Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,416 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain (25812 Views)

Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by oluwaseyi0: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
hope4nigeria:
forget them, I'm a Yoruba man from osun State, I don't support wickedness, Tinubu never become president, he blocked road for over 5hrs, nothing was done about it, nobody condemn such action, isn't that worse than one way traffic? What stop Lagos government from charge them to court, withdrawn drivers license, rehabilitate and retraining them. Must they create bad blood? Brainless people.

Uncle nobody asks you where you are from

everything to you is Tinubu vs Peter obi, no cares about that on this thread

and mind you Peter Obi is just a coward who chicken out of PDP where he will have had a real tangible option/route to the presidency, he allow the North/Atiku to steal his mandate and allow himself boxed up in a less-than-regional party, even in US only democrat and republican has the structure and resources to win national election how much more Nigeria

I stop taking him seriously the day he left mainstream politics, as it stands now Tinubu is the South's only chance of clinching power just as Atiku and not Kwankwaso is the North's chance, only a demented illiterate will see otherwise

Back to the matter of vehicle auctioning, ever heard of the word "Agidi Talika"? our people are too stubborn

I still see someone driving against traffic yesterday morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Thomthom(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
This is why I refused to comment or bash LASG all this while when I see pitiful faces of one way offenders.. The law is written don't drive one way why still break the law.. then when caught you start to cry... And that reporter that said Igbo woman and son cried should learn how to report a news in a disunity nation like Nigeria.. why say Igbo woman, why not A Woman and son cried.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Abizz: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
ppogba:

With due respect sir, NOT ALL of us are guilty of the offence.

If you know the consequence of taking one way and killing someone in the process, you Will never dare it.

Again, not all of us sir.
So you've knocked people down every time you drive through one-way?
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Timekeeper452: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
This is one policy of apc I agree with, I pray this is brought to every part of the country to restore sanity.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by simplesearch: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
calso:
Later, other people will complain the punishment given by the government is too stringent?

One way drivers deserve all they get. We must all be law abiding citizens.

I fully supported whatever punishment is meted out to one way drivers, if and only if that's the penalty attached to it.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Sunnymatey(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2022
Drivers should try to resist the temptation of violating traffic laws.
They must be sanity on the road.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by ppogba: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:

Your response has said it all.

Nice day sir.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by ArcFresky(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Any driver following one way must have his vehicle impounded and jailed.

The reason it is auctioned is so it cant be returned to violators illegally, 2 no space for parking and 3. Shock value, Nigerians are stubborn.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Pandev(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
driving against traffic should be totally frowned upon but that doesn't change the fact that Lagos traffic law is too draconian

the law only affects the poor

you will not see very expensive vehicles of island big boys/men being auction

whereas these rich dudes are the master of one-way violations
dumbo... before they auction any vehicle, there would have been a fine. So rich people are usually able to pay. e.g Rufai Oseni of arise tv.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by seniorkachion(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2022
My kinsman killed in Mowe, Ogun State by a driver who was driving one way will be buried later this September.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by MMempire(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2022
The sad reality of traffic violations. Team #NoSympathyToTrafficViolator
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by ArcFresky(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:

Dude one time is enough!. There is normal road, why dont you follow normal road?

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by signz: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2022
I'm so sorry for those who were injured and may the dead Rest In Peace

What of people who innocently drive into a street without knowing thatplace is a one way road? Most drivers in this state have fallen victim to this because there was no sign post indicating that youre about to enter a One way road.

For God's sake this law is draconian.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by hope4nigeria(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Uncle nobody asks you where you are from

everything to you is Tinubu vs Peter obi, no cares about that on this thread

and mind you Peter Obi is just a coward who chicken out of PDP where he will have had a real tangible option/route to the presidency, he allow the North/Atiku to steal his mandate and allow himself boxed up in a less-than-regional party, even in US only democrat and republican has the structure and resources to win national election how much more Nigeria

I stop taking him seriously the day he left mainstream politics, as it stands now Tinubu is the South's only chance of clinching power just as Atiku and not Kwankwaso is the North's chance, only a demented illiterate will see otherwise

Back to the matter of vehicle auctioning, ever heard of the word "Agidi Talika"? our people are too stubborn

I still see someone driving against traffic yesterday morning

gbenue soun ode, wetin you know. Useless agbero.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by tfelicityk(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Any (including law enforcement personnel expect for emergency case) driver following one way must have his vehicle impounded and jailed.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by terrafella(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Agbebakun22:
I was a victim last year i still had a maim or scar on my body till now, I have no sympathy for those reckless one way drivers. Its simple if u cant obey the law of people who house u then go back to ur lawless village.

So you still brought your smelling tribalism here again? I know you are a typical Yoruba man full of hate. So it is only people from other states (igbos you mean) that disobey traffic laws? Pray for wisdom.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by oli360(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2022
God punish anybody saying that the govt's punishment is too strigent. should what happened to these innocent lives destroyed by road traffic offenders happen to u b4 u know what these victims are going through?
GOVT SHOULD IMPOUND ALL OF THEM AND DASH THE CARS OUT FOR ALL I CARE.
WICKED ROAD TRAFFIC OFFENDERS
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by crafteck(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Is speeding same as driving against incoming traffick or you are brain dead. Are you Igbo ?

cry
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by tolue42(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
driving against traffic should be totally frowned upon but that doesn't change the fact that Lagos traffic law is too draconian

the law only affects the poor

you will not see very expensive vehicles of island big boys/men being auction

whereas these rich dudes are the master of one-way violations

Those rich big boys were able to meet up fined immediately, but poor people can't meet us. So their cars will be auction.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by duro4chang(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2022
calso:
Later, other people will complain the punishment given by the government is too stringent?

