Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,101 members, 7,919,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:23 AM

Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi (6425 Views)

Oshiomhole: Sagay Says Buhari’s Silence Fueling More Crisis In APC / Oshiomole: If Crisis Will Help Us Win Election, Then We Need More Crisis In APC / BREAKING: More Crisis Looms In Reps As Chinda Occupies Minority Leader’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by isahrabson: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2022

Former Kaduna State Governor, Ahmed Makarfi has described the growing call for the resignation of the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as an unwise decision that could bring more crisis that would affect the chances of the party in the forthcoming general elections. In an Interview with BBC Hausa Service, the former PDP chairman demanded that aggrieved members sheathe their sword till after elections.

Few days ago, some PDP leaders were in Kano State to welcome former Kano governor, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, who defected to the party. While that was going on, his old party, New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) said his exit had no impact on the party. Does it mean he has no political value?

If he has no political value or weight, why were they happy when he joined the NNPP. They shouldn’t condemn his exit from the NNPP. NNPP made several consultations, efforts and commitment before Shekarau agreed to join them. But for PDP, it took us one shot to woo him back to PDP. We visited him one day, struck the deal same day and welcomed him back to PDP. In summary, his return to PDP is good and booster for the party, not only for Kano but for the national election.

There are growing calls for the resignation of PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu because of the emergence of Atiku Abubakar as presidential candidate from the North. As a former leader of the party, do you think it is the right move for him to resign at this period?

First of all, it was never the North that requested for the post of PDP national chairman to be zoned to the region. Most of the people who pushed for northern chairman of the party are from the South. The calculation then was different. Later, it was decided that the contest for the presidential primary should be left open for people from all regions to contest. Then if the presidential candidate emerged from the North, if he wins the election, then the party will take time to make necessary corrections in its leadership including moving the party chairmanships seat to the South if need be. But these agreements are not in written form. It was part of the discussions before the primary elections. Now the calculation has changed because of the emergence of a northern presidential candidate. But whatever the case maybe, there’s no need for any changes in the party leadership until after the elections. Election campaign will kick-off very shortly, so there’s no time for any actions that would culminate in change of leadership for PDP. This will cause us more crisis which we are not expecting at this crucial moment. The best thing is for everyone to sheathe their sword and wait till after elections.

In 2019 elections, there was this belief that some unhappy party leaders sabotaged and worked against the party. With this “crisis” now, there’s fear that such might repeat itself.

You are talking about our crisis in PDP, do you know what is happening in the other parties? Politics is shielded with lots of things that many don’t know and understand. People are talking about our own because it’s in the open. Many other political parties are in serious crisis that could consume them if care is not taken. But with the help of God and party members, all these crises would be resolved and PDP return to power in 2023.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, in his recent outburst, called on you to quit commenting on him and focus on how to win your State, Kaduna, for PDP.

What he said was kind of advice for me and I have taken it in good fate. It’s not only me alone. Everybody is expected, this time, to focus on his or state to ensure the party wins elections. I accepted the advice in good fate and I can assure you that 90 per cent or more of my attention and focus is on Kaduna, while the remainder is in other things. I am a leader, not only in Kaduna but in the nation.

Some times ago, many people raised concerns that you are hobnobbing with APC members and that it might be you want to defect or work for APC in the forthcoming general elections.

I want to tell you something that many people don’t know. As I am today, nobody can buy me with money or whatever. I make friends with people irrespective of political affiliations, tribe or religion. Politics is a thing of choice and passion for me, and I do it for the benefits of the people. Since I left government in 2007, no governor from my state has given me or someone close contract worth a dime. No governor has given me a parcel of land or any other favour including political appointment. So, I am in politics for the benefits of the people and not for me or close associates alone.

Many observers have claimed that you are not openly campaigning for PDP governorship candidate in Kaduna State.

Campaign is yet to start. There’s a law regarding campaign and the time to start has not come. Besides, campaign is done in different ways. Many people may choose to do secret campaign than to do the open one for whatever reasons that are known to them.

