Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:17 PM

Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. (9010 Views)

Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money” / Jang Appoints Son, Others Special Advisers / Gunmen Attack Governor Jang’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Claus(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
Hiring members of their families got a number of MP's in the U.K. into some trouble during the expenses scandal. They couldn't justify some of the salaries they paid their wives and sons and now there are stricter rules around hiring family members.

I think the same should apply in Nigeria because such a lax system is very easy to abuse.

On a related note, the cost of governance in Nigeria is way too high. If each governor has 21 special advisers and with 36 states, then you've got 756 speciak advisers that need to be paid salaries and allowances every month.

If a governor can select a cabinet with commissioners taking their portfolios, why the need for so many additional special advisers, including a special adviser on special duties. On the face of it, it just looks like "jobs for the boys".
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Gbenge77(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
Talk about family business.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by manickal(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
this is quite a funny one. appointing his son as special adviser on special duties. . .

in every organisation i've ever been at, that 'special duty' post has never had a defined work plan.

yeah, maybe his son is qualified and all, but from what we know of Nigerian politics, nobody can be trusted
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Akintola11(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
nepotism and favoritism is a common trait in Nigerian politics! we have to cross this river as soon as possible in order for the best hands to grab the helm of affairs. But on a second thought, It is always common practice to appoint those close to you as advisers. It is not only in Nigeria. Would you not do the same?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by nagoma(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
There were bids to supply PTF with vehicles one of the proposals was from a (reputable and big)  car vendors but the company chairman was a blood relative of General Buhari who was the PTF Chairman (you will remember). That particular proposal was removed from the lot and was not considered at all as instucted by Buhari. You want to be upright in leadership dont come near corruption and if you are in doubt err on the side of caution please.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by olupahpah(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
Just a way of keeping it in the family, am sure in the next dispensation the son would then run for governor, Naija 4 u!!!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by jokingmary(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
olupahpah:

Just a way of keeping it in the family, am sure in the next dispensation the son would then run for governor, Naija 4 u!!!
Naija 4 life wink
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by amy21: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
Source??
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by oncolor: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks Dad! Sweet! no need to explain how a couple million dollars found its way into my account.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by jamace(m): 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
I think Gov Jang is one of the performing Govs in Nigeria. Since he came into office as Gov, he has not disappointed his people in rendering dividends of democracy. He is also very prudent in the use of state resources, no looting and no foreign bank accounts.

I believe the appointment of his son as adviser is in good fate and in the best interest of the state.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by eggo: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
sharp guy, he sha has put his son into government,
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
If the son is qualified enough, is there any law in the land that prevent such?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Roland17(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2011
Every Nigerian Would do the same thing over and over again, if he is qualified why not.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by femmy2010(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
If the Man is qualified,why not.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Builder: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
what wld he be advising him on? just wondering
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by BabaO2: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
He could have served as a consultant for the government in a privately owned enterprise if his expertise allows. Taking a public office in his dad'S government is a little bit too far.
That is when you are wrong and that is when the son is not qualified to work for the government on the ethic ground. Nothing wrong in what he has done, he needs sincere special adviser and he found one in his son who is a member of the public. what is wrong about that?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Niseamaka(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
My wife shipped a Mitsubushi L300 van filled to the brim with ladies shoes and clothings
to lagos from the uk and travelled to Nigeria with our six months old baby girl to
market the items. The vehicle was cleared and brought out  today and to our utter
shock and dismay, the vehicle was broken into through the boot inspite
of the fact that the boot and the two sliding doors were well welded, and over 90%
of the contents was stolen.Even the two boxes of nappy for our baby`s use during their
sojourn in Nigeria was also stolen.Why are we Nigerians so heartless?.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by edoyad(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2011
Niseamaka:

My wife shipped a Mitsubushi L300 van filled to the brim with ladies shoes and clothings
to lagos from Dublin and travelled to Nigeria with our six months old baby girl to
market the items. The vehicle was cleared and brought out today and to our utter
of the fact that the boot and the two sliding doors were well welded, and over 90%
of the contents was stolen.Even the two boxes of nappy for our baby`s use during their
sorry about your loss dude but why must we always zero everything down to Nigerians being wicked and evil ? Aren't peoples' shops being looted and razed in the same UK as we speak ?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by alphonsok: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
his son is also a human being who has the right to occupy any position in the country.as long as there is no negative motive like looting behind the appointment , he can carry go jo
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
Pls let that guy advise his father.
Niseamaka:

