Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,016 members, 7,896,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:23 AM

How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing (326 Views)

Is Anyone Interested In Contributing To My Language Project? / How Long Should A Person Spend At The ATM? / Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by jolak5(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
There’s this guy at my place. He doesn’t ask what we will eat nor has he ever entered the kitchen to cook for us.

He stayed at my place for a month without ever making a meal for us.

Now he’s back. Is it right for me to stop giving him food?
Re: How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by blazingblender(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
This story no complete...
Who brings money for food??...
Abi na only cook you want him to be cooking??
Re: How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by frozen70(f): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
jolak5:
There’s this guy at my place. He doesn’t ask what we will eat nor has he ever entered the kitchen to cook for us.

He stayed at my place for a month without ever making a meal for us.

Now he’s back. Is it right for me to stop giving him food?

What's he doing in your house and is he lazy, idle and just want the comfort you are providing

If the above is your answer, let him know that feeding is a challenge for you guys

He may tell you to cook and eat and don't bother about him

Well that's a trick, just tell him to get another place to stay so that you can manage yourself

If you can't tell him that, just stop cooking and let him know that you are finding it difficult to cook

Then you eat out
Re: How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by tolufase: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Is he an invited or unlimited guest? If it's the latter, then you must be ready to bear the brunt of your action but if it is the former you have to let him know that you can not carry the burden alone.
Re: How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by jolak5(m): 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
blazingblender:
This story no complete...
Who brings money for food??...
Abi na only cook you want him to be cooking??

It’s my place and my food
Re: How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing by Originalsly: 4:28am On Sep 12, 2022
Bro... the problem is not the cooking .... the problem is him staying at your place indefinitely. What if he says he will cook and wash the dishes? Do you realize the message you will he sending is it's OK for him to stay as long as he likes?... and he will grab that opportunity to be
living with you? ... for free? ... like a wife? ... and in these times your sexual orientation will be on everyone's lips? Bro... tell the guy he needs to leave by Friday.... your house... no explanation needed.

(1) (Reply)

What Defines Masculinity In Nigerian Culture? / Abia Gov’ Ikpeazu Signs Female Inheritance Bill Into Law / My View Of The Saying "Forgive And Forget"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.