Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,757 members, 7,886,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why Is London Burning? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is London Burning? (11668 Views)

Anti-Zionist Jews Burning The Israeli Flag [PHOTO] / Olympics Girl Is London 'riot Mascot"! Unthinkable! / Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is London Burning? by osymerga(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2011
May b d youths wants 2 experience what nigeria is like under the boko haram onslaughter
Re: Why Is London Burning? by AlabaSlim: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
ola_pluto:

BTW I think the Libyan Government should recognise the looters as the legitimate government in UK
pluto u take styl dey koret o
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Ibime(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2011
Police should enact SHOOT ON SIGHT policy, make we see whether streets no go clear tonight.

These youngsters are bloody lazy. Ken Livingstone was claiming that yoofs are mad cos EMA (£30 per week schooling subsidy) is being cut. Which kain nonsense be that? Tony Blair only introduced EMA to deflate unemployment numbers. When I was doing ma A-Levels, I paid me rent and all bills meself working double shifts both days of the weekend and studying Monday to Friday.

Whatever you do to help these youngsters they won't change cos they feel society owes em and will always feel so. These youths are not only unemployed but unemployable. The best way to cut crime for the next generation is to lock up all these rioters for the next 20 years.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
ola_pluto:

Let the conservative be deceiving themselves and arresting all youths. True its looting, true its criminal, but also true is that there is ANGER in the middle class. When this one stops, another will be around very soon.
NottingHill carnival year yi ma yato. They better import police from Nigeria becos the ones here cant cope on that day!
BTW I think the Libyan Government should recognise the looters as the legitimate government in UK

Vintage ola_pluto
Re: Why Is London Burning? by coogar: 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
Ibime:

Police should enact SHOOT ON SIGHT policy, make we see whether streets no go clear tonight.

These youngsters are bloody lazy. Ken Livingstone was claiming that yoofs are mad cos EMA (£30 per week schooling subsidy) is being cut. Which kain nonsense be that? Tony Blair only introduced EMA to deflate unemployment numbers. When I was doing ma A-Levels, I paid me rent and all bills meself working double shifts both days of the weekend and studying Monday to Friday.

Whatever you do to help these youngsters they won't change cos they feel society owes em and will always feel so. These youths are not only unemployed but unemployable. The best way to cut crime for the next generation is to lock up all these rioters for the next 20 years.

those jobs you did then are not even available for graduates these days so slow your roll.
ema was caught and inflation rate rose thus leaving a gap big enough to fit titanic. . . . . .people are poorer now than they were only 3 years ago.
their anger is justified, the looting is irresponsible. they should have just marched to the big ben and camp there till cameron listens to them.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by jawjaw1: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
Me feels this is Cameroun's Cameron's problem.
Abeg mak una leave am make e solve am himself jare.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by stillme(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2011
It is a big shame on Nija youths,we cant demand for what belong to us. All we can do is to watch with our mouth wide open,and thinking God will come down to fight for us.
No power
no good road,
no health care,
no food,
no infrastructure,
and we cant protest. What a shame!
Nija youths are coward.
What are u living for when u dnt enjoy ur life to the fullest. We can end this stupid life of ours and this bad govt for the future of our beloved country and those dat come behind us will have cause to pray for us.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by dabrake(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
Op, so dat dey wil postpone 9ja vs ghana friendly match.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by babaowo: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
london is burning cos they are amongs those countries who set other nations ablaze.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by kolajoo(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
FG plans to evacuate Nigerian citizens from London cos of the present riot in UK.!!! Citizens reply: "Mr President, thank U for ur concern -, we prefer d riot!"GBAM!, ROTFL
Re: Why Is London Burning? by lastpage: 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2011
@Proud-Igbo
Simple really. The answer is the break down of the family unit; kids having kids and parents not caring to bring up their kids with those age-old values that'll see them through life as positive members of society.

You know if i had gone out as a kid till late in the morning when all this rioting/looting was going on, i'd not live to see another day when i finally got home.

Imagine kids as young as 7 to 15 staying out late. It begs the question- do they have parents/guardians at all Shocked?

