Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,347 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers (455 Views)

Opinion: Peter Obi Show Us Your Real Face By Osigwe Omo-ikirodah / Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2022
Pandora papers has been times without number one of the issues opposition raised against Peter Obi on his run for the 2023 Nigerian presidential bid. Many of these criticism has been crowded with emotions and one cannot discern efficiently on what is the 'truth' about the leaks.

Obi himself has said that he did no wrong. One might choose to believe him owning to the fact that accusation has been labelled against him in the past which turned out to be false. $43million found in his apartment in Osbourne Towers, Ikoyi Lagos state.
Obi’s apartment was raided following the discovery of the money in a neighbouring apartment (Flat 7B) in the building.Emphasis on neighboring apartment. Not Obi's apartment. As a matter of fact, every apartment on that building was raided but opposition chosed to single out Obi for headlines. The man came out innocent.

Back on the Pandora papers. What should be worthy of note is that Obi owned these companies even before he became a politician. NoTe that no government funds was found to have been diverted through him or third parties to support these companies. The problem here is that he didn't declare them when he was sworn in owing to the fact that the company was registered under his daughters name and not him.

The paper revealed that Obi's worth is in excess of $500 million.
Speaking on Arise TV last year, Obi explained how he made his money saying he ran a planned market management company, adding that he “was the sole importer of Heinz salad cream.

“I was the sole engineer of South African Breweries. I was also bringing in Ovaltine.
“The company I was with before, I left it for my brother who took over and paid me off. That company became the Next Cash and Carry which you see in Port Harcourt and Abuja.”
He further revealed that he used to import wine back in the days, adding that “everyone knew I was a very big trader.”
He said, “I had a very good business but went into banking.
“I was sitting in the board of three banks and was the chairman of one before I became a governor.”
Obi also revealed that he had major shares in the banks where he was a board member.

The big question now is: Is the fuss about the Pandora papers worth it?

Reference and excerpts : https://punchng.com/pandora-papers-how-i-made-money-peter-obi/

https://dailypost.ng/2017/05/01/seized-43-million-efcc-found-apartment-peter-ob/?amp=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by budaatum: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2022
The big question now is: Is the fuss about the Pandora papers worth it?

In all honesty, the answer is yes. But considering those he is running against who have certainly done a lot more and worse, I'd rather have him than them.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2022
budaatum:

In all honesty, the answer is yes. But considering those he is running against who have certainly done a lot more and worse, I'd rather have him than them.

Maybe a little over politicised. But bringing these issues in our national discuss is also important
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:23am On Sep 05, 2022
Obi is innocent

Tinubu is the real Pandora thief

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2022
You fools think we are all foolish like the average Igbo on NL. Peter Obi lived all his without thinking of opening Pandora account while he made all his millions not until his second term as governor did he open the Pandora account in his daughter's name n loaded it with over $500 million of Anambra state fund.

If you are Peter Obi supporter n you are not worried about what I stated above then you need help. Who doesn't know that politician win second term to loot in Nigeria ? You claim he is a saint but his act is worse than the ones you claim they are criminal. Even Kalu that was jailed never stole $500 million raw cash from Abia, not even Theodore Orji with his monthly security vote put together for 8 years.

Crime Igbo use in criminalizing politicians from other tribes it turn to Peter Obi turn you want to exonerate out of bigotry. If you are Nigeria n not Igbo but supporting Peter Obi please ponder the following -

A. Ganduje - was caught red-handed not looting state fund but collecting kickbacks, today igbos demonize. Now google Peter Obi collect kick n read the cork n foolish story why Igbo ain't demonizing Peter Obi over the same offense. Did Peter Obi collect kickback yes, did he return the kickback to govt coffers no. Did he account for them no he only told his usual foolish story.

B. Tinubu - A man with political official brought bullion van to his office igbos went mad across the globe. Peter Obi a sitting governor was caught red handed using his official governor convey to loot over N250 million cash on monthly basis what did Igbos do ? Cook up a fairy tale of saintified Peter Obi.

