage.

You did not tell us that Peter Obi import refined petroleum to Nigeria or that he imports Onions or palm oil to Nigeria.

If he imports luxury wine and other luxury items , how does that stiffle local production of Steel, Petroleum, Textile, Rubber, Groundnut, etc which we have comparative advantage as a nation.

DO NOT REASON LIKE SOMEONE THAT HAVE NOT LEFT YOUR TOWN.

You want to compare the production capabilities of US and Europe with that of Nigeria? This is like putting Usain Bolt and a toddler on a racing track. For a developing economy like that of Nigeria, unbridled importation like the one done by your candidate is a destroyer of local manufacturing.
He is the wrong person to tell us he wants to make our economy a production based economy.

1 Like

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Sonyboom765: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2022
You hate the truth but the truth remains the truth.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201165-i-made-first-millions-tinubu.html

Bobloco:

Agbadorites Jagabandits and SWAGALians will invade this thread with the answer that Tinubu made his money from Mobil as a Top chief accountant
Bobloco:

Agbadorites Jagabandits and SWAGALians will invade this thread with the answer that Tinubu made his money from Mobil as a Top chief accountant
PraizHim:

OP I will help you out below. Its very simple
MasterKernel:

IRS in court documents filed by the FBI in 1992 that Tinubu's monthly salary was just $2400 while working in an Oil Firm.

How did he become a millionaire?
jamace:
Stop all the lies. Tinubu was a drug Lord and forfeited all monies to US government to avoid going to jail...Tinubu came back to Nigeria without shishi. Go and read Yinka Odumakin bombshell on Tinubu https://www.nairaland.com/5088125/bombshell-yinka-odumakin-tinubu-must

Tinubu made all his money from politics. Lagos treasury is in Tinubu's pocket. Tinubu is a fraudster.
Abdu81:

My beloved comrade in whom vawulance is found.

Tell me that which sweeter than vawulance.

1 Like

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Sonyboom765: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
And Tinubu did not receive family wealth even when the wealth of his family preceed Nigeria independence.
XerXers:

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Sonyboom765: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
How come you skipped the part he was using his hard earned money to fight foe democracy while Peter Obi with his billion could not contribute shishi.

We all know he was not a senator or governor back then n he single handedly finance NADECO Radio Kudirat etc

jeromestarks:

He stole Nigerians money to become a governor and stole Lagos state government money to campaign for presidency. He's a criminal but we will still vote him.
Obi will course serious war if he is elected president. Nigerians are corrupt; we need corrupt leaders like Tinubu and co.
I will vote TINUBU!
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by JoeNL22(m): 12:15am On Sep 04, 2022
ElSudani:

Innoson is asking to be made president, even though he is far more qualified than Obi to talk about making Nigeria a production economy. He demonstrated it, he practiced it. Can you say that about Obi?
What are you saying?....
The IVM motors you are talking about can't be bought by a middle class person in Nigeria. So wats the need of giving them(IVM MOTORS) licence?.
The problem is the people that we were meant to bring to Nigeria to make cheap cars for us like Toyota can't enter the country because of some people who benefit from importation of cars. The system is just messed up. The ceo of IVM Motors has no idea on how to move from from consumption to production....if not! he won't just build cars for 0.001% Nigerians. He would also build cars for other classes of people in the society. At least that's what we see from major car manufacturers like Toyota, Tesla, General motors etc.
Get your facts right.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by ElSudani: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2022
JoeNL22:

What are you saying?....
The IVM motors you are talking about can't be bought by a middle class person in Nigeria. So wats the need of giving them(IVM MOTORS) licence?.
The problem is the people that we were meant to bring to Nigeria to make cheap cars for us like Toyota can't enter the country because of some people who benefit from importation of cars. The system is just messed up. The ceo of IVM Motors has no idea on how to move from from consumption to production....if not! he won't just build cars for 0.001% Nigerians. He would also build cars for other classes of people in the society. At least that's what we see from major car manufacturers like Toyota, Tesla, General motors etc.
Get your facts right.

Still far better than Peter Obi, the container man
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by JoeNL22(m): 12:31am On Sep 04, 2022
ElSudani:

How?

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by ElSudani: 12:33am On Sep 04, 2022
JoeNL22:

How?

