Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,499 members, 7,937,442 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi (510 Views)

God Forbid We Accept A Christian As Minister Of FCT, Abuja Is For Muslims / 2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / God Forbid We Support The Actualization Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
God forbid we fail with Labour’s support – Obi

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has said that it will be disappointing and damaging if the party fails to win the 2023 presidential election with the support of the labour unions.

He said that he is listening and taking note of what Nigerians want so that he will not have any reason to give excuses when he assumes duty as the president as some elected officials had done in the past.

“It will be one of the most disappointing and great damage to Nigeria’s existence if Labour goes through this effort and support somebody to lead this country and it fails, God forbid.

“So for me, I want to listen, I want to take note. That note is more important to me than anything, I don’t want to tell you people any idea, I want to listen to you, my job is to listen so that you don’t go out there giving them excuses.”

Obi, who was speaking at a retreat organised by the party in Abuja on Monday, said that Nigerians are used to hearing excuses from their elected leaders, but he has chosen to be different as the job of a leader is to solve problems and not to give excuses.

“What we are used to in this country is for people to get into office and start saying what they saw when they got in there, I don’t want to see anything when I get in there, I want to hear it now so that I will know what to do when I get in there.

“The job of the leader is to solve problems and show solutions, not to give excuses. I don’t want to go there and people will start saying I’m blaming the people in the past. If they were doing good you won’t hire me.

“So I’m being hired to solve the problem not to remind them where they are coming from, I don’t want to remind Nigerians where they are coming from, I want to start solving the problem,” he said.

The former governor of Anambra State also berated the Nigerian government over the lingering strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, saying that it is shame that the government has failed to meet up with ASUU demands since 2009.

“ASUU is on strike for seven months, you might not know that the issue they are striking for is since 2009, it is not today and they have actually gone on so many strikes about this issue.

“From 2010 they have been striking about the same issue while I was governor and if I could remember what they were demanding was about 1.3 trillion naira, you mean Nigeria could not pay that over the past 12 years?”

The two-day retreat which started on Monday with speeches from Obi, human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, among others, continues in Abuja on Tuesday with more dignitaries billed to speak.

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seriously,God forbid

2 Likes

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by nianasa: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hnnnnm
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Michelle70(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seriously this guy has no idea how to play politics, he is a political neonate full of bigotry and ethnic sentiments

If Only APC had given us Osinbajo
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Vulturereloaded: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
God Forbid.

Ill have to relocate. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Vulturereloaded: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
Michelle70:
Seriously this guy has no idea how to play politics, he is a political neonate full of bigotry and ethnic sentiments

If Only APC had given us Osinbajo

Lol. Tinubu will bring the cup of failure back for you. grin angry cheesy

2 Likes

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Michelle70(m): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Lol. Tinubu will bring the cup of failure back for you. grin angry cheesy
Shebi u know that

Lagos and Kano alone has 13m registered voters while
SE as a whole has 11m registered voters

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
Michelle70:
Shebi u know that

Attachee , stop attaching Kano to Lagos, I am Obi supporter and I hate to say this that Atiku and Rabiu kwakwanso will share large number of Kano votes leaving Tinubu and Obi some to share

Then Lagos votes , Obi will get more votes than Tinubu unless you want to deceive yourself

3 Likes

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Oxb90: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
We know that aint gonna happen, Sir. Nigerians can not tolerate another excuse from any body.

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by TheWorldNearEnd(f): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obidients shall not labour in vain.

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Vulturereloaded: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Michelle70:
Shebi u know that

Millions of Nigerian students are at home. Poverty, unemployment and insecurity have increased all over Nigeria.

Lets see how Tinubu will force APC on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Michelle70(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Attachee , stop attaching Kano to Lagos, I am Obi supporter and I hate to say this that Atiku and Rabiu kwakwanso will share large number of Kano votes leaving Tinubu and Obi some to share

Then Lagos votes , Obi will get more votes than Tinubu unless you want to deceive yourself
lets just wait till 2023, i cannot babysit a cry cry like u
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Michelle70(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Millions of Nigerian students are at home. Poverty, unemployment and insecurity have increased all over Nigeria.

Lets see how Tinubu will force APC on Nigerians.
u have no idea what politics entails
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by AliGro: 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
You will surely fail and there are no 2ways about that failure waiting for you. Know this early and know peace
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by iamwilliamsfx(m): 7:37am On Sep 14, 2022
Just viewed your profile picture
Omo you too fyn

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by etrouble: 7:39am On Sep 14, 2022
Several people have failed with Labour's support over the decades. Labourers Party have contested all elections in Nigeria since the party was registered. But, has the party won up to 1% of the positions they have contested for?
Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 14, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Omo you too fyn

Thank you

1 Like

Re: God Forbid We Fail With Labour’s Support – Obi by etrouble: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Omo you too fyn

Asewo. Make Prostitute

(1) (Reply)

My Dream About Tinubu / 2023: 7 Million Nigerians Sue INEC Over Failure To Complete Voter Registration / I’m Pained By Current Happenings In Osun –aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.