Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,158 members, 7,880,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:02 PM

UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. (782 Views)

Pictures Of North Kyiv Of Ukraine After Russian Troops Retreated / Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 11:38am On Sep 13, 2022
etrange:

I guess China and Russia were also forced to send condolences or else the countries will be shut down, right? I'm sure the US was forced to hang their flags halfway or get shutdown. Even Nigeria was forced to do same, right? Apparently, you don't know what is called social responsibility.

Pray tell, where did you read that businesses will be shut down if they refuse to mourn the queen? Which business owner have you talked with and they told you they were forced to put up an image of the queen? The queen's image is all over public properties like train stations and others. International companies like Google, etc also put up her image. Advertising firms and other big organizations in the UK are also doing the same all because it's good for their image. They're simply jumping in on the trend. They are mourning the queen cause it's good for thier PR, dude. It is a major event in the country and this is exactly what is expected. They're not doing it for the queen, they're doing it as a sign of respect to the country and because not doing so is bad for business. Have ever had a business outfit before? You guys just stay in Nigeria, cook up things and start wriggling.

As for North Korea, a system of government in which one person makes the law is called what? Democracy? Please, dude.
It is safe to say you are just a gate keeper of her majesty government. Just look at these threads on frontpage, this is pure North Korea vibes
https://www.nairaland.com/7330229/several-people-arrested-uk-protesting
https://www.nairaland.com/7329324/people-complain-cant-access-services

If you are compelled to mourn a queen, then clearly your freedom to choose who to respect or not has been clearly taken away from you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-demise-of-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-national-mourning-guidance/the-demise-of-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-national-mourning-guidance

https://nationallegalservice.co.uk/uk-protest-rights/
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by etrange: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
jesmond3945:

It is safe to say you are just a gate keeper of her majesty government. Just look at these threads on frontpage, this is pure North Korea vibes
https://www.nairaland.com/7330229/several-people-arrested-uk-protesting
https://www.nairaland.com/7329324/people-complain-cant-access-services

If you are compelled to mourn a queen, then clearly your freedom to choose who to respect or not has been clearly taken away from you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-demise-of-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-national-mourning-guidance/the-demise-of-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-national-mourning-guidance

https://nationallegalservice.co.uk/uk-protest-rights/

Typical Nairalander's style. You guys love spaghetti argument. Once you're cornered, you find a way to wriggle into something else. How does the threads you shared suggest the companies were forced to mourn the queen or get shut down? You guys just stay in the comfort of your homes and make bold claims based on your assumptions and imagination and when confronted, you start grasping for straws. Do you know how long the anti monarchy campaign has been in existence? Please, say things you can defend or back up with evidence.

Like I said in my first post on this thread, there are people who don't subscribe to the idea of maintaining the royal culture, these people have always been there and it's not uncommon for some people in a country not to key into certain things done in the country. The validity of thier protest or otherwise has no bearing on the the fact that organizations were not forced to mourn to queen or risk getting shutdown by the government. They're doing it as a PR move for public image just like countries like the US, China, Russia and Nigeria are doing.

The link you shared clearly says there's no such obligation. Did you even read that or just saw the title and grabbed it to support your argument?

This is part of what you shared by the way:

Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
etrange:

Typical Nairalander's style. You guys love spaghetti argument. Once you're cornered, you find a way to wriggle into something else. How does the threads you shared suggest the companies were forced to mourn the queen or get shut down? You guys just stay in the comfort of your homes and make bold claims based on your assumptions and imagination and when confronted, you start grasping for straws. Do you know how long the anti monarchy campaign has been in existence? Please, say things you can defend or back up with evidence.

Like I said in my first post on this thread, there are people who don't subscribe to the idea of maintaining the royal culture, these people have always been there and it's not uncommon for some people in a country not to key into certain things done in the country. The validity of thier protest or otherwise has no bearing on the the fact that organizations were not forced to mourn to queen or risk getting shutdown by the government. They're doing it as a PR move for public image just like countries like the US, China, Russia and Nigeria are doing.

The link you shared clearly says there's no such obligation. Did you even read that or just saw the title and grabbed it to support your argument?