The story about his houses abroad, his son shameless lifestyle abroad are all there which igbos want you to discard out of tribal bigotry n vote Peter Obi. I can go on n on but judge Peter Obi with the prism Igbo judge other Nigeria politician n if your conscience still vote Peter Obi with this verifiable facts I disclosed by all means go on and vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by budaatum: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2022
SMGGroup:

Maybe a little over politicised. But bringing these issues in our national discuss is also important

It is very important, politicised or not. Bring the issues of the other two please, so we can at least discuss which is worse.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by umunaija: 8:25am On Sep 05, 2022
It's good that it was brought up, Since APC/PDP can't find anything to condemned him with, they started politicizing it but we all know that there's nothing wrong with keeping your money in dollars for your children. Most of the youths today store their money in Usdt or Busd (Crypto). Naira is dieing everyday. He kept the money before he became governor, then the rate was around 110 naira to a dollar, today it's 700 naira to a dollar. He is a wise man. Keep properties or dollars for your children instead of keeping naira, it may become valueless before they grow up, until we starts voting good leaders irrespective of tribe and religion, naira will continue dieing.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Obi is innocent

Tinubu is the real Pandora thief

Are you saying that Tinubu acquired the property through proxy. Can you explain what this news entail
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by ekineme: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2022
All those accusing Peter Obi of corruption have their mind twisted by poverty ( especially those 30k monthly ) online propaganda machineries. Others are enemies of Nigeria who knows the truth but because of political affiliation choose deceive the public by dishing out lies. While the religious bigot and tribalistic minds just hate the man either because of his tribe or his religion. The remaining ones just transfer their hate for the loud lifestyle of some of his tribesmen to him and other few if he emerged that his tribesmen will mock them.
Some of the people that voted buhari to punish Jonathan today are suffering, some kidnapped, others killed while some don't have a place to call home again.
Peter Obi is a better choice for a better Nigeria, let's not cut off the head to spite the eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
You fools think we are all foolish like the average Igbo on NL. Peter Obi lived all his without thinking of opening Pandora account while he made all his millions not until his second term as governor did he open the Pandora account in his daughter's name n loaded it with over $500 million of Anambra state fund.

If you are Peter Obi supporter n you are not worried about what I stated above then you need help.

Don't call anyone a fool. Obi is wrong for not declaring the assets. Man is not a saint, we all know that. But i think he is better than the rest
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by umunaija: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2022
SMGGroup:

Don't call anyone a fool. Obi is wrong for not declaring the assets. Man is not a saint, we all know that. But i think he is better than the rest

We all don't know that as you claim, until you bring what he did wrong, stop this your double face. There's nothing wrong in what he did, if you keep inheritance for your children in their name and tomorrow, you become a governor, will you declared that?. Your objectives are not genuine. Trying to paint APC PDP and Obi as thieves but Obi a lesser thief. Bro come off it, Obi can never take what is not his, he is a different breed.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2022
How is he beta with all the following crimes

1. Caught pants down with $250 million raw cash in his personal governor convoy. It is madness any Igbo is defending this while you crucify Ganduje for the chicken change he was caught n bullion in Tinubu house

2. $500 million in his Pandora account, it is God that want to punish your entire household if you tell me any tale about a Nigeria politician not looting because he was rich before becoming governor.

3. Brewery with state fund only to have majority share with his father as chairman.

4. Next mall with state fund or how come he is yet to build another since he did not have access to state coffers again. You Igbo still accuse Tinubu of owning TVC Oriental etc though he did not build any while he was governor. Here we have a criminal Peter Obi looting state fund to build himself asset n you fools claim is beta than the rest. You have to be mad. Why must Peter Obi be judge by another standard than the ones you IG os use in judging other politician. Does he have two heads because he is Igbo or what ?!

SMGGroup:

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2022
umunaija:

We all don't know that as you claim, until you bring what he did wrong, stop this your double face. There's nothing wrong in what he did, if you keep inheritance for your children in their name and tomorrow, you become a governor, will you declared that?. Your objectives are not genuine. Trying to paint APC PDP and Obi as thieves but Obi a lesser thief. Bro come off it, Obi can never take what is not his, he is a different breed.

Let's agree to disagree
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2022
You are a liar n a fool.

Peter Obi did not keep inheritance in his daughters name before becoming a governor.

