Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,923 members, 7,924,893 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:25 AM

Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) (16931 Views)

Cost Of Transportation From Oshodi, Lagos State To Osogbo / Hit-and-run Driver Crushes Woman To Death In Osogbo - Pictures / How Do I Travel From Benin City (edo) To Osogbo (osun State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by 8stargeneral: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
Travelling is part of education but insecurities in the country has made it look like a disaster...seeing a beautiful creature is really amazing
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by nazicartel(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
I always enjoyed traveling then from Bayelsa to Ilorin. I love Oshogbo with those their ancient graves
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by nesphil(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
Nice road trip.

I always love to travel by road to see our beautiful countryside.
The last time I embarked on such an adventurous journey was when I traveled from Uyo in Akwa Ibom State to Lafia in Nassarawa State, then to Abuja, then from Abuja to Ibadan, then to Lagos, then from Lagos back to Uyo in 10 days.

That was in 2019, but sadly the rise in insecurity has made traveling by road in Nigeria very scary.
Even that 2019, it was a serious risk that I took, but it was adventurous.

jswitch:
Traveling from Makurdi, the Benue State capital in the middle belt to Osogbo, the Osun State capital in South Western part of Nigeria is no doubt a long but fascinating journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYuxMzhB6K0

One of the down sides of this trip is the fact that there is no direct bus (vehicle) between both cities (Osogbo to Makurdi). So, from Makurdi, you’ll need to board a bus going to Ibadan so you can alight at Ilesha junction in Osun before taking another vehicle to Osogbo.

The journey from Makurdi to Osogbo gives one the opportunity to appreciate the large landmass that this country is blessed with alongside a beautiful vista of nature.

From Makurdi, you’ll pass through Naka, Adoka before getting to Ankpa in Kogi State. Naka and Adoka are towns in Benue State while Ankpa is in Kogi State.

The next major city you’ll get to is Anyangba where the Kogi State University is located. From Anyangba, you’ll get to Itobe where you’ll cross the river Niger bridge over to Ajaokuta.

Right from Itobe to Ajaokuta to Okenne, the road is relatively good. It’s always a straight route. From Okenne, you’ll head to Ibirlo in Edo State.

Ibirlo is a popular place for most travelers because most drivers usually have a stop there for passengers to eat and relax before continuing with the journey. Pounded yam with bush meat is my favorite meal whenever we have a stop at Ibirlo. It will interest you to know that their fried yam is always irresistible for most commuters.

From Ibirlo, you’ll get to Isua, Oba Akoko, Oka Akoko then Akumgba before getting to Owo- all in Ondo State. Akoko just like several parts of Kogi is adorned with beautiful landscape decorated with mountains.

Owo to Akure to Ilesha is also a straight route. The expressway actually leads to Ibadan. From Brewery junction (along the expressway) in Ilesha, you’ll take the right turn and head for Osogbo.

From Ilesha to Osogbo is just about 25 minutes drive (17 km).
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Dotman2210(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
[quote author=jswitch post=116602667]

Lol.... U go get the update here. But before I explore the city of Osogbo, I want to visit Ejigbo to make a video on how people travel from the town to Ivory coast seamlessly.

I heard that almost every family in Ejigbo has a relation in Ivory coast.

That'll definitely be my first point of call.

Grab your popcorn; I go drop d gist here

This is very correct

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Mkad(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2022
I thought you can get Osogbo vehicle from high level park in makurdi

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by OVB123: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
jswitch:

Lol.... U go get the update here. But before I explore the city of Osogbo, I want to visit Ejigbo to make a video on how people travel from the town to Ivory coast seamlessly.

I heard that almost every family in Ejigbo has a relation in Ivory coast.

That'll definitely be my first point of call.

Grab your popcorn; I go drop d gist here
I have heard that story too but i don't know how true it is.
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by wezzymoney: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
Where is ejigbo in osun please, I have been to many place in osun oooo
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by faithfull18(f): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2022
You get mind, in 2022.
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Tayomi37(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2022
Traveling is fun, i've been traveling 2 makurdi yearly wit my family 4m ibadan since 2006 4 vacation but stopped by 2019 due 2 insecurity. I prefer staying @ home than pay ransom
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by flemblem(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
pakirisuitesphc:
Do well to visit Ripples hotel at Oroki Estate to really enjoy Osogbo. I am waiting here for you with babies

OG gimme trip I Dey Mallam Tope . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by usagee36: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2022
What an eyesore embarassed
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by pakirisuitesphc(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
You are not too far to Ripples, plenty enjoyments waiting for you.

flemblem:

OG gimme trip I Dey Mallam Tope . grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by zicoraads: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:
Chai I Dey miss Maktown.

Just that those useless black and red boys no let the town sweet. embarassed
If you no follow,nothing concern them with you.

Mak Town still bam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by zicoraads: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ibilo and those fried yams they tie in leather. cheesy

Always a life saver.
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by jojothaiv(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
My interstate traveling days are dwindled, my next travel out of Lagos is out of the country
Amen
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by flemblem(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
pakirisuitesphc:

You are not too far to Ripples, plenty enjoyments waiting for you.

Oya no problem grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Military Truck Rams Into Car Carrying Family Of 7 In Calabar / AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.