This is part of what you shared by the way:
I don't want to share private emails from public institutions which I am privy of and were they have been instructed by Government officials to observe and partake in the national mourning taking place. You would also know that granted that fine prints might be in place in order to show that your freedom is guaranteed but in practice the powers that be would not fail to remind you they are in charge. If I may ask why is the police being handy against these protesters? Don't they have freedom of expression? Why are they being charged for expressing their views? You think any business would want to continue advertising when hidden sanctions might be slammed on them. You think a business would want to willingly loose money just to please the monarchy? You need to cool down on your naivety.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by leofab(f): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
shogsman:

Nope, that's monarchy,the same thing happened in north Korea and westerners call it slavery and forced
do they do elections in North Korea.. We have Oba of Benin yet we have a governor in Edo state.. don’t be naive.. the PM of UK runs the country.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by shogsman(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
leofab:
do they do elections in North Korea.. We have Oba of Benin yet we have a governor in Edo state.. don’t be naive.. the PM of UK runs the country.
Keep clowning,the pm is a figure head, it is the Queen that appoints the pm not the other way around.
The pm doesn't have 5% of the influence of the Queen on the nation

Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
leofab:
how can a PM run a country when the PM pledges allegiance to the monarchy, when any legislation must be given royal assent before it becomes law, when the military pledges allegiance to the monarchy, when the PM actually reports to the monarchy. Nawa ooo, this monarchy has clearly pulled the wool over billions of people.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
shogsman:

Keep clowning,the pm is a figure head, it is the Queen that appoints the pm not the other way around.
dont mind them. within a week Uk changed their head of state and PM without an election by the country. Is it not the same with North Korea.

1 Like

Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by etrange: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
jesmond3945:

I don't want to share private emails from public institutions which I am privy of and were they have been instructed by Government officials to observe and partake in the national mourning taking place. You would also know that granted that fine prints might be in place in order to show that your freedom is guaranteed but in practice the powers that be would not fail to remind you they are in charge. If I may ask why is the police being handy against these protesters? Don't they have freedom of expression? Why are they being charged for expressing their views? You think any business would want to continue advertising when hidden sanctions might be slammed on them. You think a business would want to willingly loose money just to please the monarchy? You need to cool down on your naivety.

During festive seasons and other special events, these same organizations put up relevant signposts like Christmas greetings, LGBTQ flags, etc. for days, and they're not forced. But when it's the queen's picture, they must be forced and they must be losing millions. Have you ever asked yourself why organizations put up Christmas messages regardless of the belief of the business owners? You obviously don't run a business and you don't know a thing about PR.

According to you, the government sent out a memo and made it clear in the guidelines that the mourning of the queen is not mandatory. Then they sent a secret mail to businesses telling them to mourn the queen or get shut down. And then the businesses forwarded the emai to you. And you didn't make any reference to this email until you're cornered in an argument. Lol... I can't even argue with you at this point. This is becoming a primary school argument. You had the email the government sent to these public institutions, but to support your argument you naively sent me a link that contradicts your argument and when you're caught up in your own web, you're still wriggling. You really believe such a mail would be received and Brits would just take it? You know what, you win. The UK government is worst that North Korea. I agree.

I've argued a lot on Nairaland, but I've never had this bad.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
etrange:

During festive seasons and other special events, these same organizations put up relevant signposts like Christmas greetings, LGBTQ flags, etc. for days, and they're not forced. But when it's the queen's picture, they must be forced and they must be losing millions. Have you ever asked yourself why organizations put up Christmas messages regardless of the belief of the business owners? You obviously don't run a business and you don't know a thing about PR.

According to you, the government sent out a memo and made it clear in the guidelines that the mourning of the queen is not mandatory. Then they sent a secret mail to businesses telling them to mourn the queen or get shut down. And then the businesses forwarded the emai to you. And you didn't make any reference to this email until you're cornered in an argument. Lol... I can't even argue with you at this point. This is becoming a primary school argument. You had the email the government sent to these public institutions, but to support your argument you naively sent me a link that contradicts your argument and when you're caught up in your own web, you're still wriggling. You really believe such a mail would be received and Brits would just take it? You know what, you win. The UK government is worst that North Korea. I agree.

