Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,904 members, 7,902,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? (33700 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator / My Hostile Neighbor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Wwwq: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Anyone can
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by gly(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
Preciousgirl:
My uncles plantain has fruited inside his neighbor s yard
The neighbor is claiming ownership of the plantain and threatens to harvest it soon

Please, who is right in this matter?

I know the post is for fun but that is not plantain but banana

To your question:
It is your uncle's property (na where the thing for start, grow and produce before it branched out), but there is love in sharing...your uncle can give part of the produce to him, because the dirty dey enter him neigbour house and that calls for maintenance cheesy.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by BennyDGreat: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Rtopzy:
Do leaves fall from the trees into your neighbor's compound?

Who sweeps the leaves?

If it's your neighbor, then the plantain is his.

That's not enough reason for the neighbour to claim outright ownership
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by bigboa: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
Actually, the law prescribes that anything in a person's space belongs to that person. Technically, the neighbor owns any part of the banana plant in his yard. This is why one should avoid allowing your property stray into your neighbors space. Check out this case from the UK
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5181542/family-ordered-to-hand-their-600000-home-to-neighbours-in-fence-row-reveal-they-have-no-idea-what-will-happen-to-them/
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by osazsky(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
Banhammy717:
If you harvest what you didn't plant, you're a thief, even if the produce falls in your compound.
There's an Hadith of the Prophet PBUH, that educate us on this subject matter.
tell ur prophets to focus on terrorism not banana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of 20 Buildings In Banana Island / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / Building Collapses In Obalende, Lagos. 4 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.