Peter Obi looted over $500 million dollars into a Pandora account with his daughter Gabrielle name not in his first term as governor but second term. Not before or after he was governor stop this foolish lies to exonerate this diehard criminal.

umunaija:

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:

Caught pants down with $250 million raw cash in his personal governor convoy. It is madness any Igbo is defending this while you crucify Ganduje for the chicken change he was caught n bullion in Tinubu house

Can you be more factual instead of giving sensational newspaper headlines

https://www.nairaland.com/293959/governor-peter-obi-absolved-n250
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by umunaija: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:

1. Caught pants down with $250 million raw cash in his personal governor convoy. It is madness any Igbo is defending this while you crucify Ganduje for the chicken change he was caught n bullion in Tinubu house

2. $500 million in his Pandora account, it is God that want to punish your entire household if you tell me any tale about a Nigeria politician not looting because he was rich before becoming governor.

3. Brewery with state fund only to have majority share with his father as chairman.

4. Next mall with state fund or how come he is yet to build another since he did not have access to state coffers again. You Igbo still accuse Tinubu of owning TVC Oriental etc though he did not build any while he was governor. Here we have a criminal Peter Obi looting state fund to build himself asset n you fools claim is beta than the rest. You have to be mad. Why must Peter Obi be judge by another standard than the ones you IG os use in judging other politician. Does he have two heads because he is Igbo or what ?!

You must surely call Igbo, some of you guys cannot live a happy life without calling Igbo this Igbo that. Keep manufacturing different lies, use different accounts to argue with yourself just to make us know that peter Obi and the rest are the same. That's the new assignment, " make sure that you create impression that all politicians are the same" . Every intelligent mind knows that you are arguing with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2022
Have you gone mad as Ganduje not being absolved too or you are being brained dead like the average NL Igbo.

A man that was impeached over same offense that he had to bribe the house with dollars n also crossed over to PDP is who you claim as been absolved. Was that how Ibori was absolved till he was jailed by the UK.

You de ment with your Igbotic head.

SMGGroup:

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2022
You are sick in the head

Why can't I call igbos ? You think I am one of those that can not call Igbos out for the criminalities you perpetuate ? Don't Igbo call Fulani, Yoruba Ikwerre n others out whenever you desired ?

It is God in his infinity mercy that will punish you n your entire household / generation for questioning me concerning calling igbos out while igbos call other tribes out daily without you saying a word. You are mad.

Peter Obi is not the same with other politician, he is a bigger diehard criminal that want to be seen as a saint but we sensible Nigerians are not fooled n I know it hurt you because I backed all that I wrote here today with hard prove that you can not contend with so you have to start lamenting like the average NL foolish senseless Igbo. You de ment.

umunaija:

You must surely call Igbo, some of you guys cannot live a happy life without calling Igbo this Igbo that. Keep manufacturing different lies, use different accounts to argue with yourself just to make us know that peter Obi and the rest are the same. That's the new assignment, " make sure that you create impression that all politicians are the same" . Every intelligent mind knows that you are arguing with yourself.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2022
umunaija:

Bro, hope you are not making reference to me. Lol. Obi for president any day, any time
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Betanaija42moro: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2022
We know the truth, Obi did nothing wrong.

Bullion van politicians are the problem of Nigeria

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by umunaija: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
You are a liar n a fool.

Peter Obi did not keep inheritance in his daughters name before becoming a governor.

Peter Obi looted over $500 million dollars into a Pandora account with his daughter Gabrielle name not in his first term as governor but second term. Not before or after he was governor stop this foolish lies to exonerate this diehard criminal.

You must always insults people even old enough to be your father, that shows how you were brought up. I didn't insult and will never insult you. I was brought up properly. Besides what you replied wasn't for you, I quoted another person and you insulted me for it, unless you are the owner of the two accounts, you don't have to. Once you start with insults, everything else you will write after that will be considered meaningless. Learn to engage people and not insult.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
You are a liar n a fool.

Seun
Rule 2
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by omohayek: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
We know the truth, Obi did nothing wrong.

Bullion van politicians are the problem of Nigeria
A bullion van is definite evidence of corruption, but being caught transporting N250 million in cash to Lagos is not?

A bullion van is definite evidence of corruption, but it's totally acceptable to open an overseas account in a tax shelter in your daughter's name, then fail to declare you've done so, and finally excuse this breach of the law with utterly nonsensical excuses?