I've argued a lot on Nairaland, but I've never had this bad.

You don't expect me to post private emails from my organization here. It is not ethical. The Uk government would never come out and force businesses to do its bidding. It is a polite atmosphere. The leaders of these institutions will comply with directives and compel their organization to obey. The British would never do anything to hurt their monarchy, na were their mumu reach. The people who tried to do it were manhandled by the police and you never answered my question why supposedly a free society would hound their citizen when they have a completely different narrative. I repeat I will not post my organization's email here and you are free to believe anything you want.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by etrange: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
jesmond3945:

You don't expect me to post private emails from my organization here. It is not ethical. The Uk government would never come out and force businesses to do its bidding. It is a polite atmosphere. The leaders of these institutions will comply with directives and compel their organization to obey. The British would never do anything to hurt their monarchy, na were their mumu reach. The people who tried to do it were manhandled by the police and you never answered my question why supposedly a free society would hound their citizen when they have a completely different narrative. I repeat I will not post my organization's email here and you are free to believe anything you want.

Dude, I've explained to you why organizations are putting up the queen pictures a thousand times. You're deliberately not listening. Instead, you're arguing like a drowning man looking for what to hold on to. The way the police handled the protest, good or bad, does not in any way prove or disprove your claim of a secret email sent to businesses making it mandatory to mourn the queen contrary to the online memo. You're just throwing to see what sticks. You're grasping at straws.

If I were you, I'd delete all my posts on this thread cause they're all cringy. I wonder how you're not embarrassed arguing like a primary school kid. Are you the only one in the UK? Or you're the only ond courageous enough to mention this email, right? You had this email but instead of making a reference to it from the onset, you waited till the link you shared backfired. Lol... Like I said, you win. Please, leave me. I'm already embarrassed having this kind of childish conversation.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
etrange:

Dude, I've explained to you why organizations are putting up the queen pictures a thousand times. You're deliberately not listening. Instead, you're arguing like a drowning man looking for what to hold on to. The way the police handled the protest, good or bad, does not in any way prove or disprove your claim of a secret email sent to businesses making it mandatory to mourn the queen contrary to the online memo. You're just throwing to see what sticks. You're grasping at straws.

If I were you, I'd delete all my posts on this thread cause they're all cringy. I wonder how you're not embarrassed arguing like a primary school kid. Are you the only one in the UK? Or you're the only ond courageous enough to mention this email, right? You had this email but instead of making a reference to it from the onset, you waited till the link you shared backfired. Lol... Like I said, you win. Please, leave me. I'm already embarrassed having this kind of childish conversation.
I see you have degenerated into insult calling me a kid. Have a nice day young man.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by etrange: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
jesmond3945:

I see you have degenerated into insult calling me a kid. Have a nice day young man.

There was never a discussion. I sincerely thought you had concrete some points only for you drag me down to childish conversations. Bye.
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by leofab(f): 2:03am On Sep 14, 2022
shogsman:

keep clowning.. the monarch is merely ceremonial it’s the PM that handles the nations’ affair..
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by leofab(f): 2:04am On Sep 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
how can a PM run a country when the PM pledges allegiance to the monarchy, when any legislation must be given royal assent before it becomes law, when the military pledges allegiance to the monarchy, when the PM actually reports to the monarchy. Nawa ooo, this monarchy has clearly pulled the wool over billions of people.
have you heard of the monarchy rejecting a bill ?
Re: UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. by jesmond3945: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2022
leofab:
have you heard of the monarchy rejecting a bill ?
why would they? on what grounds? something that has been agreed by majority of parliament. you should be asking the Prime minister why he or she would take a bill to the queen for assent. I thought you said the Prime minister runs the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Won The Space Race ? / Eu Sends Generator To Ukraine As Iranian Evil Drone Sent Kiev Back To Stone Age / Combat Gopro - Wiping Out Russian Spetsnaz Team In CQB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.