Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,308 members, 7,940,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:22 PM

Mermaid Princess - Feather's Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mermaid Princess - Feather's Stories (433 Views)

The Mermaid Princess - Feather's Stories / The Mermaid Princess - Feather's Stories / Tears Of A Pearl ( My Human Mermaid) By NICKY DA QUEEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mermaid Princess - Feather's Stories by Samuelcyprial(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
MERMAID PRINCESS

INTRO

Melody is a normal 16 year old girl living with her grandpa in Miami Florida. Melody loves swimming and feels like she belongs in the water. One day while going for her morning swim, she notices some blue shimmery scales appearing on her arm but just ignores it. The next day, it isn't just blue scales it's pink highlights. She tells her grandpa but is shocked at his reply. Then suddenly, she can breathe under water. Who's she? Read to find out more. Grab your pop corn!!!!!

EPISODE 1

Moody’s POV

Hi I’m melody, I’m 16 years old and I live in Miami Florida with my grandpa john.

If you’re wondering where my parents are, I honestly don’t know but hopefully they’re still alive.

I have brown eyes with tiny specks of pink in them and long, brown wavy hair that reaches all the way down to my lower back.
I should probably mention that I love swimming, it’s the greatest feeling in the world.

I love to explore the ocean, it has many secrets just waiting to be found, anyway enough about me.

Have you ever woken up one morning and just craved salt?
Well this morning I dragged myself out of bed just to have some.

I opened the refrigerator, pulled out a bucket of ice – cream and drowned it in salt.

It might sound gross but trust me it was rather delicious.
After eating, I decided to go for a quick swim like I always do every morning before school, I put on my bathing suit, a pair of blue shorts and grabbed a t- shirt on my way out.

When I arrived at the beach I took off my shorts and dived into the crystal clear water. It was cold but really refreshing.
After just a few more minutes of swimming I decided that it was time to head home before I was late for school.

As I exited the water I felt a pair of eyes watching me but when I turned around no one was there,
I grabbed my towel, but before I could continue with my actions I noticed a few blue scales appearing on my arm.

That’s weird! ‘But It’s probably nothing ‘I told myself. I pulled my t – shirt over my head and made my way back home.
“Grandpa?” I called out.

” I’m in the kitchen” I heard him yell back.
“Morning grandpa what you making?” I asked while giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Oh your favourite, blueberry pancakes.” He said and I started jumping up and down like a child who just received her gifts on Christmas morning.

“Thank you grandpa”

“Your welcome kiddo, now head upstairs and get dressed for school and when you get back there’ll be a huge bowl of pancakes waiting on the table for you.”

“Ok” I said turning on my heel walking up the stairs. After having a shower I blow dried my hair and and placed it into a messy bun.
I decided to dress in a simply flower dress with a white jacket and black flats.

While getting dressed i noticed that the scales were no longer there.
I applied a little makeup not to much because I didn’t want to look like a clown attacked my face then proceeded back down the stairs.

As promised, a huge plate of pancakes were sitting on the table waiting for me and as if on cue my stomach rumbled .

I quickly sat down at the table and stuffed my face with delicious blueberry pancakes, then I grabbed a bottle of water and left for school.
When I arrived at school I was attacked by a massive bear hug.

“Mels omg I’m so happy to see you, come on let’s go inside I have something important to tell you.”
My best friend Ariel told me while dragging me up the stairs into the school.

Ariel is extremely pretty, she has long blond hair and blue eyes.
As we walked through the hallway I noticed the lustful looks that guys were giving us, while some girls stared at us with envy.

Suddenly I was snapped back to reality with someone waving their hand in front my face.

“Hello, Melody? Are you listening to me?” Ariel asked with a frown planted on her face.

“Yes, sorry I was daydreaming, what were you saying”
“I was saying that Austin’s throwing a pool party this weekend and we’re invited. Do you wanna go?”

“Of course i love swimming” I told her ginning like a Cheshire Cat.
“Good, so after school lets go shopping for some new swim suits.” She said, while I nodded in agreement.

After school we hoped into Ariel’s blue SUV and sped off towards the mall. “Where should we go first?” I asked Ariel
“How about victoria secrets” she asked and I nodded my head.
After going through a few more stores we finally decided to stop and get some food.

Ariel ordered our food while I found us a table. She placed a tray with French fries, salt, ketchup and a bottle of water down in front of me.
My lips suddenly felt really dry, so I opened the bottle of water, grabbed the salt, poured it into the water and drank it down like my life depended on it.

When I finished I noticed Ariel staring at me with her jaw practically on the fall.
“What?” I asked her”Did you just drink a an entire bottle of salt water?” She asked raising an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah, ever since this morning I’ve been craving salt and I’m not sure why”
“Maybe you’re a mermaid”she told me, jokingly.”Impossible!
Mermaids don’t exist and besides, you’ve seen me swimming no tail present”
“You’re right— it’s probably a phase”she replied

“I sure hope so, because I cannot drink salt water forever people are going think I’m a freak.

I should probably go home and sleep it off ” I told her standing up and she stood up also leading us outside back to her car.
She dropped me off at home and waited for me to enter the house before she sped off.

I said goodnight to grandpa, walked upstairs to my room whilst dropping the bags in my hand onto the ground,
and crawled under the warm covers of my bed and soon darkness consumed me.

READ FULL STORY BY CLICKING ON BELOW LINK
https://feathersstories.com.ng/feathers-stories/the-mermaid-prince/

(1) (Reply)

Four Types Of Intelligence / Billionaire Little Darling (Chapter 1) / Who Wants Free James Hadley Chase Novel Pdfs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.