Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,244 members, 7,947,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k (836 Views)

A Public Or Private University - Please Which Should I Go For? / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by injuriam(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello everyone please am trying to guide my immediate younger brother in the above choice a ittle bit confused. Kindly add your thoughts and comments on this.

He is a graduate of Engineering but have been working in a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY as an ADMIN STAFF since 2017 with a pay of 93k before tax. Also, last year he was promoted earning 104k before tax. NB: Tax and Pension will be deducted monthly.

Just last month, he told me he got a GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE job as a TEACHER with a Salary of 65k or 66k before tax. NB: Tax, Pension, etc shall be deducted.

He needs my advice considering the following career chances and being a family man with a wife and kid for now.
1. Career Growth in Engineering or becoming a Lecturer.
2. Salary wise. (Although his wife is also working at the same organization with him almost same salary)
3. Chances of securing a higher job after his ongoing masters programme.
4. Contacts he has made and met who are Lecturers (Professors, etc).
5. Other reasons.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Bright9239
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by Natural2Heal: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
injuriam:
Hello everyone please am trying to guide my immediate younger brother in the above choice a ittle bit confused. Kindly add your thoughts and comments on this.

He is a graduate of Engineering but have been working in a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY as an ADMIN STAFF since 2017 with a pay of 93k before tax. Also, last year he was promoted earning 104k before tax. NB: Tax and Pension will be deducted monthly.

Just last month, he told me he got a GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE job as a TEACHER with a Salary of 65k or 66k before tax. NB: Tax, Pension, etc shall be deducted.

He needs my advice considering the following career chances and being a family man with a wife and kid for now.
1. Career Growth in Engineering or becoming a Lecturer.
2. Salary wise. (Although his wife is also working at the same organization with him almost same salary)
3. Chances of securing a higher job after his ongoing masters programme.
4. Contacts he has made and met who are Lecturers (Professors, etc).
5. Other reasons.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Bright9239

You didn't mention the cities of the two jobs? Cost of living is not the same in two different cities.
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by Danielomisco(m): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
University job bro,higher pay,more career growth, prestige.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by Itsokayo: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
You need this advice, not your younger brother.

I'll suggest the College job.
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by AgentGoat: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Itsokayo:
You need this advice, not your younger brother.

I'll suggest the College job.
No mind him grin
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by kwaso2(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Stay with the private University.

1 Like

Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by sreamsense: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Better tell him to move to government job for job security purpose where he can go home n strike and still get pay. However, the two of them are low pay jobs, he should work on his personal skill as engineer and be self-employed unless he is a lazy type. With federal he can combine other jobs with federal jobs if he is smart engineer with relevant skills.

He can discuss with his wife to see reason why he needs to take risk of taking federal job for job security purpose as a family man. Wife can remain in the private university, it won't be easy at first move because of pay cut for the man, but surely; his skills and more time should later pay off

1 Like

Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by HarlequinLekex: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2022
AgentGoat:
No mind him grin
Even if na him,he needs advice ni not everybody love to reveal identity
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by injuriam(m): 9:42am On Sep 16, 2022
Natural2Heal:

You didn't mention the cities of the two jobs? Cost of living is not the same in two different cities.

Both are within same state and the cities are close as well..

Pls note the Technical College is State-owned.
Re: Help: Govt Job 62k Or Private University Job 96k by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Govt job go give you time to trade and make more money. E go give you pensionand gratuity and promotion but na after a long years of service grin

(1) (Reply)

Court Rules On Fg’s Suit Against ASUU Wednesday / Teach Me How To Turn My 10 Million Into 100 Million By The End Of The Year / The Negative Side Of The Student Loan Scheme You May Not Know...by greatiyk4u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.