Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? (22131 Views)

I Met A Girl... Just 2mins Later We Were on The Same Byke Together!!! / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? / How To Tell When A Girl Just Had Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by legry(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2005
Control that guy in your pants and there would be no problem with keeping a girl as your friend. its all about libido control yeah
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2005
cheesy Bravo! Legry, u're the only sincere guy on this forum jare!
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tasteguy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2005
the real truth is that whenever the girl show interest to the guy ,she causes the guy to flow.toya.. take note you may be the cause.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by IAH(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2005
@shockreaction, but I have a friend who has a girlfriend so that confirms the fact that we are just friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by jogego(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2005
so the fact that a guy has a gf means he wont want cut shows somewhere else? Siddon dere u hear
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sage(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2005
viera well said
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2005
Just curious. Ladies dont you fall in love just like that? the way guys do, through friendship?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by shockreaction(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2005
"Control that guy in your pants"

Easier said than done man...
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Pinky(f): 1:02am On Jul 10, 2005
vieira & angirl are gonna kill me with lafter of their piggy stories & runs

anyway it's possible to have male friends with no ulterior motives in their heart.... i for one can proudly say i have 7 female friends in my life....... the rest re guyssssssssssssssss.. i enjoy their company so much..... but then knowing guys for wat they truly are..... i've had occasions in which i had to cut off friendship with some cos they wanted wat i couldn't offer them.... so u see, u guys always destroy friendship by letting that thing in btw ur legs think for u.. & guess wat... most times it leads u astray & into HELL
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Chxta(m): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2005
trae_z:

to word y'all. it's possible but very hard. viera sure did nail it when he said:

"make i tell you all those guys who are forming as friends fall into these categories:

1. planning to have sex

2. tried it and got nailed but is still hoping that one day he might get lucky

3. Gay

4. Weirdo

But if the girls is ugly but funny then she could have loads of male friends who have no ulterior motive"

hot-angel too with

"Laide it is possible, but it always ends up in something else. I have so many guy friends, but mostly we end up being "friends with benefit"

friends with benefits!!!!!!!!! thats what happens in most cases. you're friends, each with his own partner but you smooch each other freely but secretly
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by laideo(f): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2005
kazey:

Just curious. Ladies don't you fall in love just like that? the way guys do, through friendship?

well yes some of us do..but we ladies tend to think about what it'll do to our friendship with the guy and we keep the feelings under wraps cuz we dont want to jeopardize our friendship with the person..at least thats what i do..but u guys..no siree..u musto hit that ass..whether it spoils the friendship or not.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2005
laide o:

but you guys..no siree..you musto hit that ass..whether it spoils the friendship or not.

Chai !! are we that bad? well atleast i dont do that cool embarassed
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by CalabarMan(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2005
In one of my postings on this forum, I gisted about a very close female friend I had sometime back, we used to go clubbing together, talk about everything, the friendship was great until we took it to the next level and started sleeping together, things now became complicated and we couldn't talk freely again, I decided to revert back to our former state of platonic friendship, Like clicking the back button, for where the babe no gree said it was ALL or NOTHING, that was the end of a great friendship.

Years later, I met another babe I was very close to, in fact we worked together on a project, and we could discuss everything, and she was a natural flirt, touching, brushing the whole works, gradually the urged to take it to the next level with her kicked in, so during lunch one day I placed my card on the table and told her I was falling for her badly and she turns me on like hell, but then I know if we do anything it would ruin our friendship, which to me was more valuable than any sex we could have together. I made her promise to be strong for me and assist me in not crossing the line of friendship (off course I told her about the female friend I once had and how the friendship was ruined), I told her signs to look out for and how to resist.

After this our friendship became stronger I was still attracted to her but I didn't have to hide it any longer. I could tell her to wear a sexy outfit and she would, at times when work don hot and she is wearing one of those her skirts with slits in front, I would tell her I want to shadow her lovely laps and she would show them to me (we agreed upfront that I would never touch them). Most of our colleagues thought we were dating. I used to go to her house and she would show me all her sexy lingerie’s and cloths.

She is now married and we are no longer as close as we used to be, although whenever we call we talk as we used to in the past, but those calls are far between. The first day she met her husband I actually drove her to meet the guy, she didn't like the guy at first but I kept encouraging her to see the positive side of him. She played hard to get for a long while (always giving the guy blue balls, smooch him and stop), I told her it was unfair to threat the poor guy like that. The day she finally decided to do the guy she told me and we went to a supermarket together where I bought some packs of condom for her (I didn't want my friend to catch anything or get pregnant), later that evening during a send off party for our managers she gave me the whole low down of how she seduced the guy and did him.

Shortly before she got married to the guy she told me that, she now knows why it is very easy for close fiends to sleep together, and that she would like to sleep with me once just to get me out of her system, I sat her down and we analyzed the whole situation and at the end of the day we agreed not to do anything.

In conclusion yes it is possible for members of the opposite sex to be friends without sex, but both parties need to be very open with each other and discuss whatever feelings they have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Vieira(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2005
Well Done Calabarman! You try well well o! If na me I am not sure I could have resisted.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by tayotina(f): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2005
Calabarman a lot of self control, I guess.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by CalabarMan(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2005
Self control ke.. I don't think so.. the important thing was the friendship, once bitten twice shy. I had already lost a great friend once, such friends are very rare and hard to find (Can you imagine having a female friend you can discuss anything with, even things you can't gist with your male friends for fear of being laughed at).....

