Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,412 members, 7,944,078 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? (478 Views)

[new] Latest App To Burst For Clients As A Frauder / Please How Can I Start Getting Jobs Or Clients As A Website Designer / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2022
What's your worst experience with Nigerian clients as a developer?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by Savagr(m): 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
A whole lot
Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Savagr:
A whole lot
Lol like ?
Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by RepoMan007: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2022
Scam client looking to set up scam website to attract donations. Opened many fake online profiles to try to add some validation to his scam identity.
Most of the bad experiences are ignorance or selfishness based experiences.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
RepoMan007:
Scam client looking to set up scam website to attract donations. Opened many fake online profiles to try to add some validation to his scam identity.
Most of the bad experiences are ignorance or selfishness based experiences.
Wow, thats insane.
Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by 3exe3: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2022
Pricing....one wanted a fight and hotel booking website for 90k against the 150k I said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Worst Experience With Nigerian Clients As A Developer? by WebMind: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2022
I concur. Pricing is one.

- In a general sense, shifting of target or denying delivery of target.
- Another is listening to half baked opinions from audio developers and expecting one to meet the expectations formed from such opinions.
- Not understanding how hosting or domain naming works. That it needs recurrent payment and does expire.
- Changing of request halfway into project.
- Expecting you to know all back end technology just because they all deliver a HTML CSS and JS frontend.
- Not understanding that within languages, there are frameworks and one man or team cannot work with all frameworks at same level.
- Not wanting to pay for third party plugins
- Trying to be an ignorant middle man who makes all the profit. Example is a school needs a website but instead of the person contacting the developer to link them to the school, they don't and act as middlemen thereby increasing cost on actual client side, reducing incentive on developer side, and creating unnecessary friction between developer and actual client.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I’m Building A Digital Dhikr(muslim Supplication) Counter, Help Me Test It / Sleek Business And Gaming Laptops Available / Nairaland Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.