Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube (542 Views)

Over 70,000 Israeli Soldiers Disabled / Mossad Agents Disguised As Women, Doctors, Disabled, Nurses To Kill Terrorists / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
After learning about the queen's passing online, I went to check the BBC on YouTube for more updates only to discover that they have disabled their comment section. I guess that they don't want to deal with many negative comments from several people as can be seen on twitter already.

Also, the video broadcasting the queen's death has garnered up to fifty seven thousand likes! Maybe many people don't love the queen and many won't miss her at all, although she can be described as a symbol of an era finally gone.

Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by Faithful007: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2022
nahr:
After learning about the queen's passing online, I went to check the BBC on YouTube for more updates only to discover that they have disabled their comment section. I guess that they don't want to deal with many negative comments from several people as can be seen on twitter already.

Also, the video broadcasting the queen's death has garnered up to fifty seven thousand likes! Maybe many people didn't love the queen and many won't miss her at all, although she can be described as a symbol of an era finally gone.
It's likely it has been disabled before now. Many news channels disable their comments section.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 12:26am On Sep 09, 2022
Faithful007:
It's likely it has been disabled before now. Many news channels disable their comments section.

Nope it happened after the announcement of the queen's passing. The comment section was still up and running after Liz Truss's announcement as prime minister which was just two days ago. Besides BBC's comment section is most of the time always open. I guess they disabled it to honour the queen and protect her image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by seunny4lif(m): 12:41am On Sep 09, 2022
nahr:

Nope it happened after the announcement of the queen's passing. The comment section was still up and running after Liz Truss's announcement as prime minister which was just two days ago. Besides BBC's comment section is most of the time always open. I guess they disabled it to honour the queen and protect her image.
Many negative comments about the queen especially from Africans, Asians, Irish and Argentinians made BBC disable the comment section.

The queen overseen the death of millions of Indians.
The Irish people are celebrating the death of the queen, just check TikTok.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by PlayerMeji: 1:33am On Sep 09, 2022
Valar Morgulis
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by AdamuKD: 2:36am On Sep 09, 2022
From all indication, people don't like her
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 6:23am On Sep 09, 2022
seunny4lif:

Many negative comments about the queen especially from Africans, Asians, Irish and Argentinians made BBC disable the comment section.

The queen overseen the death of millions of Indians.
The Irish people are celebrating the death of the queen, just check TikTok.

Yeah many people from countries that Britain oppressed don't like her. Celebrating her death on tiktok? That's really wild.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 6:23am On Sep 09, 2022
AdamuKD:
From all indication, people don't like her

I guess they don't.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by seunny4lif(m): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2022
nahr:

Yeah many people from countries that Britain oppressed don't like her. Celebrating her death on tiktok? That's really wild.

The news came as a good news to many countries even though the Queen was over 90+ years old.
Over 10M Indians were killed during her ruling.
The Irish people hate British more than they hate Arabs and Blacks.
If you research what British did to Irish people then you will understand why.
Scotland will leave Britain next year or 2.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by Parachoko: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2022
seunny4lif:

Can you show reason why you say the bolded? The Scottish were giving the chance to leave, they choose to stay. I don't think the new prime minister said anything about holding about referendum for the Scottish people again.

Not every Irish hate the British. Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, they choose to still be part of the UK.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2022
seunny4lif:

The news came as a good news to many countries even though the Queen was over 90+ years old.
Over 10M Indians were killed during her ruling.
The Irish people hate British more than they hate Arabs and Blacks.
If you research what British did to Irish people then you will understand why.

I read about the Irish revolution actually in a book, it led to a war and a lot of atrocities were committed by Britain. In the coming years the United Kingdom might actually dissolve and newer states might emerge.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by nahr(f): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you show reason why you say the bolded? The Scottish were giving the chance to leave, they choose to stay. I don't think the new prime minister said anything about holding about referendum for the Scottish people again.

Not every Irish hate the British. Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, they choose to still be part of the UK.

Was it not earlier this year that it was making rounds everywhere that northern Ireland will hold a referendum on joining Ireland?
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by seunny4lif(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2022
Parachoko:

The Scottish people voted and missed by just less than 10% because there was no Brexit then.
Check the result of Brexit and you will see those who voted to remain part of EU, were Scottish people.
Scotland PM already said next year or 2, the Scotland want to leave Uk and join EU.

Same NI, the British military has killed many Irish people that planned independent from UK to joined Rep of Ireland.
British government used divide and conquer to rule over NI but now, the NI ruling party that want united Ireland won and they are talking about holding election for united Ireland.
Re: The BBC Disabled their Comment Section On Youtube by seunny4lif(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2022
nahr:

I read about the Irish revolution actually in a book, it led to a war and a lot of atrocities were committed by Britain. In the coming years the United Kingdom might actually dissolve and newer states might emerge.
Scotland will leave and that will make NI to leave.
The problem of NI was due to church.

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Dreaded Chechen Units Was Shelled In Kherson / The Experienced 25th Mechanized Brigade Knocked Out, Ohh Barkmunt / President Putin Makes Surprise Visit To Mariupol In Donbass, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.