What is your assessment of the governor, Nasir El-rufai’s seven years administration?

If you want to know or get the right information regarding the administration, then you have to meet the people of Kaduna state. They are in the right position to make assessment and pass judgement. But based on what I know, we ran an open and transparent government when I was there as governor. We listen to people’s complaint and took actions to solve their problems. We gave justice to people irrespective of religion, tribe or political affiliations. We discuss lots of things particularly projects at the State Executive Council to know the level of development. Howbeit, I have left government and I don’t put my mind or eyes in what’s happening there. I expect the people in the media will be doing that, holding government accountable for the people.

But as an indigene of the state, are you impressed with the administration?

If I am impressed with the administration, I won’t be pushing for their replacement.

Very soon, election campaign will start fully. What criteria should Nigerians use to make choice in this coming elections?

First of all, this election is between two political parties, PDP and APC. In the North, if you choose party other than PDP, then you have empowered APC. In the South, if you choose party other than PDP, you have reduced the chances of PDP and increased that of APC. So, in a developing country such as ours, opposition parties always come together to get power and not moving apart or operating based on their individual strength. Example is the APC. It was a coalition of different political parties that gave birth to APC. If they had gone into the 2015 elections in their individual strength, they wouldn’t have won the election. Our presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has promised to form a government of national unity, because the country is highly divided and need a strong a unifier.

But this your suggestion of coalition is obviously late because all political parties have chosen a candidate, awaiting commencement of campaigns.

You are very much right. But there’s what is called political alignment and it usually happens on election day or few days to election. If the understanding goes well, we could see that on election day, a candidate can ask his party supporters to queue behind and vote for a particular candidate. It has happened in the past and it will still happen in the future.

What are the chances of your party both at state and national levels?

You must know that elections and voting systems have changed. So, we are optimistic that there will be free and fair exercise. The new electoral act has brought confidence in the exercise. Electronic transmission of result has further brought sanity to the system. Before now, the election results are allegedly altered along the way to collation centres but that has changed with the new electoral Act that has introduced electronic transmission of results. It is better and we are hopeful that the results of 2023 general election will reflect the decisions of the people.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/road-to-2023-ayus-exitll-cause-more-crisis-for-pdp-makarfi/

1 Like

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Let's watch out
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Tolumis: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
Honestly I don't understand those behind proposed sack
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Allison012: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
PDP had an agreement with wike,so Ayu's sack is justified.

they keep to the agreement and appoint a southerner as PDP chairman.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Citrol: 2:37am On Sep 06, 2022
Let's see how far they can go
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by broadman20: 2:39am On Sep 06, 2022
You think we are in Jonathan's era who you deceived front and back, this one is stronger than you people.

Let's see how Atiku can win this election without the support of people in the south, let's just see.

Thank God an Igbo man and a Yoruba man are all in the race together.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Hotfreeze: 2:39am On Sep 06, 2022
All of them are coming out of their holes. Wike has smoked them out.
This is what the South East politicians in PDP are supposed to be doing but they lack discipline, foresight, competitive spirit and are cowards.

No Igbo man in the history of Nigerian politics has ever looked at a fulani man in the eyes and disagreed with him on matter of principles. None.
Just look at all of them, cowards.
If they are not collecting money from fulanis to betray their own brothers, they are running away from party primaries in order to avoid contesting against a fulani.
The South and the South East in particular should be eternally grateful to Wike.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by beerfraud(f): 2:40am On Sep 06, 2022
Ayu must go

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Hotfreeze: 2:42am On Sep 06, 2022
Tolumis:
Honestly I don't understand those behind proposed sack

Ayu needs to go so as to ensure balance. North and South.

I don't know what you can't understand about that.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:43am On Sep 06, 2022
Hotfreeze:
This is what the South East politicians in PDP are supposed to be doing but they lack discipline, foresight, competitive spirit and are cowards.

