Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,505 members, 7,926,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

From The Desk Of The Ebonyi State PDP Publicity Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Desk Of The Ebonyi State PDP Publicity Secretary (206 Views)

PDP Publicity Secretary Appologizes For Its Failure In Abia For 24 Years / Moment Tinubu Arrived At The Ebonyi Presidential Campaign Ground (pictures) / Next Level Lies: From The Desk Of Reno Omokri The Master Of Facts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From The Desk Of The Ebonyi State PDP Publicity Secretary by ManofgodJnr3(m): 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2022
I have heard some people say that I am supporting Chief Ifeanyi Odii to become Governor of Ebonyi State because of his money. That I am following him because of money. Well, if I shouldn't follow a rich man, is it a poor man that I should follow?

We need a stupendously rich young man to govern Ebonyi State. Having him will save us from incurring a lot of unfortunate things in governance. Gov. David Umahi borrowed N4.2 billion from Arthur Eze and Cletus Ibeto in 2014 to fund his election. The burden of refunding that money pushed us into not having anybody recruited into the civil service system of the state and treating civil servants bad. Paying back became difficult such that Arthur Eze issued a threat to Umahi.
Having touched billions as from being governor for the first time in his life, power started intoxicating him. He began to lie that he became a billionaire at 25 as an NYSC member.

I wouldn't like us to have a governor who has never touched money as a private person. Someone who has run a successful business chain understands economy and human resource development. When campaign begins we'll elaborate on this. I am with Chief Odii as candidate of our great party. We don't need to have candidates that'll go borrowing to fund their election, if they win, state will suffer it. We don't want those selling houses and mortgaging their hotels to be able to raise money to pursue mandate.

So, even if I am supporting Chief Ifeanyi Odii on the ground that he has a lot of money, what's wrong about it? If I shouldn't support a rich person, is it a poor person that I should support to control economy of a state? Should I leave a successful man for one whose only source of income is political office? Who wishes to be friend with the poor? Who wishes not to have the rich by him? But I am supporting Chief Ifeanyi Odii for the sterling plans he has for Ebonyi. If he succeeds, I will succeed with him and if he goes down, I will go with him. He's our candidate.

NCN.
Re: From The Desk Of The Ebonyi State PDP Publicity Secretary by OnyeAshuaUru: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
...Who wishes to be friend with the poor?...

Sounds like something only a reta.rd would say. Who's this reta.rd?

(1) (Reply)

God Has Empowered Me To Fight My Enemies, I Won’t Surrender- Wike / IPOB Will Declare Sit At Home On The Day Of Queen's Burial / Imo First Lady Showers Encomium On Imo Women At The Grand Finale Of Owerri Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.