Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,703 members, 7,972,610 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:55 PM

ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday (2268 Views)

Strike : Court Listen To ASUU Appeals Today See Reasons / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by slyayok: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
My question is, if the court rule and give an order for ASUU to return to classes without being paid, will the lecturers obey? or ASUU will appeal the judgement and continue the strike.
sinkhole and other 'MEN THEM' Abeg make una chooke mouth put for this matter, abeg.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Lungdick: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
What was the reason for the adjournment
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by slyayok: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Lungdick: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
slyayok:
the reason is here https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/ASUU-strike-court-to-deliver-ruling-in-fgs-prayer-sept-19/

i'm not sure any judgement would be made on monday. It'll still be adjourned. I'm just predicting. I'm not sure tho'
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by slyayok: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lungdick:

i'm not sure any judgement would be made on monday. It'll still be adjourned. I'm just predicting. I'm not sure tho'
It seems the judgement will be delivered soon cos FG is telling the court the matter is of urgent importance.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Humbleyou: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
God help us
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by JJuanMiguel: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
slyayok:
My question is, if the court rule and give an order for ASUU to return to classes without being paid, will the lecturers obey? or ASUU will appeal the judgement and continue with the strike.
sinkhole and other 'MEN THEM' Abeg make una chooke mouth put for this matter, abeg.
Even if ASUU appeal that verdict, they still have to resume (stay of execution) during the appeal, while waiting for the final verdict.

What FG is telling ASUU now is for them to resume while they continue to negotiate with them.
ASUU is also telling FG to sign the "minimum" proposal that has been presented to them.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by tayewomi(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
ASUU self don tire!
before na all demands,but now its minimum
anyway since the FG prayed the hearing be given a fast attention,i think Monday will be fruitful and before Friday nxt week a final judgement may be given..Court might order ASUU to resume while negotiation continues.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by GENES11S: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the strike is not ending anytime soon regardless of who win the court case

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by JJuanMiguel: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
GENES11S:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the strike not ending anytime soon regardless of who win the court case

Are you implying that ASUU will flout a direct court order?
My worry is more about ASUU resuming unhappily.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by GENES11S: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Let's be realistic, the Court is not going to order ASUU to resume work. ASUU case is rock solid.

On the other hand, ASUU winning will not force the government to pay ASUU. The government will still say there is no money for now and only promise of future payment.
It is back to square one
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Oberhiri141(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
If the strike is called off without favouring ASUU, na students go suffer am pass. I know wetin lecturers dey take students eye do for school

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Exxxgeee: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
Oberhiri141:
If the strike is called off without favouring ASUU, na students go suffer am pass. I know wetin lecturers dey take students eye do for school
my guy, e go clear for some student eye..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Hotbreadandbean: 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If ASUU flouts court's order that means they're fighting the law abi na constitution... infact na wetin fg they find make dem use am against dem so they'll be finally disbanded but my fear be how nigerian court case dey drag unnecessarily, dem fit adjourn till next year reach sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by 2rez: 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
GENES11S:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the strike is not ending anytime soon regardless of who win the court case

God go bless you & election no go dey cum 2023 & by then, ASUU no go exist again. You will say i said so...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by SILVERLINES: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
cheesy

ASUU will not return to schools nor appeal the judgment.

Nigerian under Buhari government is a sinking ship
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by JJuanMiguel: 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

If ASUU flouts court's order that means they're fighting the law abi na constitution... infact na wetin fg they find make dem use am against dem so they'll be finally disbanded but my fear be how nigerian court case dey drag unnecessarily, dem fit adjourn till next year reach sef
According to today's report, a decision will be taken on Monday.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Hotbreadandbean: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

According to today's report, a decision will be taken on Monday.
But what if the court favors ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Itsokayo: 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
Foolish elders
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by rusher14: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Oberhiri141:

Stupid talk.

I thought they were fighting for the students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Wilson500: 4:29am On Sep 17, 2022
The case will be adjourned again
useless Court
useless ASUU
useless FG
in fact the country useless join
Mad People Everywhere angry
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by JJuanMiguel: 6:17am On Sep 17, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

But what if the court favors ASUU
Then FG must obey the court order
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Lungdick: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2022
slyayok

the case is only meant for further mention on monday. Decision won't be made on monday. It i'll still be adjourned. Even tho' fg told the court to treat it with urgency.

the judge is supporting ASUU indirectly. ASUU will win this case.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by tayewomi(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2022
Lungdick:
slyayok

the case is only meant for further mention on monday. Decision won't be made on monday. It i'll still be adjourned. Even tho' fg told the court to treat it with urgency.

this isn't true!the case on Monday is for hearing,something concrete might happen nxt week,thou maybe not Monday.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by JJuanMiguel: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
Lungdick:
slyayok

He can only show support for ASUU by declaring the no work no pay illegal.
Always adjourning the case is same as putting more misery on ASUU by making them stay longer without salary.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Until I see news confirming that ''The strike is called off", anything meeting, court, negotiation etc doesn't count. It all ends in dreadlock deadlock.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
GENES11S:

Let's be realistic, the Court is not going to order ASUU to resume work. ASUU case is rock solid.

On the other hand, ASUU winning will not force the government to pay ASUU. The government will still say there is no money for now and only promise of future payment.
It is back to square one
The fact is despite what ASUU is doing is wrong, this administration has been so myopic about the union's inflexibility.
Is this the first administration to encounter ASUU's adamancy? They have been so wasteful that they have nothing to offer, not even to tease them back to work.
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by GENES11S: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
AmazonABP:

The fact is despite what ASUU is doing is wrong, this administration has been so myopic about the union's inflexibility.
Is this the first administration to encounter ASUU's adamancy? They have been so wasteful that they have nothing to offer, not even to tease them back to work.

Don't believe them when they say there is no money.

This administration is on their last lap of looting. They know it will be over in few months time.
Settling ASUU will mean they won't have much money to share as parting gift.

ASUU has spent over 2years on strike in Buhari tenure. The sad thing is that these strikes should not have even happened if the government was serious.

The truth is any administration will always encounter ASUU demand. How they handle it depends on how long ASUU strike will be.

Right from February 14 till now, this administration has been using Iron hand on ASUU. Has it worked ? NO.

Now they want Court to Order ASUU to resume. Will it work? NO. It's like owing someone money and calling Police on the person for demanding his/her money.

Government has to change tactics if they want to resolve this issue. Iron hand does solve ASUU issues....they should take a look and history and learn from it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by Lungdick: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2022
What time are they meeting in court cry
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by slyayok: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Lungdick:
What time are they meeting in court cry
Confirmed; Judgement to be delivered on Wednesday, 21st September, 2022. Make una go pray o
Re: ASUU Strike: Court Decides On Monday by tayewomi(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
slyayok:
Confirmed; Judgement to be delivered on Wednesday, 21st September, 2022. Make una go pray o
chaii..My prediction ASUU will be ordered to resume and FG will be prayed to pay part of their salary arreas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dont Japa With Anything Called Pre-masters / University Of Abuja (remedial Studies) / Unijos Accomodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.