Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,853 members, 7,909,204 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:40 PM

National I.D Day: Oba Saheed Elegushi Commends FG On NIMC Enrollment Sensitizati - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / National I.D Day: Oba Saheed Elegushi Commends FG On NIMC Enrollment Sensitizati (191 Views)

Check Out Licensed NIMC Enrollment Centres For NIN Number In Lagos / Please I Need Ways I Can Retrieve My National I.D Number? / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National I.D Day: Oba Saheed Elegushi Commends FG On NIMC Enrollment Sensitizati by Newsextra014: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
By Adeyemi Obadimu

As the National Identity Management Commission m (NIMC) spread their gospel to Ikate-Elegushi Kingdom, His Royal Majesty, Oba Saheed Ademola Elegushi has commended the Federal Government on NIMC Enrollment Sensitization taking to the grassroots through traditional rulers as a very good Initiative.

Oba Elegushi made this known yesterday 10th of September 2022 in his Palace during the 4th edition of the National Identity Day organized by NIMC.

He said I have been an advocate that promotes NIMC activities from the onset as a monarch and I will continue to advocate for it because i know the importance of the National Identification Number (NIN).

"This is a welcome idea because we still have alot of people that are yet to get their NIN, this sensitization method will help us to educate our people on the usefulness of NIN, because some people don't know it is very important.

"I believe in this NIMC enrollment so much because i want a developed country where Government can have a data base that will make them to plan for primary health care and all the basic things that citizens needed, this will also help to identify and know the numbers of people living in our communities.

"Oba Elegushi urged the Lagosians inrespective of where they are living to participate in the Ongoing NIMC Enrollment because this is their civic rights, and will continue to tell my Traditional Chiefs, market people and others on the need for NIMC Enrollment. Oba Shaeed added".

While speaking at the event, The Regional Coordinator, NIMC Lagos, Mrs Funmi Opesanwo, who represented the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Pantami and NIMC Director General/Chief Executive Officer, Engr. Aliyu Aziz stated the reasons for the National Identity Management Commission's visit to the Ikate-Elegushi palace.

Opesanwo appreciated Oba Elegushi for his support towards this project from the beginning, "you're a wonderful father to us at NIMC".

"She noted that The National Identity Day was approved by President Buhari in 2019 and September 16th this year will be our 4th edition, themed "Traditional Institutions as Critical Stakeholders for Citizen’s Mobilization".

"Opesanwo said NIMC want to make sure that everyone is Identified and have National Identification Number irrespective of where they are, either urban or rural areas".

"We believe that our traditional rulers are close to the citizens in terms of mobilization and other engagement that is why we are here to seek your support to mobilize the citizens in your kingdom for NIMC Enrollment".

"The focus on the role of the traditional institutions in propagating the importance and benefits of the National Identification Number (NIN) is very important. Opesanwo added".

In the same vein, the State Coordinator, NIMC Lagos East, Mrs Stella Emeagwai said our mandate in NIMC is to carry out enrollment of all citizens and legal residents and issue them the national identification number popularly known as NIN.

Not only that we integrate all data base in the country into a centralized national database and Traditional rulers are the custodians of values and moral of the people, they have the capacity to disseminate the importance of NIMC Enrollment to the people.

Lastly, this year's National Identity Day is to promote awareness on the need for the NIN registration, and to foster development of the identity sector. This sensitization event is replicated across all the Regions in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Live Stream, Watch, Champions League, Game Free, Online, In HD / Data Analyst Course / BREAKING: National Industrial Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.