Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,586 members, 7,929,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:22 AM

London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . (14118 Views)

Man, 27, Remanded For Biting Off Police Officer’s Ear / 18-yr-old Apprentice Remanded For Raping Neighbour’s 4-yr-old Daughter / Another Nigerian Jason Akinole Is Arrested For Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Parrott: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2011
@ OP: A Nigerian, Samson Adesina, was one of the looters remanded in prison custody yesterday over their roles in the riots, which have seized British major cities for days. The 23-year-old Adesina, an electrical engineering student, was caught by one of the 8,000 surveillance cameras strategically placed in London streets, stealing a flatscreen television at the Surrey Quays Shopping Centre during the riots, The Tower Bridge Magistrate’s Court ordered that he be remanded in prison for a week for his action. With the development, he will miss his final examinations.

I smell a stinkingly dead rat here! UK unis are currently on summer holidays. I can't understand how one week remand in prison would make this chap miss his final examination. If, however, he's doing his masters degree, it may well be the case that he has a deadline for submiting his dissertation somnetime August ending or early September. Either way, the notion of missing final exams seems misleading. That said, make no mistakes, the recent looting spree involved people from different nations around the world. Until we have a breakdown of the nationalities of evryone charged and sentenced in relation to this, it is unfair to speculate or even claim that Nigerians are in the majority. Secondly, it's sad that this guy, at 23, pursuing an electrical engineering course has a bright prospect ahead of him which a criminal record potentially scuttles. Gossip thrives in this, as in other, part(s) of the world. No matter how academically sound he may have been, this is more than likely, perpetually, to cast a shadow of his integrirty. His professors and colleauges would, more than likely, have nothing good to say about him.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by igboboy1(m): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2011
Am not surprised, by their names we shall know them
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by WebSurfer(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2011
I knew it would come to all these, they are the causes of it. I mean how can they go on looting without having hoods on and with full knowledge of surveillance cameras everywhere. I saw one of the pictures where all whites were with hoods but blacks never cared about it. They should face the consequences for their low brain capacity to think.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kenzedng(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2011
It is just because he was learning how to manufacture the Flat Sceen Tv that the CCTV caught him in over-action.Engineer Adesina Samson the Powerhouse of PHCN,future Director an accomplished looter.Tomorrow he will be in Asokoro abi Aso Rock posing as a senator or rep guy.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by BetaThings: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2011
Excellent. Just excellent

I can imagine the comments if this guy's name were Sani Keita!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 8:31am On Aug 13, 2011
aloy emeka you made a very valid point there.

Besides the boy is not Nigerian,but British.something I noticed about this riot,is that some
few black boys were breaking shops,while most of the white boys were breaking and looting,this
is not the case even,on a good day white people are known to be looters,they steal anytghing.
So they should stop rubbing it on those few black boys,just because they are blacks.
If the Nigerian boy had happened to win a F1 competition,he would have be branded British.
Racists bastards. If not that our awful Nigerian Leaders cannot stop their greed,who would have even bothered
to stay in this messed up Uk!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by jido2k(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2011
It wasn't just Nigerians read about other people which include a a ballerina, a journalism student, a teaching assistant, a millionaire’s daughter and 2012 London Olympics ambassador.

http://amebor.com/london-riots-shots/
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kandiikane(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2011
Goldieluks:

aloy emeka you made a very valid point there.

Besides the boy is not Nigerian,but British.something I noticed about this riot,is that some
few black boys were breaking shops,while most of the white boys were breaking and looting,this
is not the case even,on a good day white people are known to be looters,they steal anytghing.
So they should stop rubbing it on those few black boys,just because they are blacks.
If the Nigerian boy had happened to win a F1 competition,he would have be branded British.
Racists bastards. If not that our awful Nigerian Leaders cannot stop their greed,who would have even bothered
to stay in this messed up Uk!
Gosh, should I not be the one getting the credit?

Anyways,  you cannot say there were a "few" blacks guys breaking shops and "more" whites breaking and looting because in London alone I saw more blacks than white or Asian.
That been said, it is not how many blacks or whites but how many Africans(real Africans, born in Africa and grew up in Africa) broke in and looted? I believe non and all these people were british born because I know for sure no African parent will allow their children to do what has been done or be outside by 10pm. .Only a useless African parent. .
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2011
They did it for the fun of it,but the destruction was unfortunate.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2011
kandiikane:

Gosh, should I not be the one getting the credit?

Anyways,  you cannot say there were a "few" blacks guys breaking shops and "more" whites breaking and looting because in London alone I saw more blacks than white or Asian.
That been said, it is not how many blacks or whites but how many Africans(real Africans, born in Africa and grew up in Africa) broke in and looted? I believe non and all these people were british born because I know for sure no African parent will allow their children to do what has been done or be outside by 10pm. .Only a useless African parent. .

