Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,452 members, 7,911,109 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:18 AM

Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State (1938 Views)

Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) / Hope Labelled A Witch Years Ago, Becomes A Wedding Best Man In Akwa Ibom / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by Djkenny080(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
CULTURAL HERITAGE OF URUAN

Uruan traditional festival Called NKIM ITONG

Uruan people in Akwa Ibom state have this miraculous tradition they display.

Don't get it twisted, this is tradition that have been practiced in many generations in Uruan and you will only witness this in Villages like Idu, Mbiakong and Ifiayong.

The people in the pictures are not harmed but they are getting freed from demonic spirit who have been tormenting them for ages.

In this traditional festival so many things occurs, like;
1. planting of plantain sucker and it grows that day and bear fruit that same day
2. Turning leaves to money
3. Sand metamorphosed to Cooked rice
4. Putting water into basket and none drops
5. Human killed by gunshot , buried but he will come back to the burial ground alive, etc.

Some see it as a diabolic practice but of a truth, it is the tradition of Uruan that harms no one.

This event or traditional display takes place once in every two years✌

Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by judatech: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
I have witnessed this in ifianyong just by the 5 star hotel...
Everybody displays their jazz
Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by powerhouse3(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2022
Atakpo ndem uraun inyang...

Seat of **** in Akwa ibom..

Origin of the great Nyong Essien...

Everlasting place of NSOM..if I go on now ,it's will bring tribal war between us and Efik ..so let me stop here.

Ntebpoh ibibio

It's was said that when my grandfather ascend the throne and a stone was sent to him all the way from Efik land ,..that the stone touch only the soil of uraun in the whole of Akwa ibom before it's was brought to my grandfather

Lastly,the uraun play thier sorcery, witchcraft in the day time ...

Nkim itong happen only on leap year and those that partake in it must find a way home else....

Apart from seating on the stone(itiad Ekpe), which was compulsory for all king lineage ,my father didn't allow us to partake in other initiation and I'm very happy for this..

Abod oo,atad oo,nnabo ,nsibidi oo,I bahn all of them , but they one that incision must be given in my body was not allowed by my father..

Uwa anem ita,..but ku ta becos of mben seh ukene ke edem...my father said that
Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by KingOKON: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
powerhouse3:
Atakpo ndem uraun inyang...

Seat of **** in Akwa ibom..

Origin of the great Nyong Essien...

Everlasting place of NSOM..if I go on now ,it's will bring tribal war between us and Efik ..so let me stop here.

Ntebpoh ibibio

It's was said that when my grandfather ascend the throne and a stone was sent to him all the way from Efik land ,..that the stone touch only the soil of uraun in the whole of Akwa ibom before it's was brought to my grandfather

Lastly,the uraun play thier sorcery, witchcraft in the day time ...

Nkim itong happen only on leap year and those that partake in it must find a way home else....

Apart from seating on the stone(itiad Ekpe), which was compulsory for all king lineage ,my father didn't allow us to partake in other initiation and I'm very happy for this..

Abod oo,atad oo,nnabo ,nsibidi oo,I bahn all of them , but they one that incision must be given in my body was not allowed by my father..

Uwa anem ita,..but ku ta becos of mben seh ukene ke edem...my father said that

You don't know anything,what is squabbles between Efik and Uruan?
The original people that called themselves Efiks not this present mixtures of all sorts, were driven out of Uruan, they came in contact with the Europeans and took advantage of the opportunity
Whatever they are practicing has it origin in Uruan
Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by powerhouse3(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
KingOKON:

You don't know anything,what is squabbles between Efik and Uruan?
The original people that called themselves Efiks not this present mixtures of all sorts, were driven out of Uruan, they came in contact with the Europeans and took advantage of the opportunity
Whatever they are practicing has it origin in Uruan
...oga history are told for a reason,...it's was said that when the European arrived the shore the found themselves in a narrow creek of ifiayong in uraun,.. which the people now direct them to big water know as Akwa akpa(big river)and ofcourse the king or t merchant then migrated to the shore and start slave trade,,which took them forward inward of cross river which they called it then ''akan aba''... survival of the fittest,..but by and by they now see themselves as different and we must give them thier space not to sound like those that question existence of south South

Nsom in uraun till present stand as the mouth piece before any Efik king is crown..

So where did I go wrong �,and they present uraun indigene are from where.
Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by KingOKON: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
powerhouse3:
...oga history are told for a reason,...it's was said that when the European arrived the shore the found themselves in a narrow creek of ifiayong in uraun,.. which the people now direct them to big water know as Akwa akpa(big river)and ofcourse the king or t merchant then migrated to the shore and start slave trade,,which took them forward inward of cross river which they called it then ''akan aba''... survival of the fittest,..but by and by they now see themselves as different and we must give them thier space not to sound like those that question existence of south South

Nsom in uraun till present stand as the mouth piece before any Efik king is crown..

So where did I go wrong �,and they present uraun indigene are from where.

For sure they and others are certainly not from Isreal Egypt or Ethiopia like those feel good fables as told just to feel special and very biblical
The migration and trace to Usakedet makes meaningful sense plus the DNA composition of the people in that region, beside I meant no insult
Re: Cultural Heritage Of Uruan People In Akwa Ibom State by powerhouse3(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
KingOKON:

For sure they and others are certainly not from Isreal Egypt or Ethiopia like those feel good fables as told just to feel special and very biblical
The migration and trace to Usakedet makes meaningful sense plus the DNA composition of the people in that region, beside I meant no insult
yea,..usak edet ..

But part of history say we are they usak edet while other say usak edet prince married the king daughter in a Akwa ibom

We learn..and you're welcome

(1) (Reply)

zxxxxx / Ojukwu Our Moses Nnamdi Kanu Our Joshua The Biblical Interconnectivity / Chinese Came From Egypt Says Chinese Geochemist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.