Why stop here, why don't you just photoshop Obi in Aso rock? You want him there, don you?
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by ezegold4we: 2:13am On Sep 04, 2022
Those fighting Peter Obi has shown Their imbecellic nature,

Only those with animal brain will be rooting for an ancestor of almost 90yrs who cannot walk without two people helping Him nor grant a live interview of only 10mins to become their president with a bokoharam sponsor as Vice president in This 21st century internet knowledge based economy, what a shame,

Tinubu's selfish and greedy ambition has simply shown that majority of Nigerians claiming to be educated are Just educated fool's on the platform of ethnicity,religion,selfish interest and monetary benefit.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Babaisha: 6:14am On Sep 04, 2022
ElSudani:

You want to compare the production capabilities of US and Europe with that of Nigeria? This is like putting Usain Bolt and a toddler on a racing track. For a developing economy like that of Nigeria, unbridled importation like the one done by your candidate is a destroyer of local manufacturing.
He is the wrong person to tell us he wants to make our economy a production based economy.

@Elsudani,

Since you do not want to take America and Europe, then look at Rwanda.
Check out what they import, every country will always import what they don't produce and export what they produce in the same measure, that is balance of trade.

If you have told me that Peter Obi is importing contra-band products , then you have a point (which is not the case here), so because he is importing products does not make his enterprise anti-national growth.

Have your preferred government enabled the local production of commodities we have comparative advantage on, are we refining our crude in Nigeria, is that too much to ask for, Nigeria imports Eggs and Palm oil, areas we should have great comparative advantage if Government is doing the right thing. Do you know that because of some Government policies against the Igbos, Aba which is an industrial hub that should support the nation in exporting finished commodities around the globe to earn foreign exchange is left stale and running for survival .
What about education, as a nation with large population like we have in Nigeria, if our educational system is good, many more Nigerians will be exported to different parts of the globe earning foreign currencies and remitting same as diaspora remittances, that is not happening.
I work abroad and interview prospective candidates , India presents more than 65% of applicants to my team and they are mostly sound and employable, can you say the same for Nigerians that schooled in Nigeria.

Importation of good does not make a country poor, it is the lack of equal export that balance the trade that makes a country poor. Peter Obi never imported good that are contra-band (commodities that the government believe has local substitute ), so what is the fuss.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Babaisha: 6:39am On Sep 04, 2022
It seems most of us do not understand what PO meant when he says " From Consumption to Production "

Most of our federating units are not producing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A nation that focuses on production does everything possible to make the nation production vehicle strong and robust and able to function which in return excites the production and competitiveness of the federating units in it. Today, most state are not producing any thing, not adding anything to the national purse, only sharing and taking away.

PO is saying that if elected, he will work with each state to find those areas they have comparative advantage and help push it to production, thereby giving jobs to more people, increasing taxable population as they are gainfully employed. If done right, it has cyclic ripple effect for wholesome growth.

Importation of goods where we do not have local substitute will always be there, even if we become 100% production economy, China still imports several items from around the world.

If we cut the cost of Governance , you will see that Nigeria has so much money to deliver many production enabling projects.

If they open our eyes to the amount of money being siphoned with the tag "Consultancy" in Nigerian government, you will shed tears.
Government agencies that pay salaries to professionals as their staffers, will delegate their responsibility to a consultant and by that , take out ranging from 10-30% of the project sum as consultancy without adding any additional value. All these are part of the consumption economy PO is against , if you are employed to be a seasoned professional, we expect you to deliver on value, that is lacking in today's arrangement.

PO has shown that it is possible to deliver and promote local industries during the time he held sway as a Governor, ask Innoson, ask Leo Stan of Zinox Group, ask HP in Nigeria, these are practical examples of where supporting local production helps.

LET NOT BE TAKEN OFF TRACK BY PROPAGANDIST THAT SOLD EXPIRED BUHARI TO NIGERIA
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by Babaisha: 6:43am On Sep 04, 2022
WHEN I READ WHAT TINUBU WROTE ABOUT BUHARI IN 2011 ELECTION WHEN TINUBU WAS BACKING GOODLUCK JONATHAN OF PDP AND HOW HE BROUGHT SAME MAN KNOWN TO HIM AND SOLD TO NIGERIA AS A NATION BUILDER, YOU WILL ALWAYS AGREE WITH ME THAT HE IS SELFISH AND WICKED.

