Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,856 members, 7,962,811 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

The Tenacity To Ask- Part 4 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tenacity To Ask- Part 4 (120 Views)

The Tenacity To Ask / The Tenacity To Ask - Being Bold Gives You A Voice. / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017 (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tenacity To Ask- Part 4 by Iambusythoughts(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2022
CHAPTER FOUR

UNEMPLOYED & PROMOTED
While going through my second divorce, I lost my job for doing what I always did in my marriage, viz. A colleague under my supervision defaulted and my boss blamed me for it, without hesitation I snapped at him without even beginning to calm the situation which I felt was unfair to another employee. After work that believing day I went to get him, I was frustrated and knew today would be my last day. The next day my boss called and asked me to come to his office, I hurried and left. Long story short,
when I arrived at the office, he called me in for a meeting and told me to submit my resignation
because he could no longer tolerate my insolence; without hesitation, I submitted my resignation.
As a Christian, I knew I had done wrong, but what's done is done, so I apologized to him and
asked permission to leave. He agreed, but was very upset about letting me go, and I was also
upset that I had snapped at him like that in the presence of my younger colleagues. To make a
long story short: After a month I got a job offer, and a few days later I was terminated for not
following simple instructions. When I lost my job a second time, I was very upset and prayed
to God for redemption and restoration, I begged him day and night, I could not rest. I
remember leaving the building and telling the manager who was processing my final
paperwork, "I am going to get my job back because I did not do anything wrong." I went home
and prayed again about my situation and asked God to take control of it. That night, God
opened my eyes to many mistakes I had made in my marriages, in my career, and even in my
finances. I began to ask God for His guidance and continued to pray persistently.
One day, as I sat in my small studio apartment on the North Side of Chicago, I heard a voice
instructing me to write a letter to top-level decision makers, which I did. After I faxed the
letter, a week passed with no response. Another week passed and still nothing. On the third
week, I received a call from a manager who introduced himself to me as the person assigned to
review my termination. This man invited me to a meeting where he set up a review committee
of managers and supervisors. These people unanimously concluded that the termination was
justified; they also recommended that I attend an anger management class. I promised God that
if He gives me a second chance, I will worship the one He sends me and treat him as my King,
which He is, and I will spread His words to the far corners of the earth; I will tell people my
story so they will know that God answers prayers. Back to the interview, God took over the
review one of the managers recommended an adjustment and a raise and also the
recommendation to assign me to another department and a new manager.
I tell you this story because no matter how difficult things may seem at times, you should
always find and keep your peace and believe that God is always in control and will fight our battle for us if we make Him our greatest ally. Psalm 105:15 says, "He says, 'Do not touch my
anointed, and do not harm my prophets.' This is an example of how God can and will fight our
battle for us; we just need to persevere in prayer and believe that He has done everything we
have asked Him to do.
In my situation with the unexpected job loss, it could have seemed impossible that I would be
invited back to work, but I refused to let the devil win. I continued to pray and ask God to help
me and give me back my job with full benefits. I knew that what was happening was an attack
by the enemy that I had allowed to happen; I reminded God that I always pay my tithes and
most importantly that I want Him to take the glory for the outcome of this situation where I
lost my job. The Bible says in the book of Isaiah 54:17, "No weapon devised against thee shall
prosper; and every tongue that rises against thee thou shalt condemn in judgment. Do not get
me wrong, when I read my Bible I never thought my attitude needed adjusting on many things,
not until my second husband divorced me, that's when I realized I had a bigger demon inside
me trying to eat me up and all I could do was feed it and let it win.
My situation, which seemed hopeless with no end in sight, became a testimony to others in a
similar situation. A month after I regained my job with an apology from the company, the
company also gave me the opportunity to choose another department, and I met my childhood
friend who had had a crush on me since I was a child. I'll tell the rest of the story another day.
As for the manager with whom the whole problem began, or for whom the devil might have
planned evil for me looked at me and said, "May the God you serve be praised for all eternity,
which ultimately led to more glory for the Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Live ECK Light And Sound Service 18th September 2022 Via Zoom / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Monday, October 10,2022 / Not Quarrelsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.