No Igbo man in the history of Nigerian politics has ever looked at a fulani man in the eyes and disagreed with him on matter of principles. None.
If they are not collecting money from fulanis to betray their own brothers, they are running away from party primaries in order to avoid contesting against a fulani.
The Peter Obi that turned down Atiku VP slot and moved to labour party where he's now gaining massive support and unconditional love is not Igbo abi ?

You Tinubu people must really think this is 2015 you were allowed to play politics of hate and tribalism to deceive the people

Tinubu is the real coward here for selling the Yoruba interest for his selfish political gains only to be betrayed by this same Fulani people at the very last minute he needed them most.
... Go to the north, they've all abandoned Tinubu to align with there son Atiku abubakar and Rabiu kwakwanso

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 06, 2022
Wike is right on this one...

Why is it that Party chairmen especially the PDP sign all sorts of agreement when being positioned, but time to honour those agreements and step down when it is rife, it becomes a problem..

- Ali modu sheriff
- Markarfi "didnt give much issues"
- Secondus
- Iyorcha ayu

Can one really expect anything from a party without Integrity?

2 Likes

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Bamifhubs: 2:44am On Sep 06, 2022
Crisis all over

Do you have logistics Challenges moving your Goods from a part of the country to another, or you have a contract to execute but you need dump trucks to Work on your site, don't worry, pls
call/WhatsApp +234 902 16-6 2913
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by tunwumi: 2:44am On Sep 06, 2022
Federal ministry of BAT warns that haters are likely to die hating!

1 Like

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by mrvitalis(m): 2:44am On Sep 06, 2022
PDP wants north to have chairman and presidential candidate and still expect south to vote for them ?

The chairman is from middle belt ,Benue for that matter ordinary that's south in my eyes but the chairman is a willing too of the north he represents their interest

Well what's my business than heaven's for Peter obi for giving us options

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Hotfreeze: 2:56am On Sep 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

The Peter Obi that turned down Atiku VP slot and moved to labour party where he's now gaining massive support and unconditional love is not Igbo abi ?

You Tinubu people must really think this is 2015 you were allowed to play politics of hate and tribalism to deceive the people

Tinubu is the real coward here for selling the Yoruba interest for his selfish political gains only to be betrayed by this same Fulani people at the very last minute he needed them most.
... Go to the north, they've all abandoned Tinubu to align with there son Atiku abubakar and Rabiu kwakwanso

You see the primaries Tinubu won, a thousand Peter Obis couldn't have won it. Who can Obi defeat out of the contenders? Is it Amaechi, Osinbajo or Fayemi?

As at when your stupid Igbo delegates in PDP were collecting money from Atiku to vote for him and abandoning Anyim and other Igbo candidates, APC had not yet even conducted their Primaries. It is the stupidity of your people that is drawing insult to the entire South today and Wike is trying to clean up your mess.

Come 2023, it is on record that Wike stood up to Atiku, it is on record that Tinubu stood up to his detractors and ingrates. Your Obi ran off from PDP the primaries like a scared dog.

6 Likes

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Hotfreeze: 2:58am On Sep 06, 2022
mrvitalis:
PDP wants north to have chairman and presidential candidate and still expect south to vote for them ?

The chairman is from middle belt ,Benue for that matter ordinary that's south in my eyes but the chairman is a willing too of the north he represents their interest

Well what's my business than heaven's for Peter obi for giving us options

Another traitor from Igboland. This one is saying Benue is South in his eyes. No wonder your leaders are the cheapest in this country. You are cheaper than Shoprite bread. Them take slavery swear for una?

You guys are the weakest link in the South and I shake my head seeing stupid igbos insulting Wike. That man is cleaning up your mess and demanding what your entire region could not demand.

Imagine an idiot from the East like Ugwuanyi being the Chairman of the zoning committee in PDP and using his own hand to sell igbos short, throwing primaries open. He can't even talk today as Wike is dealing with Atiku. He has been cowed.

