Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:05 PM

What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) (32983 Views)

Lost One Testicle / Testosterone/ Testicle Torsion / Are Irregular Bowel Movements And Testicular Ache Relevant? / A List Of Causes Leading To Testicular Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by adeloly(f): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Good morning
i was really impressed with your write up about testicular related problems

Please i wanted to ask that in a situation where one of the testicles has a small egg behind the major one (cist) i cant remember the name again,

at times it causes great pains but after taken prescribe drugs it will disappeared

Please what is the way out?
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Dagger111(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2022
Bodmum:
wetin dey twist the cord?

Over knacking and village people.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by IceColdVeins(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2022
This thing don do me before after knacking my fat ass ex gf.
I swear i couldn't move due to the excruciating pain.
Luckily, my sperm duct didn't twist much as it self-untwisted after i was lifted up and the pain fizzled away.
Omo that was the most excruciating pain that I have ever felt in life.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by olasquare: 10:29am On Sep 14, 2022
You will do well to also write about the cause and prevention of this. Thanks
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by IceColdVeins(m): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2022
It happened to me once and also happened to my cousin much earlier than mine.
In both cases, it happened after a rigorous sexual activity.
Deo1986:
OP can you please tell us the causes of TT?

2 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by IceColdVeins(m): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Hooo Haaaa..

Only God know which one dey pain pass..

This one abi say dem kick you for balls..

Only man can judge
This one mad, e don do me before, I no fit even move, na so i just lie down like log of wood, any attempt to move me k, na so so scream I dey scream like goat wey dem dey slaughter. embarassed

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Lebee4(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2022
What is the cause of TT?
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Lebee4(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2022
adeloly:
Good morning

Please i wanted to ask that in a situation where one of the testicles has a small egg behind the major one (cist) i cant remember the name again,

at times it causes great pains but after taken prescribe drugs it will disappeared

You get Testis?
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Bbbwings: 10:40am On Sep 14, 2022
Jonifi:
was it done in a general hospital or private?
General
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by adeloly(f): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2022
Good morning

Please i wanted to ask that in a situation where one of the testicles has a small egg behind the major one (cysts) i cant remember the name again,

at times it causes great pains but after taken prescribe drugs it will disappear

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by iderahezron: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2022
This is true oooo.
My experience:
As a teenager, I've undergo undecended testes surgery twice before (2yrs n 4yrs) then...fast forward to 2011 as an adult but not married, I started noticing some testicular pain on my left testes which I complained to my father back then and we went to meet a doctor, the doctor just told us then that I might need to undergo another surgery because the pain is as a result of the two surgery carried out before and he advised me then to go and marry or that I should be having frequent sex.
My father was like we need to look for herbal cure for this that since I've done the surgery twice, how are we sure that this issue will be rectify permanently with another surgery. So, we met an old man then who prepared some concoction for me to eat and gave me drink (gin mixed with black powder) to be drinking early in the morning) which I did and the pain vanished within 3days....I tot that's the end...I lost my dad in Aug 2014, two weeks after that baba also died and then I was like if this thing resurface how am I going to tackle it.
Fast forward to 2018... I start noticing a penile pain during urination and I went to meet a doctor, several tests were carried out but all were negative, she now placed me on strong antibiotics that it's likely to be infection. Later that year I started having testicular pain, that's when I remember my father n that baba...I went from one hospital to another without any success. The pain was severe and painful. I met with different doctors but no way out until another doctor now place me on one type of antibiotics like that which I don't know the name. That drug almost end my life... I started stooling (like 12-15 times a day and same during the night) from oct 2020 till today...a severe one..Now the problem is now been compounded. I did several tests, scan, etc which has gulp up to over 20M...yes 20M as at today. All thanks to a urologist, who later discovered that it is testicular torsion.
He said that the reason most doctor were unable to know is that it is of two form... Torsion and detorsion. That is the reason why it will relax itself naturally. I had to undergo another surgery on August 1st....all thanks to Almighty God and the Consultant... Now I'm battling only with the stooling of the thing. I pray that I will survive this as well.
Lessons:
1. Pls, torsion and detorsion is real and the pain is severe. If not handle within six hours, the testes will die off.
2. Meet with the right consultant
3. Don't be place on anyhow drugs pls...in order not to damage another cells. Most especially, antibiotics.
4. I will prefer you attend to your health as urgent as you notice.
5. Don't be scare to undergo surgery if you understand the principle behind it
6. Ask questions from you doctors and try to verify on Google as well.
7. Meet with different doctors at intervals before concluding on what to do. It's very important. Most of them don't understand your predicament and they are after your cash pls. And so on...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2022
Wait how the testis take twist
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by BillionKnights: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2022
emmyluizzz:
everyday new sick comes out...

the fact is we will all die one day..just do good and give your life to Christ
No be new sickness.. na accident. Try not to fight or play rough play.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by sucess001(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2022
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by bizzibodi(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2022
adeloly:
Good morning

You a female has testicles again?are you an haemaphrodite?
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Dtygz: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2022
matm:
That is why wearing of pant instead of loose boxers helps to hold the dangling testes in check against unexpected external ruptures.

grin
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Dtygz: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2022
adeloly:
Good morning

Anyone to answer this...
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by emanobis(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2022
Please what could possibly cause the twisting of the Testicular Veins(arteries)
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Shormiey(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Grab my weed to read

The mother should relax...a female friend who is a nurse don first tell me say one ball can impregnate a woman anyday anytime twice on a woman's ovulation period
Chairman...
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by IamAsiri: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2022
ecolime:
The picture gives me chills cry

We men should be respected because we go through a lot without ranting about it like the other gender.

