Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,808 members, 7,905,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Stoichkov: How Barca Rejected Chance To Sign Davies - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stoichkov: How Barca Rejected Chance To Sign Davies (136 Views)

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' / Alphonso Davies: I Wanted Messi's Shirt But He Was A Little Bit Upset / Man United Rejected Chance To Sign Zidane Out Of Fear Of Upsetting Cantona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stoichkov: How Barca Rejected Chance To Sign Davies by solbase10(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Hristo Stoichkov has revealed that he recommended Alphonso Davies as a teenager for Barcelona to sign but they rejected it.

Davies, now a star with Bayern Munich, was first spotted playing for Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS.

In an interview with TUDN, the former Bulgarian international stated that he felt disappointed that Barca snubbed his recommendation.

“I advised Alphonso Davies to Barcelona and they said no because he played in the MLS and was Canadian.

“They felt that he did not have a sufficient level for Barça.”

Stoichkov also revealed: “I also told them to take Diego Lainez, César Montes and (Hirving) Lozano but I got the same answer.”

Source:https://www.completesports.com/stoichkov-how-barca-rejected-chance-to-sign-davies/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

1xbit Your Crypto Sport Betting Portal / Boxing — Streams / Tobi Amusan: The Greatest Athlete Of All Time According To .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.