@pelezico
From single parenting, abortion, relativism, government interference in parental responsibilities, fathers abdicating the highly important role they have in raising children, from anti-family groups trying to rewrite what family is, from the lobbying of man-loving-men and lady-loving-ladies trying to rewrite legislatively what family is, Indecency addiction, church folks not willing to be light and salt, music, tv etc etc has all helped to create this problem. 

This problem has been cooking for years so please lets not confuse this with REAL problems in countries where there is REAL government TYRANNY.  This kids simply need some love with a good whooping the kind Nigerian fathers use to administer back when.

The above is why not just only London that would burn, but eventually most of western Europe! This is the short an long summary.

Its called "COMPLETE FAMILY BREAKDOWN"!

Some people think "Child Support (money!,money!!, money!!!) <=> Fatherhood"! WRONG, dead wrong!

The "greed" of years gone-by, has come home to roost!

On a lighter note, can the Police play the Music of "Asa" (Fire on the Mountain) for these youths and let them have a ball at the square, with some booze of course! grin wink
Drunk people are known to fall asleep quicker!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by 677ano(m): 12:36am On Aug 10, 2011
[b]the post below will answer your question[/b]Burnt-out cars on the street after Tottenham riots. Photograph: Rex Features

Tottenham's young people are rioting as they see no future

Seeing Tottenham after the riots was shocking but not surprising, says Lara Oyedele. With cuts now biting, young people have no where left to go -Oyedele

I have never seen a burnt-out car before, in real life, in front of my eyes. I was walking through Tottenham on Monday morning surveying the area, when I turned the corner and saw the charred wreckage.

It was a shocking sight. Not again, I thought. We were just getting over Broadwater Farm, people were beginning to forget, move on. But now our reputation as the rioting centre of London has been secured.

I have lived in Tottenham since 1998 and have plenty of friends and business contacts in the neighbourhood. The saddest thing is that a lot of the services destroyed were provided by locals doing their bit for the people in the area. I felt ashamed and embarrassed – but not surprised.

The shooting of Mark Duggan was an excuse, an opportunity, the lighting of the match: the bonfire was ready and waiting. It was going to happen. I've been saying so since the new government announced the cuts and the job losses began to bite.

Our society is breeding a whole generation of young people who do not expect to achieve anything productive in their lives. Graduate students are applying for jobs that, previously, would have gone to somebody with A-levels. Those with A-levels are applying for the jobs for people with no qualifications. So jobseekers with no qualifications are stuck.

Lara Oyedele, chief executive of Odu-Dua Housing Association
At the housing association I lead, we provided places for the Future Jobs Fund (FJF), a training scheme run by the Department for Work and Pensions for young people between the ages of 18 and 24. Consequently, during the interview process, I spoke to a lot of young people from the community.

There's a generation out there, hopeless, devoid of aspiration, unconvinced they will achieve anything. The 100 or so young people I have seen through the FJF are just the tip of the iceberg.

Graduates are wondering why they bothered with university; the ones about to finish school and are thinking of going – particularly those with parents who have been made redundant, themselves with degrees and professional training – can't see the point of investing over £30k on further education.

The last vacancy we had paid £18k and we had nearly 200 applicants. Over two-thirds were people with first-class degrees. The shortlist was occupied by five very well-qualified, intelligent graduates. That job did not need a graduate. But I gave it to a graduate because, when faced with a choice between a graduate and non-graduate, I made a decision that is best for my organisation.

Friends of mine have children in their late teens, approaching early adulthood. All are educated and are still living at home with mum and dad. They don't want to be living at home, but they can't get a decent job earning a wage that would enable them to pay rent in London.

Even around them, there's nothing to do. Haringey council, Tottenham's local authority, is shutting down almost all of the area's youth centres. I was driving through Wood Green last night and I saw about 20 young people, in hoods, dressed in black, sitting on a wall near a dental surgery, chilling and hanging out. That's what kids do.

No parent wants a large group of teenagers in their living room and no kid wants to stay indoors with their parents. They want to be out, doing stuff. That's what youth centres are for. But if the local authority is cutting provision, where are they going to go?

The looting doesn't surprise me: it's entertainment, something to keep young people busy. It's not right, but those are the facts. Simply, if they had to go to work this morning they wouldn't have been rioting last night. They're disaffected, unhappy and upset, and they are looking at the likes of me, saying: you need to give me something, I need a job, I need you to help me.