Something you should know is that,the media focuses on Blacks mostly,instead of doing it fair,and focusing on whites too,
that is what they do,they always look for every means to paint black people as BAD!which is very unmindful and racist of them.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Galaxy7: 11:11am On Aug 13, 2011
Some body should just spare me some sentimental bull shit here,evil is evil,it does not pay period!!!!!!!!!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kandiikane(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2011
Goldieluks, it is common sense, especially if you live in or have family members living in the affected areas in london. . Majority of photos were taken by people. . It was a mixture of all races but blacks were the majority. . We don't have to paint the media black(mind the pun) by saying they only took photos of blacks when those who live in affected areas actually saw what went on and took photos.

Stop the boohooing about how racist the media is or how they all hate blacks in the end if the media has anything to hate is the youth culture and this includes all race.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2011
Kandikanne,

I see what you mean,but if you had watched ''question time'' on BBC 3 ,last night,you would have gotten a wider picture
of what am talking about.I ma talking from a general point of view here,yes there are black majority in Hackney and Croydon area,
and so it white majority too. All am saying is they should be fair in their judgement,instead of being biased.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by houvest: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2011
This is so terribly sad. The most annoying one is the guy that drove into a crowd killing 3 persons and the malaysian student they robbed pretending to help. England really needs to rethink her policies to the youths. Such a looting spree by youths in a so-called first world country leaves nothing to be desired. They are losing their next generation badly.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kandiikane(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2011
Goldieluks, you are not the only one who has tv and sky. . grin Yes, if you must know, I watched question time special the night before and young voters' question time last night. .

Noone is been biased, even on fb(on pages about the riots) people have accepted that the riots were by youths from different races except of a racist few. Since you touched on the subject your self that "whites" looted more than "blacks" you are been biased here because if we all have to be honest we will see that there were more of your people(not my people because I am African and they are not) to that of white or asian. The point I am making is whether they are black or white or asian they are not Africans and I am happy with that.

Did you see that picture of a guy who went to an African food restaurant and made himself a bowl of eba and something that looked like draw soup with spinach and skynews assumed he was of African descent. .
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by humanhair1: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2011
Hello, Are you looking for AUTHENTIC 100% human hair, look no further!! Kennyosi's hair offers quality, original and value for money!!
From lengths as short as 14 inches to long ones of 32inchs!!!inches We offer 100% human hair and a wide range of hair products to keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant. Where else can you find top of the line human hair at such affordable prices.
Kennyosi’s hair is guaranteed to last you several years, without shedding or thinning.
We offer all the options you could possibly think of concerning human hair.
We have a wide range of different textures of hair from bone straight , wavy, curly and even to extreme curl.
Our hair comes in natural colours such as various shades of black and brown. High pitch colours such as blonde are available.

Call Now: 08058817628,08096647092

Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2011
Kandikanne I don't mean it that way,everybody got tv,but some people may
havemissed the programme.Anyways I still stand against the fact that there are some biased
statements made by the media.
Cheers! smiley
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by rhymz(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
Now this is plane BS, innocent people or bystanders are going to fall victims to this so-called technology employed. How can you claim to identify somebody who has covered their face with a hooded top, big dark glasses and scarf by merely comparing pictures posted on facebook, or by the way they walk, aint that bullshit? Like they already have their suspects and the next thing is comparing features and all that crappy tales of unmasking them. Abeg make person hear word jare from this oyinbos sef, they like to present their assumptions if they were actually the case. Scheeew CCTV ko AIT camera ni. Na today we don dey hear all that hollywood exaggeration of crime investigations? Catch ppl with coverings all over their body na magic?
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lastpage: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
Crime like looting is very bad! You do the crime, you spend the time, simples.  wink

Lets stop putting "a color or race" to the riot, brown people (whether African born or British born) took part in the looting.
Caucasians (whites as they like to be called) also took part in the looting so, what the heck do we need to identify them by "color or race"?

Why focus "excessively" on the "brown-people" part? or was it a brown person that opened the bag of an INJURED MALAYSIAN STUDENT, pretending to help him while lifting property from his backpack? That guy was as whitey as any Caucasian can be!

But l dont see him as "white", l just see him as a criminal, like any of those "brown skin" that a took off with a Plasma!

Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by chibaby5(f): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2011
Only one Nigerian remanded ? shocked Ok I suppose few more to be named
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by coogar: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2011
Parrott:

@ OP: A Nigerian, Samson Adesina, was one of the looters remanded in prison custody yesterday over their roles in the riots, which have seized British major cities for days. The 23-year-old Adesina, an electrical engineering student, was caught by one of the 8,000 surveillance cameras strategically placed in London streets, stealing a flatscreen television at the Surrey Quays Shopping Centre during the riots, The Tower Bridge Magistrate’s Court ordered that he be remanded in prison for a week for his action. With the development, he will miss his final examinations.