Really? You suffer from/die of ectopic pregnancy, PCOS, fibroid, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer etc. Do you how many parts of the female reproductive system can develop issues with grave consequences? Stop shaming women. Stop talking naively about matters such as this! If you have a mum, you can ask her about the possible risks relating to reproductive health women go through versus those of men. Or better still, a gynaecologist is a better option.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Emeka71(m): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2022
Nice information.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Danniedpastor(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
TONYE001:

Orchitis is inflammation of the testis. It could be due to infectious or non-infectious causes.

Torsion of the testis is a condition characterized by the twisting of the spermatic cord. This cord contains the testicular artery which supplies blood to the testis. So, if twisted, the testis is starved of nutrient-and oxygen-rich blood. This condition can lead to inflammation (orchitis), ischaemia, and testicular tissue necrosis.

I had that Orchitis one time. It was a painful experience o.
But, after treatment I noticed that one of my testes shrunk in size (almost disappearing o). Till today its still like that.
Am I supposed to be weary of anything?

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by optimusprime2(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2022
I had this thing as early as 14yrs old...
Omo I nearly died of pain... it was untwisted manually by a doctor who knew exactly what was going on with me...
Always checkup teenage boys with testicular pain, it just might be torsion.

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by hardon1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by hardon1(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by AngelicBeing: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
sad
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by sweden: 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
ridbell01:
it was a long time but if you are in osun (ife precisely) a very popular doctor there attended to me at his private hospital because he's someone I have believe in that was why I came back from Abuja to see him.. his name is doctor Bello
Can we get his number
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by sweden: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
iderahezron:
This is true oooo.
My experience:
As a teenager, I've undergo undecended testes surgery twice before (2yrs n 4yrs) then...fast forward to 2011 as an adult but not married, I started noticing some testicular pain on my left testes which I complained to my father back then and we went to meet a doctor, the doctor just told us then that I might need to undergo another surgery because the pain is as a result of the two surgery carried out before and he advised me then to go and marry or that I should be having frequent sex.
My father was like we need to look for herbal cure for this that since I've done the surgery twice, how are we sure that this issue will be rectify permanently with another surgery. So, we met an old man then who prepared some concoction for me to eat and gave me drink (gin mixed with black powder) to be drinking early in the morning) which I did and the pain vanished within 3days....I tot that's the end...I lost my dad in Aug 2014, two weeks after that baba also died and then I was like if this thing resurface how am I going to tackle it.
Fast forward to 2018... I start noticing a penile pain during urination and I went to meet a doctor, several tests were carried out but all were negative, she now placed me on strong antibiotics that it's likely to be infection. Later that year I started having testicular pain, that's when I remember my father n that baba...I went from one hospital to another without any success. The pain was severe and painful. I met with different doctors but no way out until another doctor now place me on one type of antibiotics like that which I don't know the name. That drug almost end my life... I started stooling (like 12-15 times a day and same during the night) from oct 2020 till today...a severe one..Now the problem is now been compounded. I did several tests, scan, etc which has gulp up to over 20M...yes 20M as at today. All thanks to a urologist, who later discovered that it is testicular torsion.
He said that the reason most doctor were unable to know is that it is of two form... Torsion and detorsion. That is the reason why it will relax itself naturally. I had to undergo another surgery on August 1st....all thanks to Almighty God and the Consultant... Now I'm battling only with the stooling of the thing. I pray that I will survive this as well.
Lessons:
1. Pls, torsion and detorsion is real and the pain is severe. If not handle within six hours, the testes will die off.
2. Meet with the right consultant
3. Don't be place on anyhow drugs pls...in order not to damage another cells. Most especially, antibiotics.
4. I will prefer you attend to your health as urgent as you notice.
5. Don't be scare to undergo surgery if you understand the principle behind it
6. Ask questions from you doctors and try to verify on Google as well.
7. Meet with different doctors at intervals before concluding on what to do. It's very important. Most of them don't understand your predicament and they are after your cash pls. And so on...

Can I have the number of the doctor you met

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
THANKS FOR THE INFO!
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2022
Reading this alone is already giving me pains, omg!

sweden:

Can I have the number of the doctor you met
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Bleepbleep: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
kenlolly75:
Pls, which pill? My husband has done the surgery twice, but still reoccur. So they have to place him on Athrotec ( diclofenac) for subsiding the pain whenever he has the crisis. But lasting solution is needed.

Thanks.

I've forgotten the name of the one I used. But I can give you the doctors number to call him yourself

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Kurumaru: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
[quote author=Babastrong post=116650053][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section / I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? / Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.