APC RESCUING NIGERIA FROM APC GOVERNMENT OF WHICH TINUBU FINEST MEN ARE HOLDING ALL GREAT PORTFOLIOS AND DOING SO BAD

Yemi Osibanjo - Current VP Federal republic of Nigeria
Babatunde Fashola - Current Super Minister (Now Power Minister)
Babatunde Fowler - Former Chairman FIRS ( Was chased away on alleged fraud)
Lai Mohamed - Current Information Minister
Rauf Aregbesola - Current Interior Minister ( Jail break and passport scarcity is synonymous with his tenure )
Sunday Dare - Current Sports Minister
Ben Akabueze - DG Budgeting and Planning
and numerous others

LET FOR YOU TO GRADE THEIR PERFORMANCE, TINUBU IS ONLY INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PRESIDENT , NOT FOR NIGERIANS BUT HIS OWN SELFISH AMBITION AND FULFILLMENT OF A LIFELONG DREAM.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by morohunfola78008: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2022
Like your boss would say, go and verify.Like your boss would say, go and verify....
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by obaaderemi: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2022
XerXers:

Which family wealth? Someone whose father died in 1968 leaving a small store business which was wrecked by the civil war. These people are all crooks. Both Tinubu and Obi had some money before going into but they later made the bulk of their money from stealing public funds.

1 Like

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by LadyRosa(f): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2022
Lastmessenger2:
Chineke meee. So tinubu brought dangote to Lagos ? Wonders shall never end my brothers.

grin grin
E shock you abi!
You never realize say na you and jellyfish dey discuss
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by PraizHim: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2022
Sonyboom765:
You hate the truth but the truth remains the truth.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201165-i-made-first-millions-tinubu.html

So you expect him to tell you the truth how he made his money?

Mathematically impossible.

His colleague in Deloitte below

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by JoeNL22(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
ElSudani:

Why stop here, why don't you just photoshop Obi in Aso rock? You want him there, don you?
My God in His enduring Mercies will put him there.
No need of Photoshop!

Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by JoeNL22(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
ElSudani:

Error 419
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by marod(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
How I made my first millions – Tinubu
BySamuel Ogundipe April 2, 2016 Reading Time: 2 mins read
Former Lagos State Governor and a leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has narrated how a working trip he made while serving as an auditor for auditing giant, Deloitte and Touche, made him an “instant millionaire”.

Mr. Tinubu first served as a senator in the short-lived third republic and later as governor of Lagos State between 1999 and 2007. He has been accused of making a fortune from politics.

“At Deloitte and Touche, I chose to travel more than 80 per cent of my working years there. And that is because if a staff chose to travel, he would make more money because he would get travel allowances,” Mr. Tinubu said in a lengthy interview he granted TheNews Magazine on March 29 about his journey through life as he celebrated his 64th birthday.

Mr. Tinubu said he was sent on an assignment to help set up a an accounting and auditing system for a joint-venture between National Oil and Aramco in Saudi Arabia but by the time he returned to the United States, he discovered that his account had been credited in millions.

“We had gone there to set up their accounting and auditing system. It was while on that service that I got my financial break. When I returned to the United States, my employers gave me a huge bonus, which instantly turned me into a millionaire.

“The bonus was $850,000, before taxes. My salaries were also being paid into the bank and I was not touching them. At the time, my salary deposits in the bank had risen to about $1.8 million.”

Asked if he was not frightened by the development, Mr. Tinubu said, “No. This is because I had a strong grasp of financial matters. I was happy. I bought a house from the money and invested the rest in the U.S. I was living well. I was living in one of the most affluent neighbourhoods in the south of Chicago.”

Mr. Tinubu said he stayed back working for several years in the United States after completing his degree in Chicago. He worked in Deloitte and Touch before returning to Nigeria to serve as an accounting executive for Mobil.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by a4cube: 12:45am On Sep 05, 2022
ElSudani:

Did you have any idea what this is doing to small scale manufacturers in Nigeria? We know how people in small shops in Aba make all sorts of things, do you think they can compete with ship loads of cheaply made alternatives from China?
Do you really think Obi doesn't know what he is doing to these people?
It is not a crime per se, but we don't want such an individual as the president of Nigeria.
I see you prefer a drug addict and dealer.
Re: Answer Only This Question And I Will Quit My Support For Peter Obi by DOTian: 1:00am On Sep 05, 2022
ElSudani:

Your criminal brothers in government destroyed Nigeria. From the banks, Nigerian railways, Nigerian shipping line, Nigerian airways, NEPA, NITEL, NNPC, and all multinationals that were nationalized post civil war.. All were hyjacked by your inept uncles as spoils of war. They ran down ALL these companies and parastatals! Even private entities like Leventis and UAC eeree not spared. ALL OF THEM were looted to the bones to finance your gluttonous owambe lifestyles and other hedonistic penchants. So when you want to moan about the state of Nigeria, go and cry to your uncles who collaborated with the Fulani to ruin a promising nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Replace Doyin Okupe - Channels Tv / OBI WINS AGAIN THESE GUYS WAITED TILL DARK TO COUNT D BALLOTS N OBI EMERGED D WI / After Filling My Gas Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.