Local communities can only do so much. We can't solve this problem alone. But as long as the situation stays the same, we're going to have more riots on the streets because there are too many angry young people thinking they have no future.

• Lara Oyedele chairs the BMENational group of chief executives and managing directors of black and minority ethnic housing associations and is chief executive of Odu-Dua housing association, north London
Re: Why Is London Burning? by YoursGEJ(m): 1:05am On Aug 10, 2011
Fellow Britons, we want to congratulate the england chapter of our party for securing this victory. Our manifesto remains looting, stealing and burning everything else left behind. Fee-Dee-fee!!!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Hertsnite: 1:28am On Aug 10, 2011
It's a load of African and Afro-Caribbean youths that have gone feral in London. They are mindless violent thugs, they have no purpose and no aim, they are ransacking the inner cities of London, birmingham, bristol and manchester. they have no legitimate grievance. at first they were protesting about some guy that was shot by the police, but now the riots are just copy cat riots ransacking looting destroying and burning mindless vandalism.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Hertsnite: 1:31am On Aug 10, 2011
coogar:

there are about 2 million nigerians in london. some of them would be related to you directly or indirectly. . . .should one of them die a sudden death, you will scream like a rhesus monkey with grief in your voice. that a country is developed does not mean there cannot be a bedlam there.

allot of the youths would be Nigerians, Jamaicans, Ghanains, Somalians
Re: Why Is London Burning? by paris10: 2:19am On Aug 10, 2011
This is what I said in my other post regarding London burning:

Its been over a thousand years nearly since the signing of the Magna Carta and over 50 years the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which provides us with the UN Charter. Without doubt, or any excuse - Democracy is absolutely a right. Those who think otherwise simply do not know what the alternative would bring - or would prefer the alternative which is totalitarianism and dictatorship. Democracy is not negotiable and anyone who thinks otherwise smacks of the extreme right wing - as does so many of the comments I have seen on here about Black areas.

And do not be fooled about the media sensationalism of this so called riot nor neither be sentimental about the excuses these miscreant are giving, but one thing is obvious, corporate crime remains unattended to by the police and govt agencies alike.

David Cameron was so quick to point out actions to be taken against the looters, while they themselves have looted the treasury and deprive the deprived. Credit crunch was a perfect example of a corporate crime instigated by the govt and top executives to dupe you and I.

Although I stand for non-violence, but when all channels to address these youth problems and social deprivation and marginalization have failed, confrontation by violence seems the alternate solution. BCS 2010 concluded that black folks are seven times more likely to be stopped and searched, 8 times more likely to resort to crime due to deprivation of social status.

Is the riot then justified? I don't know, I believe violence only begat violence, and more hatred and social and racial divide will lift up its head once again.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by ajoguegbe(m): 2:45am On Aug 10, 2011
Well Simple!!!
London is burning like Egypt, Syria, Libya and other Arab nation because this is 20[b]11[/b]. This is the 11th year of the new millenium and number 11 in Bible signifies DISORDER, DESTRUCTION and JUDGMENT. The builders of the Tower of Babel were JUDGED in Genesis 11 and DISORDER set in giving the place its name Babel(Confusion). You can also understand why the name Abaddon, the god of destruction, judgment and disorder is revealed in Revelation 9:11, exposing the spirit behind the 9/11 attack on the United States.

To read more about what this number stand for and how it has set a stage for what will happen this year, visit http://judewatchman..com/2011/02/its-ad-2011-beware-of-no.html
Re: Why Is London Burning? by YoruIgbo(m): 2:59am On Aug 10, 2011
London is Burning because in the UK police can not kill 23 people like Nigerian police killed in Borno without getting in trouble!!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5735650-146/police_killed_23_after_bomb_attack.csp

Assuming that they can kill and nothing go happen dem for don kill small and matter for don end
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Pafuri(m): 3:14am On Aug 10, 2011
Send them all home, fathers, mothers, uncles aunties, and all other parasites. Let them insist on their rights in Africa and the Carribean. BTW, I am African. Just in case anyone gets it twisted.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Jenifa1: 4:06am On Aug 10, 2011
Pafuri:

Send them all home, fathers, mothers, uncles aunties, and all other parasites. Let them insist on their rights in Africa and the Carribean. BTW, I am African. Just in case anyone gets it twisted.

