Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:14 PM

2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves (455 Views)

2023: Gen. Enenche Speaks On His Support For Peter Obi, Lekki Toll Gate / Breaking! 2023 : Gen Abdulsalami Holds Closed Door Meeting With Orji Kalu / Pendulum: Who Shall Tell The President Nigeria Is Dying? - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by owukpa(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 general election, a former Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major-General (rtd) John Enenche, has told Nigerians the factors to consider before electing the next President that would succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

In an open letter on Monday, Enenche urged Nigerians to look out for a leader who has integrity, competence, sound national economic knowledge, local and international goodwill, zero corruption/criminal records (convicted or not), and good health to withstand the demands of the office of the President.

According to him, the conditions for the office of the President should equally apply to other elective positions at national and state levels.

“My love for Nigeria is anchored on the fact that the country invested so much in my professional career development and life,” Eneche said.

“Implementation; this should be in the form of mass concurrence on the choice of the kind of President Nigerians need.

“In this regard, factors to consider should be integrity, competence, sound national economic knowledge, local and international goodwill, zero corruption/criminal records (convicted or not), and good health to withstand the demands of the office of the President.

“The conditions for the office of the President should equally apply to other elective positions at national and state levels. This comes by way of a Specified Campaign cutting across ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, which is the Strategic Best Practice for the present situation of Nigeria and should therefore be adopted.

“Thereafter, it would be reviewed and strengthened for sustainability.”

DAILY POST reports that the presidential candidates for Nigeria’s general elections in 2023 include: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu of All Progressives Congress (APC); Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); Peter Obi of Labour Party (LP); Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP); and Professor Peter Umeadi of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Others are Omoyele Sowore of Africa Action Congress (AAC); Prince Malik Ado-Ibrahim of Young Progressive Party (YPP); Professor Christopher Imumulen of Accord Party (AP); Kola Abiola of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP); Prince Adewole Adebayo of Social Democratic Party (SDP); Yusuf Mamman Dan Talle of Allied Peoples Movement (APM) and Dumebi Kachikwu of African Democratic Congress (ADC).

Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by Corridon: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2022
He meant Obi.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2022
He should come out straight so we can know how to tackle him, all this shalayeing will not help anyone. I’ve noticed all these pastors that Tinubu refused to bribe are indirectly shading him, they have neglected the work of God and focusing more on politics because of their pockets. Obi is going about bribing them with dollars but it won’t still deliver him from labouring in vain.
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by BrandBrainBox: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2022
OK.
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by gidgiddy: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2022
This lier of a General who during his time as Army spokesman said that the Army never invaded Nnamdi Kanu's house

I cant begin to describe the many lies that came from his mouth

I guess you have to be a talented lier to be Nigerian Army spokesman
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by derecho(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2022
You sef see am?
Corridon:
He meant Obi.
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by derecho(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2022
More heartache for APC+PDP
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by BrandBrainBox: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2022
Corridon:
He meant Obi.
Yes, Obi seems to fit into his description the most. But, none of them scores 100% of the guy's list. Well, Nigerians be wise. Vote only those who have your INTEREST at heart. None of the candidates is PERFECT. But, look for these qualities :

1. Does he have your interest at heart?
2. Has he shown the will power to insist on the right thing? Because, you know what? Forces will surely come to push him. Many past Nigerian Presidents had a lot of goodwill to better the country but failed because they gave in to the FORCES, leaving Nigerians to keep suffering.
3. Does he have enough CURRENT knowledge of how economies work? Why? There are jobs a President has to do by himself and not through proxies. So, current knowledge of how economies work is necessary. He/she doesn't have to be perfect in this.
4. Has he/she managed resources in the past? How well did he do that?
5. Is he grassroots-based? Nigeria needs a President who has lived with them through some of the most difficult times especially in recent years. That person will respond better to the needs of Nigerians than someone who has been aloof.

Believe me, NIGERIA can become a country that even an Nnamdi Kanu would be proud to identify with. Such a country would be very peaceful which means we ALL benefit.

Nigerians, go for leaders. Avoid the dealers. Listen to this Donald Trump-themed song telling how "Nigeria MUST be great again".
https://twitter.com/RhymespeakC/status/1569865778094014464?t=4dqy7kFc1YZ14Cn_uPTuVA&s=19

It's worth it. Please, listen.
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by Ozinlex: 9:13am On Sep 15, 2022
Rozross:
He should come out straight so we can know how to tackle him, all this shalayeing will not help anyone. I’ve noticed all these pastors that Tinubu refused to bribe are indirectly shading him, they have neglected the work of God and focusing more on politics because of their pockets. Obi is going about bribing them with dollars but it won’t still deliver him from labouring in vain.

Seems your candidate doesn't have those qualities right?....well mine does. Obidatti2023 is a goal!
Re: 2023: Gen Enenche Reveals The Kind Of President Nigeria Deserves by BrandBrainBox: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2022
Ozinlex:

Seems your candidate doesn't have those qualities right?....well mine does. Obidatti2023 is a goal!
You're funny. I'm interested in this discussion because the general hit the nail on the head about the kind of President Nigeria needs. Seun, the owner of this forum needs to hear this. People are getting angry just because Enenche mentioned the qualities Nigerians should look for.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Campaign Team Paying People Money To Attend Their Rally In Abuja / PDP Refutes Bribery Allegations Over Returned Housing Allowance / Nairalanders: Look Into His Eyes And Tell Me What You See %%%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.