Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas (434 Views)

INEC Chairman Yakubu Was Nominated By Tinubu Camp; He Worked With Wike – Amaechi / Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas Dies At 82 / Wike & Amaechi Exchange Words At The Burial Of Adolphus Karibi -Whyte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by divinehand2003(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2022
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike and his predecessor Rotimi Amaechi yesterday resumed hostility over their performance in office and the burial of elder statesman, Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas, last weekend.

Wike, who replied Amaechi’s lamentation that  Graham-Douglas was not given state burial by the Wike administration, described the immediate-past minister of transportation (Amaechi) as  a total failure in office.

He said as far as Rivers State was concerned, Amaechi was unable to attract any meaningful project to the state in seven years when he served as a minister.

In a reaction at the instance of LEADERSHIP prompting, the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, said Amaechi had never been a clannish leader, but nationalistic in his approach to governance.

APC spokesman in the state, Darlington Nwauju said, “First of all Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi has always been nationalistic in his approach to governance, first as a governor, then, as minister of the Federal Republic.

“It is on record that he has never been a clannish political leader and can never be. Governor Wike himself has inadvertently confirmed this fact and we are grateful to him for confirming that the leader of APC in Rivers State is a true Nigerian.”

Wike spoke yesterday at the inauguration of the reconstructed former Riv-Bank Insurance building in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

He stated that a man who had failed in attracting projects to his state and has exhibited poor leadership within his depleted party, should hide his face in shame and stop talking about Rivers politics.

Wike said, “We have taken all your people. Nobody is in your party again. Why not manage and stay quiet; because of your poor leadership.

“Tell Rivers State people, as minister of transportation, what did you do for your people? Seven good years, all you were interested in was doing business with CCECC, doing standard gauge and the other gauge until now, we have not seen anyone in Port Harcourt to Maiduguri,” he said.

The governor boasted that while he was a junior minister, he attracted the Faculty of Law to the University of Port Harcourt and established the Oil and Gas Polytechnic in Bonny.

Wike said he also made grants available to Kenule Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic in Bori and Ignatius Ajuru University, while renovating several secondary schools in the state.

Wike said, “Tell us, as a grade A minister, what you brought. You think you can deceive Rivers State again.”

The governor said the State government stayed away from the burial activities because it was politicised and he did not want to be associated with such trivialities.

He said: “I saw you people have brought politics to the man’s burial. I said, ok, let me withdraw myself. I don’t want to be involved in this kind of politics.”

Wike stated that if people had gone to bury the dead, they would have focused on that mission of honouring the dead and involved him in the talks around the event.

He said: “Let me us this opportunity to say that I am very disappointed that the former minister of Transportation Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi will still come to the state to talk about this government not giving late Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas a state burial.

“It is unfortunate. I asked him, when Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas was sick, where were you? This State government committed so much amount of money to make sure Chief Alabo survived.

“I want to challenge anybody, we did not spend less than N50 million to make sure our elder statesman survived. It was survival we wanted, we wanted him to be alive.

“When his late son had an accident and was flew to London, this state government bore the cost of it. Go and ask people.”

Wike recalled that it was this same Amaechi, who is now showing he loved Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas more, that refused to honour him while he was alive.

The governor said, Chibuike Amaechi declined to grant the request of Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas for the elevation of the Abonnema traditional stool to first class and construction of Abonnema ring road.

Nwauju (Ameachi loyalist) said, “But to speak to real issues and not engage in un-gubernatorial tantrums, our leader by the grace of God through the appointment offered him by President Muhamadu Buhari.

He influenced the remittance of N78 billion spent on construction of federal roads executed during his time as governor of Rivers State, to the present Government without trying to be politically correct.

“He influenced the commencement of the Bonny deep seaport project, influenced the commencement of the Transportation University, Ubima, attracted the Naval War College, Ubima.

“He influenced the implementation of the UNEP report on Ogoniland; attracted key appointments to Rivers State; employment of hundreds of Rivers sons and daughters in the maritime industry as Seafarers, Safety Marshals etc, influenced the construction of an additional power plant in Afam power station.

https://leadership.ng/wike-amaechi-in-fresh-feud-over-performance-burial-of-graham-douglas/
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by clanholies: 7:50am On Sep 13, 2022
Okay
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Dreal1247: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Amaechi should be very careful as Wike is not in the best mood presently. Meanwhile, let peace prevail as charity begins at home. They are still brothers and that noone can change.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by divinehand2003(m): 7:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Wike and Amaechi are best of friends. Politics is the only dividing line. However, behind the scenes, they drink champagne together under the mango tree and laugh all day long.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by floret23(f): 7:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Am I the only one who noticed that killing of Catholic priests stopped after the unveiling of '30 Shetima Bishops'?

I observed that invading of churches, kidnapping and killing of pastors most especially catholic priests in the North stopped immediately after the unveiling of 30 Shetima Bishops. Could there be a connection about APC fake Bishops' attire at Shetima's unveiling and the gruesome death of these church leaders? I am just curious.

Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by VictorUSA(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2022
I wish all Nigerian politicians be beaten to stupor untill they crawl back to their grave on their knees.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Anigreat: 7:56am On Sep 13, 2022
shocked

God punish agbadorians
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Corridon: 8:05am On Sep 13, 2022
Truth is that Amaechi failed his southern people when he was the minister of transportation. He was busy laying down infrastructures all over the north.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Tolexander: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2022
Corridon:
Truth is that Amaechi failed his southern people when he was the minister of transportation. He was busy laying down infrastructures all over the north.
Thinking that will earn him the presidential ticket
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:03am On Sep 13, 2022
Corridon:

That is what his masters up north told him to do.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2022
Tolexander:

I guess Buhari and the Aso Rock Cabals “anointing oil” dried up on him or it wasn’t just enough. grin grin grin
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Corridon: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2022
Tolexander:
And to think another southerner will still try to please the north hoping to be rewarded is silly.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by Corridon: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

That is what his masters up north told him to do.
Now they have abandoned him.
Re: Wike, Amaechi In Fresh Feud Over Performance, Burial Of Graham – Douglas by nazicartel(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2022
Dreal1247:
Amaechi should be very careful as Wike is not in the best mood presently. Meanwhile, let peace prevail as charity begins at home. They are still brothers and that noone can change.
both of them ain't in good mood. Wetin this one know the other Sabi too. Leave all these politicians abeg... Amaechi really tried as a governor, but as a minister, it seemed he was appointed as a northern representative. Nothing to show back home

(1) (Reply)

Reno Shocked, Asari Dokubo Hide To Watch Obidient BAYELSA STATE ONE MILLION MAN / St Nyesom Wike: The attention-seeking champion of opportunistic justice / Some Favorite Quotes From Peter Obi Arise Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.