I smell a stinkingly dead rat here! UK unis are currently on summer holidays. I can't understand how one week remand in prison would make this chap miss his final examination. If, however, he's doing his masters degree, it may well be the case that he has a deadline for submiting his dissertation somnetime August ending or early September. Either way, the notion of missing final exams seems misleading. That said, make no mistakes, the recent looting spree involved people from different nations around the world. Until we have a breakdown of the nationalities of evryone charged and sentenced in relation to this, it is unfair to speculate or even claim that Nigerians are in the majority. Secondly, it's sad that this guy, at 23, pursuing an electrical engineering course has a bright prospect ahead of him which a criminal record potentially scuttles. Gossip thrives in this, as in other, part(s) of the world. No matter how academically sound he may have been, this is more than likely, perpetually, to cast a shadow of his integrirty. His professors and colleauges would, more than likely, have nothing good to say about him.

if you smell a stinkingly dead rat, then the rat is probably in your nostrils.
samson adeshina has been remanded for a week, he has not been sentenced yet. . . . .he was remanded because the judge wants his case to be transferred to the crown court. he has been sent to the crown court because he will likely get more than 6 months imprisonment. any offence that attracts more than 6 months imprisonment cannot be tried in a magistrate court. if he gets more than 6 months imprisonment, he would miss his exams next january/february(assuming he's still an undergraduate).
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by rollingon: 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by londoner: 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2011
This is bad for a country whose reputation is already in tatters. If I'm honest I thought there would be more. Maybe more names are to come. There are already four Ghanaian boys that have been arrested.

Even if they are British born, they should know we are not the same as those whites born here, it becomes clearer when negative things happen.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
very bad of those disgraceful fellows to this great country of mine
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by emofine(f): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2011
So whilst all his colleagues covered face after stealing common crisps and coke, Mr Man kon dey carry flat screen TV waka freely shine all hin 32 ready for cctv camera come capture

It serves to highlight that the majority of these looters had no real political agenda and were caught up in the movement immitating riots elsewhere, so na follow follow don land am enter jail now eh

na only Water Stone dem no fit enter grin
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lastpage: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
I hope to review the "sentences" at the end of the day, in line with the offenses committed (most are looting/Stealing destruction of public property).

Could there be a possibility that:

1.) The dark skinned looters are being sentenced[b] FIRST[/b]?
2.) Could it be they are being handed a HEAVIER sentence that their "Caucasian" co-looters?

Lets hope there is fairness in dispensing Justice.

By the way, if l were the Judge, l would not make a "Criminal" out of these girls/boys who just have a "moment of madness", judging by their "previous record" of good behaviour and promising future.
No need to kill a fly with a sledge hammer, am sure the "message is well understood.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
Lots of black youths were involved.  angry

So bad, other minorities are heaping the blame on us ~Turkish, Sikhs, Asians et al

Undoubtedly the right wing tabloids love to incite sentiments and have no qualms mentioning your parent's country.

I assure you this is not the last 'Nigerian' name to crop up.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lepasharon(f): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2011
if anything turkish ppl are worse than blacks! ^
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by coogar: 11:55pm On Aug 13, 2011
lastpage:

I hope to review the "sentences" at the end of the day, in line with the offenses committed (most are looting/Stealing destruction of public property).

2.) Could it be they are being handed a HEAVIER sentence that their "Caucasian" co-looters?

By the way, if l were the Judge, l would not make a "Criminal" out of these girls/boys who just have a "moment of madness", judging by their "previous record" of good behaviour and promising future.
No need to kill a fly with a sledge hammer, am sure the "message is well understood.

most of these offences wouldn't even get to court under normal circumstances. the police would only caution the offenders and let them go - but david cameron had told the judges all the offenders must be convicted and the ones guilty must go to prison. a youngster was verbally abusive to the police and he got 6 months. . . . .that is definitely politically motivated. . . .under normal circumstances, he won't be detained let alone taken to court. cameron is trying to make these lots scapegoats and to serve as deterrents to others.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2011
lepasharon:

if anything turkish ppl are worse than blacks! ^

What I'm tryna say it's people are using this to score cheap points,

even would be terrorists are pointing fingers saying how it was ramadan and how others have always being jealous? of them
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 14, 2011
lastpage:

Dude, so far I've seen people of all creed sentenced,
heck, an english dude was done 6 months for stealing £3.50 bottled water from Lidl  shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash / School Watchman Commits Suicide In Gombe / Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.