Chai. Slaves in love with their chains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:14am On Sep 06, 2022
Hotfreeze:

You see the primaries Tinubu won, a thousand Peter Obis couldn't have won it. Who can Obi defeat out of the contenders? Is it Amaechi, Osinbajo or Fayemi?

As at when your stupid Igbo delegates in PDP were collecting money from Atiku to vote for him and abandoning Anyim and other Igbo candidates, APC had not yet even conducted their Primaries. It is the stupidity of your people that is drawing insult to the entire South today and Wike is trying to clean up your mess.

Come 2023, it is on record that Wike stood up to Atiku, it is on record that Tinubu stood up to his detractors and ingrates. Your Obi ran off from PDP the primaries like a scared dog.
Did Tinubu win the primaries on a clean sheet?

Money politics played out heavily in the APC primaries and Tinubu got the chest to buy everyone to his side with Lagos tax payers money but 2023 presidential election outcome will retire Tinubu's political career permanently...

How many votes did Osibanjo got at the APC primaries? grin
I respect Osibanjo so much so I won't go this lane cheesy grin

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Hotfreeze: 3:22am On Sep 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Did Tinubu win the primaries on a clean sheet?

Money politics played out heavily in the APC primaries and Tinubu got the chest to buy everyone to his side with Lagos tax payers money but 2023 presidential election outcome will retire Tinubu's political career permanently...

How many votes did Osibanjo got at the APC primaries? grin
I respect Osibanjo so much so I won't go this lane cheesy grin

Money politics played out where?
In the PDP primaries where your leaders collected money for 4 liters of kerosene and voted Atiku over Anyim and other Igbo candidates, it was kerosene politics they played.
Imagine Ugwuanyi was a South East Governor being the one to jettison zoning in PDP in order to please the North, imagine that level of stupidity. Do you think an Elrufai or Aketi will do that nonsense?

Igbos are the weak link in Southern politics, always playing the role of political houseboys. Igbos are the ones insulting Wike the most online, just notice it. Meanwhile, his region has produced a President, na only Igbos never produce. The person speaking up, they are stupidly insulting him.
If you continue on this path of stupidity, 50 years from now, the highest political activity igbos will engage in is carrying banners in Eagles square.
It is a shame honestly.

7 Likes

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Asgard73: 3:23am On Sep 06, 2022
Only Wike is doing the talking , the dancing , the noise .. only am

While others are consolidating and uniting .. this one think say Na by wetin they get for him and ikpeazu grin

No Northerner is really concern about Wike and his noise .. others are busy doing their homework

Atiku won’t be holding any meeting with Wike again going forward

He should go and divide Rivers vote while ikpeazu sell Abia votes to highest bidder

Wike and his fellow clown should keep making noise

Matthew has spoken ... he has learnt his lesson and has focus on his state .. like others .. make Wike continue.

He will wake to understand that WIKE IS NOT PRONOUNCED AMEACHI..

For even Ameachi fought his brother .. grin not north

E go clear Na just time

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by underpinna: 3:59am On Sep 06, 2022
Ayu should be bold enough to do the needful. Why go against the party constitution?
If he resigns today, there'll be no more rift in the party..
These men are greedy to the core. They wanted to suppress Wike but no, the man won't agree to it.
If because of the majority in the North they are going against others, let this country split so the North can rule themselves.
There true colors are coming out and reason I would want Tinubu to win.
If Atiku wins, after his 8 years, the northerners will show strength and take the presidency again.
It's now time for Nigeria to unite, if we truly love ourselves or go our separate ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Authoreety: 4:14am On Sep 06, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Betanaija42moro: 5:13am On Sep 06, 2022
That one na una concern, PDP and APC should even exit Nigeria.