A bullion van is definite evidence of corruption, but putting public funds into a brewery and a public mall in which you have direct interest is perfectly fine?

Tell me, what section of Nigerian law is violated by receiving a bullion van in one's home? Please, cite the relevant legislation. Unlike the three acts of venality I've listed above, last I checked there's no law stating who and who cannot have bullion vans come to their residences.

I have to give you Zombidiots credit: you are utterly lacking in shame when it comes to hypocrisy. Even if Peter Obi were caught red-handed robbing a bank at gunpoint, I'm sure you'd come up with some crazy excuse or other to explain why it's still evidence of his saintly character!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2022
Don't mind anything!
He remain the next president.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
Have you gone mad as Ganduje not being absolved too or you are being brained dead like the average NL Igbo

A man that was impeached over same offense that he had to bribe the house with dollars n also crossed over to PDP is who you claim as been absolved. Was that how Ibori was absolved till he was jailed by the UK.

You de ment with your Igbotic head.

Really. Is this topic about Igbos or your just a tribalist. The mods should do the needful
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by umunaija: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
You are sick in the head

Why can't I call igbos ? You think I am one of those that can not call Igbos out for the criminalities you perpetuate ? Don't Igbo call Fulani, Yoruba Ikwerre n others out whenever you desired ?

It is God in his infinity mercy that will punish you n your entire household / generation for questioning me concerning calling igbos out while igbos call other tribes out daily without you saying a word. You are mad.

Peter Obi is not the same with other politician, he is a bigger diehard criminal that want to be seen as a saint but we sensible Nigerians are not fooled n I know it hurt you because I backed all that I wrote here today with hard prove that you can not contend with so you have to start lamenting like the average NL foolish senseless Igbo. You de ment.

Okay, you need pity. If all you do is insult people online because some equally damaged kids from East insults you or others. All I can say is, continue, you guys deserve yourselves. As for God punishing me and my household, believe me, he will not. He has blessed us beyond you can imagine and will keep blessing us. As for me feeling hurt because of politicians, funny. You don't know who you are talking with. I am not interested in politics, no matter who wins, I will still be blessed.
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 9:22am On Sep 05, 2022
I should go n do video of Peter Obi load the dollars on his head n carrying it into Pandora in his daughters name before you believe me right because other Nigeria politician you igbos malign denigrate n insult you accorded the same opportunity. You are not well.

Newspaper disclose a governor convoy was caught red-handed loaded with over N250 million naira in cash, the culprits did not take the paper to court nor deny it but in your deluded Igbo foolishness you tagged it sensational. No be another level of madness be that ?

SMGGroup:

Can you be more factual instead of giving sensational newspaper headlines

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by SMGGroup: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2022
Sonyboom:
I should go n do video of Peter Obi load the dollars on his head n carrying it into Pandora in his daughters name before you believe me right because other Nigeria politician you igbos malign denigrate n insult you accorded the same opportunity. You are not well.

Newspaper disclose a governor convoy was caught red-handed loaded with over N250 million naira in cash the culprits did not take the paper to court nor deny it but in your deluded Igbo foolishness you tagged it sensational. No be another level of madness be that ?

The bolded is not true. It was neither a convoy, and Obi wasn't with him. Read the details of the investigation carried out by the Anambra house of Assembly
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2022
He wasn't with sebi Tinubu was in the convoy of the bullion van you igbos accuse him. I even expected you will claim the convoy was not Peter Obi's that he went to lend Tinubu's own.

You clown come online to exhibit foolishness as gross as this. You would have claim it Peter Obi friend that were giving him the raw dollars if he was the one in the video like Ganduje.

What excuse will you clowns not cook to exonerate this diehard criminals. Why not claim his driver was not the one in the convoy or his convoy plate # was stolen.

SMGGroup:

The bolded is not true. It was neither a convoy, and Obi wasn't with him. Read the details of the investigation carried out by the Anambra house of Assembly
Re: Opinion: Peter Obi And The Pandora Papers by Sonyboom: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2022
Why are you telling me ?
Did I or my father own the newspaper that reported it was his convoy ?

SMGGroup:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Arrest Thief, Hand Him Over To Police In Katsina / Dino Milaye And Femi Fani Kayode Exchanging Fire � On FB / Peter Obi Emerges Only Major Southern Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.