She often noticed when she turns me on badly, she would look and giggle, and I would tell her my babe was in trouble that night. She would pretend to be jelouse saying how can someone else enjoy the fruit of her labour, it was all fun and playful.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by anugirl(f): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2005
well-done jare calabarman, atleast u could control urself 4once   grin

undecided but i pity some people sha o! I just dey hope say ojukokoro no go kill dem o  rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Pinky(f): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2005
"CalabarMan":
at times when work don hot and she is wearing one of those her skirts with slits in front, I would tell her I want to shadow her lovely laps and she would show them to me (we agreed upfront that I would never touch them)
menn you really tried o! i am still surprised at how you manged to do all this without ever touching her.. damn.. you guys were playing the devil's advocate...
you must have learnt your lessons with the other girl you lost, the hard way
but menn...... this your story is something else......i hope all the guys in the house will learn from you...but if they try what you did with this 2nd girl, most will fail
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Greatpeter(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2005
pinky, I sence you've watched that film "Devil's advocate"
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by pkrix(m): 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2005
A calabarman telling me this story. I no gree.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by CalabarMan(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2005
@pkrix there comes a time in a man's life (especially when he has decided to settle down) when you need to have two types of women in your life, those you sleep with and those you can have indepth discussions with and learn from. The type of discussions you can have with a babe you are not sleeping with is more open, free and honest without any emotions tinting and clouding the view point. She would tell you things as they are from a womans perspective, those view points are invaluable and would help you in future.

I know you think CalabarMan should chop whatever comes his way, well I am not claiming to be a saint. Infact let me give you an overview of my profile. I graduated from university at the age of 21 as a virgin, while in school I never had any girlfriend not that I didn't want to but I didn't have the resources to operate at the level I wanted. So I faced my books graduated early as one of the best in my class, came out and got a good job with better pay almost immediately. With better pay, youth and spare time on my side I decided to explore the world and catch up on the things I thought I had missed out in school, at this time I was operating on a higher level than what my friends did back in school. Can you imagine the effect a guy creates by driving a BRAND new car to a campus in the 90's to pick up a babe and then taking her out to a nice restuarant or all night clubbing hopping from one club to another spending thousands of naira. oh boy leave matter o! I had lots of relationships and met lots of babes along the line, in fact there is a particular babe I met whom I refer to as the GREAT TEACHER she was younger than me but more experienced in sex, I learnt a lot from her.

I have since retired from field operations, sex is sweet but temporary, friendship last longer and is more valuable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2005
CalabarMan:

I graduate from university at the age of 21 as a virgin.

Oluwao !! You no get fine girls for your university?
Dont lie grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hotangel2(f): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2005
ahah kazey. Graduating as a virgin doesn't mean there are no fine gurls at his school. he was just being holy/patient.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2005
CalabarMan i respect ur wealth of knowledge. preach on, but abeg go for HIV test grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2005
Holy wetin. grin. Well he missed, the best part of his life. University life.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by hotangel2(f): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2005
common now, Univeristy life doesn't mean loosing your virginity. You can have fun with sex.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by CalabarMan(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2005
Different strokes for different folks eh.. I believe in excelling in whatever I do. While in school I read my books well and was amongst the best in my class. When I decided to play I played well and mastered the act of playing. I also work very hard to ensure that the daily bread continues. Most of my friends who were catching their grooves on campus are not half as comfortable as I am now, in fact most of them are in London doing odd jobs to make ends meet. There is a time for everything.

AIDS wasn't invented this century it was actually discovered in the 80's so awareness has been high for over 20 years, only a fool would play around without adequate protection, mind you buy the expensive (high quality) ones don't pinch money on anything concerning your life.

Do you know that the worse thing that can happen to a man is to wake up at the age of 70 and wish he had explored his sexuality when he was younger, catch your groove while you are still young but most important of all know when to quit and settle down. There is more to life than sex.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kazey(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2005
When you "Wake-up" at the right time is good, otherwise na catastrophe, when u do it at the wrong time.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Asia(m): 1:35am On Jul 23, 2005
It's indeed possible to have an opposite sex as a friend with no strings attached. It depends on the motive that both parties have at heart. But sincerely laide, it is pertinent to let you know that people are not just the same. What Mr A can do, Mr B may not be able to do a quarter.

Moreover, as the friendship becomes more intimate, the male may feel a sign of compactibility in the friendship and would always want to take it ( the friendship) to another level.

But when a friend lets you know what he has in mind, let not that stand in between you two., just settle it amicably and let the friendship continue.

a s i a
sad shocked cry cry
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nike4luv(f): 1:59am On Jul 23, 2005
there is no big deal..being friends with a guy but de prob is dat wen it reaches a stage..sum1 starts having feelins gor de other one
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by pintos(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2005
Do not take life's experiences
too seriously.
Above all, do not
let them hurt you,
for in reality
they are nothing but
dream experiences...............
Play your part in life,
but never forget that
it is only a role.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by oluwizard(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2005
@CalabarMan i believe a lot of guys have learn a thing or more from ur story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is What Happens Each Time A Man Connects With A Woman Sexually (photos) / Why I Dont Like Igbo Ladies For Relationships. / A Nairalander Deactivated Because She Couldn't Handle The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.