A total of 24years with resources wasted by both parties, still Nigeria has no direction.
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by chrisxxx(m): 5:47am On Sep 06, 2022
Hotfreeze:

The South and the South East in particular should be eternally grateful to Wike.
You wrote all these without mentioning Uhedioha and Okowa. This is incomplete or are u afraid of them?

1 Like

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by chrisxxx(m): 5:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Ayu was made the Chairman by Wike-led group. Ayu at worst would have remained neutral as an umpire during the primaries. During the primaries Ayu suddenly realized that he is north and openly threw his weight behind Atiku.
You can't have your cake and eat. It is a fact in PDP that the presidency and Chairman positions are bipolar which Ayu acknowledged. Since the Presidency has gone to the north pole no much argument the chairman goes to south poles. If Ayu who doesn't have power of the presidency would hesitate leaving even in a pledge he made that if the north produced the presidency he would quit as the Chairman what would be the chances of him leaving when Atiku wins?
The second contention on the table is that Atiku must agree to a term. This is to balance the years of north and south in the presidency. Buhari can't have 8 straight years followed by Atiku. This is where every sound reasoning Nigerian especially from the south needs to support Wike and his team. This all smells of integrity, equity fairness and justice.

2 Likes

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by BeardedMeat(m): 6:00am On Sep 06, 2022
Hotfreeze:

As usual, you are blowing hot air. And you are a pathological hater and lair

Peter Obi broke away from PDP even when simple guys like you thought he was joking. Now you can see he means business and you are shittin in your pants.

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by BeardedMeat(m): 6:08am On Sep 06, 2022
chrisxxx:
Ayu was made the Chairman by Wike-led group. Ayu at worst would have remained neutral as an umpire during the primaries. During the primaries Ayu suddenly realized that he is north and openly threw his weight behind Atiku.
You can't have your cake and eat. It is a fact in PDP that the presidency and Chairman positions are bipolar which Ayu acknowledged. Since the Presidency has gone to the north pole no much argument the chairman goes to south poles. If Ayu who doesn't have power of the presidency would hesitate leaving even in a pledge he made that if the north produced the presidency he would quit as the Chairman what would be the chances of him leaving when Atiku wins?
The second contention on the table is that Atiku must agree to a term. This is to balance the years of north and south in the presidency. Buhari can't have 8 straight years followed by Atiku. This is where every sound reasoning Nigerian especially from the south needs to support Wike and his team. This all smells of integrity, equity fairness and justice.
Wike is too crappy and thugish. If he was the only southerner competent for the job, then let fulani take it. Why did he even go into a contest when he knew he wouldn't accept the outcome. Atiku did well not choosing him as running mate. God forbid an uncouth guy like Wike to be anybody's running mate. It's like making ffk your running mate.

The best thing is for him to support Peter Obi or be prepared for a long journey of political oblivion.
Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by EagleNest(m): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2022
Wike et'al are really choking PDP, and might ruin Atiku's chance. Nevertheless Obi is the centre of attraction and attention of all parties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by chrisxxx(m): 6:29am On Sep 06, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Wike is too crappy and thugish. If he was the only southerner competent for the job, then let fulani take it. Why did he even go into a contest when he knew he wouldn't accept the outcome. Atiku did well not choosing him as running mate. God forbid an uncouth guy like Wike to be anybody's running mate. It's like making ffk your running mate.

The best thing is for him to support Peter Obi or be prepared for a long journey of political oblivion.
An IPOB reasons but through his anus. Wike has not said that the VP is his problem. Nnamdi Kanu your lord and personal saviour is more thugish than Wike.

1 Like

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by BeardedMeat(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2022
chrisxxx:

An IPOB reasons but through his anus. Wike has not said that the VP is his problem. Nnamdi Kanu your lord and personal saviour is more thugish than Wike.
Your problem not mine.

Re: Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi by Demurray: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2022
Hotfreeze:

Alaye, that one na nail to the coffin. Yes you have said it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso's Game Plan. / I Will Be Hanging This Picture In My Office Come May 29 2023 / Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.