They are British youth. Britain is their home.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by YoruIgbo(m): 4:09am On Aug 10, 2011
Pafuri:

You are joking!!! Where is home? you call 'that place'(Africa) home? if that is home then tell all your politician criminal to take a look at other people's home and try and make their own home a bit better and sorry the rioters are not only Black people!!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 10, 2011
pelezico:

This has nothing to do with a Mr Duggan being was  shot (afteral you live by the sword you die by the sword) - i know his friends - if you know anything about the youth here in the UK  you will know that they are not rioting because of some ideal but because it allows them to do what they have wanted to do.  They are purposely targeting shops like JD sports, Carphone Warehouse, Footlocker, Debenhams

I live in London and youth here take the absolute liberties.  The crime system here is a complete joke and government has created a nanny state where offenders get off lightly and the victim is victimized thru the garbage called Human Rights.  

The youth are a product of englands morale decline and bear the fruits of what has been sown for the last 3 decades.  Black families are crumbling and the only place were you find families doing well in London and those who attend church regularly who understand the necessity of raising their children with a Christian world view.

Incidently i will add that the Indians (not so much as Pakistanis)are also relatively doing well because their families are eager to have them embrace the language and customs.  Though even among that race people things are changing.

From single parenting, abortion, relativism, government interference in parental responsibilities, fathers abdicating the highly important role they have in raising children, from anti-family groups trying to rewrite what family is, from the lobbying of man-loving-men and lady-loving-ladies trying to rewrite legislatively what family is, Indecency addiction, church folks not willing to be light and salt, music, tv etc etc has all helped to create this problem.  

This problem has been cooking for years so please lets not confuse this with REAL problems in countries where there is REAL government TYRANNY.  This kids simply need some love with a good whooping the kind Nigerian fathers use to administer back when.

And now you got folks here talking about reprisals against the youth buying weapons to use against them

Oh well welcome to England

Simple. Thank you. Every other thing is secondary
Re: Why Is London Burning? by chuzt: 5:16am On Aug 10, 2011
remember we are in the last days a lot of things are happening this days so before now it's already been writing

i'm your friend from china
here is my website for portable DVD laptop

www.chuztech.com
Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 5:21am On Aug 10, 2011
Pafuri:

Where should we send them?  grin grin grin grin grin you igno.rant muva.fu.ker

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 5:24am On Aug 10, 2011
Hertsnite:

It's a load of African and Afro-Caribbean youths that have gone feral in London. They are mindless violent thugs, they have no purpose and no aim, they are ransacking the inner cities of London, birmingham, bristol and  manchester. they have no legitimate grievance. at first they were protesting about some guy that was shot by the police, but now the riots are just copy cat riots ransacking looting destroying and burning mindless vandalism. 

Another pathetic m.o.tha.f&ck these are all African and Afro-Caribbean youths are they? f.o, ol!

Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 5:29am On Aug 10, 2011
Hertsnite:

allot of the youths would be Nigerians, Jamaicans, Ghanains, Somalians

Silly prat! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Is London Burning? by bashydemy(m): 5:38am On Aug 10, 2011
London is burning because Cameron impregnate the Queen
Re: Why Is London Burning? by lalaboi(m): 6:20am On Aug 10, 2011
Why?

Failed generation of parents which happen to be in power at the moment.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Prince081: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2011
Its simple. The Government has lost its legitmacy.
We need to set up a transitional government to lead the country into a true democracy. embarassed
Re: Why Is London Burning? by laj1(m): 7:46am On Aug 10, 2011
london is burning because Queen elizabeth is a lesbian,
Re: Why Is London Burning? by crusufixo(m): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2011
london bridge is falling down !!!! falling down falling down !!!!, london bridge is falling down !!!!!, its their own turn !!!!!!!. At least their silly media would mind their own business now, instead of snooping their nose into oda peoples business. My condolence to the british government though !!!!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by bolla1129(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2011
football issue,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule / My Drone View Of Accra-ghana (beautiful Luxurious) / Ghana Bans Public Officials From Travelling First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.