The punishment is not stringent

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by anonymous1759(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2022
tctrills:
The problem is mostly with the government agencies. There are never clear signs on most one-way roads. Sometimes the security agents use these to set traps for drivers. Put clear signs then you can arrest and size people's cars.

What about people that beat traffic lights is that not enough sign ? Nigerians are used to lawlessness. If you’re abiding to law in Nigeria you’re a Jew that’s how people see you .
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Are the stories real? These tweets appear to be from members in the pro-Tinubu camp of APC.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by lolu2019: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2022
calso:

my oga suffered the same fate.our safety manager. the breadwinner of the family. the last time I paid him a visit,he was using stick to walk.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Most of these one drivers are satan personified shocked angry angry

In the business district of Abuja, one mad son of bitch left the road that is as free and clear as Crystal and came for me while i was walking on the pedestrian walkway! The mofo nearly mashed my leg with his Prado Jeep.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Eluala(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2022
In addition to forfeiting the vehicle a violator driving against traffic should be liable to at least a 5 year jail term. Thunder fire all the idiots killing people on the road and those making excuses for them. Cry me a river of blood.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by RepoMan007: 10:47am On Sep 16, 2022
orazx:
Lagos State Government have paid some people 5k each to form stories.

RIP to the Dead.

One Way Driving is Bad.

We all Loss at the End both Victims and Car owners.
They paid you too right?
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by MMempire(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2022
OKOATA:
angry
A guy at my work place did this sometimes ago, he killed a boy of about 8years old. Driving one way, only God saved the fool from going to jail, he had to pay the family 2M for compensation.
They should have allowed the guy to face the law and go to jail for the offense so as to not allow any other repeated scenario from him. Will N2million bring back the dead boy or replace his persons. Some family and opportunity sha.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Agbebakun22: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2022
terrafella:

So you still brought your smelling tribalism here again? I know you are a typical Yoruba man full of hate. So it is only people from other states (igbos you mean) that disobey traffic laws? Pray for wisdom.
Oga no be only igbos they impound vehicles but na them dey cry foul. Zukwanike
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by duro4chang(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2022
hope4nigeria:
forget them, I'm a Yoruba man from osun State, I don't support wickedness, Tinubu never become president, he blocked road for over 5hrs, nothing was done about it, nobody condemn such action, isn't that worse than one way traffic? What stop Lagos government from charge them to court, withdrawn drivers license, rehabilitate and retraining them. Must they create bad blood? Brainless people.
Nobody care where you came from or your tribe. It is embarrassing when you people say I am yoruba on nairaland. Keep that to yourself. Make your point without being an ethnic bigot. Anytime people say am this or that we know it is a lie. You are not even a yoruba by the way.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:
Truth is, most of us are guilty of this one-way drive.
May we just never be caught but if caught, accept comes.

We must never drive against traffic

This prayer is for traffic offenders , it shouldn't be a prayer point in the first place. We all should learn to do the right thing.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by olalekan1(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2022
I am tempted to comment on this subject.
Let me narrate my own story.

As I was going to work this unfortunate morning, normally for me I used to leave home around 5.30 am just immediately after I have observed my early morning prayer and for me to beat the usual Lagos traffic.

I normally drive through Markaz to link capitol road and then asade to Ikeja. As a reach asade and moving to Ile Zik (i.e. the road beside the rail line), this road is not dualised with no media or road indicator. There was serious traffic all the way from capitol to Ile Zik round about and no officer to control this traffic. This traffic had forcefully made motorists to take 3 lanes leaving just one lane for the vehicles coming from Ikeja along towards age.

I did not even know how I was unfortunate to have entered the third lane. Before I knew anything, Task Force official in police uniform have blocked me. Immediately, one of the officer entered my car and drove to Bolade. No amount of begging saved me. It took the intervention of one of their Oga before my car was released to me.

My point is that, some of the offenders actually commit this offence unknowingly and because the task force have the backing of the government; there is no explanation you can give to mobile court judge to prove your point, they will judge you guilty.

Not all offenders actually killed a passerby, some may just pack their car and before they know it, task force have towed the car to their office.

We need to have Ombudsman that will hear from the offenders and defend the case very well at the mobile court.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Okhuadams(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Cantonese:

Exactly.

That’s how the passengers in one bus were encouraging the driver to ignore me. I was warning the driver to mind my car as I was on my lane jejely. The driver too did not care until he broke my side mirror. The passengers told him to ignore me and he tried. When the wahala started the passengers all ran away abandoning him to his fate. The yeye driver then started begging.
and I hope you didn't accept

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cruise Boat Capsizes In Calabar River, 11 Rescued, 3 Still Missing / Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall / Airport Workers Mishandle Travelers' Bags (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.