to lagos from Dublin and travelled to Nigeria with our six months old baby girl to
market the items. The vehicle was cleared and brought out  today and to our utter
Nise, put urself together pls and see how much u can recover, it happens everywhere.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Oyibogab: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2011
Anyway, nothin bad there sha, but make other governors no go do because u do. u know say Nig like uniform. After them go turn the governor office to family office.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by hillsate: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
So you guys prefer Governors to make their girlfriends advisers and not their sons. Or are you saying if Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala (pardon my spelling) were Goodluck Jonathan's daughter she should not be made minister of finance?
kai! Nigerians and their are-you-the-only-ones mentality!
Allow the guy to advise his father jo. Una no want make him upgrade him resume.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by BigMeat2: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
Another family owned enterprise.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by IYANGBALI: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
left to some of them they wud name some of their pets as special advisers
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Danni2: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
Somebody just announced that his goods were stolen, and the next thing is "it happens everywhere", "people are looting in uk as we speak", etc. When will Nigerians stop comparing apples with oranges? Europe and America are not the same as Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was riot in uk cos someone was killed. Who was killed to created the "riot" that cause those thieves to break into someones goods and steal? But even if there is riot in Nigeria, when has it ever become justifiable for people to steal? I need an answer from those two guys who said "it happens everywhere" and "people are looting in Uk as we speak". I will respond to you immediately, i'm waiting.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Reference(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
hillsate:

So you guys prefer Governors to make their girlfriends advisers and not their sons. Or are you saying if Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala (pardon my spelling) were Goodluck Jonathan's daughter she should not be made minister of finance?
kai! Nigerians and their are-you-the-only-ones mentality!
Allow the guy to advise his father jo. Una no want make him upgrade him resume.

Exactly she should not be made a minister. Nepotism isn't a dictionary word for nothing. Special adviser on/for special duties indeed. Does that sound like job requiring any sort of professional qualifications. Some fellow Nigerians simply amaze me. If anyone can boldly tell me what such a portfolio entails kindly make my day.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by edoyad(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
Danni2:

Somebody just announced that his goods were stolen, and the next thing is "it happens everywhere", "people are looting in uk as we speak", etc. When will Nigerians stop comparing apples with oranges? Europe and America are not the same as Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was riot in uk cos someone was killed. Who was killed to created the "riot" that cause those thieves to break into someones goods and steal? But even if there is riot in Nigeria, when has it ever become justifiable for people to steal? I need an answer from those two guys who said "it happens everywhere" and "people are looting in Uk as we speak". I will respond to you immediately, i'm waiting.

[size=18pt]YES I SAID IT ! It happens every fricking where. People get born every day and people get murdered also. People give alms to the needy every day and hardened criminals kill and maim too. Drug barons kill dozens every day and humanitarians sacrifice their lives for the helpless.

Nigeria is not the worst place on earth and Nigerians are not the worst people either. More than half the countries on this planet are worse places to live in and the people there even more terrible. Don't come here and call Nigerians evil people because you lost MATERIAL POSSESSIONS. People will lose loved ones to criminals tonight for absolutely nothing. It's painful to be a victim to thieves but it's not the worst thing in the world. Nigerians are just people everywhere else [/size]
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by nagoma(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
It's okay to hire your son as a special adviser in a private business, but as a public figure it stinks. It is nepotism and corruption. My son should have the freedom to walk in anytime and advise me free of charge if we both mean well for the country and the State.Leadership requires integrity. I do not see elements of integrity in this appointment.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by manny4life(m): 12:26am On Aug 12, 2011
It seems that lack of thought process and reasoning, has blinded the eyes of some of my fellow Nigerian. His son as special adviser? Please, if this was private enterprise, that's his problem, but serving under state guidelines, though legal, as some has argued but morally and ethically WRONG. Just because it's legal by all standards, doesn't make it ethical.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by hothead(m): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2011
i see nothing wrong. The man is the leader and he has the rights to choose his team. Let him be. Service & its delivery is the most important thing. talking about service, dear nairalanders my city's http://adeakure-sida.myminicity.com/ unemployment rate rose to 47% which is totally unacceptable by my government. Come and invest guys abeg, we no PROUD, just click.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Ndipe(m): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2011
It would be acceptable if it was a family owned business, but public office? This reeks of nepotism. Dont care if JFK did it or not, this is plain wrong!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Princek12(m): 4:36am On Aug 12, 2011
Issue is whether the son is qualified for the appointment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why? / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers / PPPRA: Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits N163.68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.