Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,771 members, 7,879,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:40 PM

The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) (40902 Views)

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by ufuosman(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2022
Naija which way
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by HocusPocus: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2022
Ikennaford:

That's $8 here in l.a still cheaper In Nigeria
undecided undecided undecided
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by saintkeppy(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I live in Calabar too... And I concur what the OP has said.
At Least oranges can still be seen for that amount...You can't even see N100 worth of bananas again in Calabar .

Sometimes I don't know why fruits is expensive in Calabar, when Benue State, known for fruits farming is close to the State by Ogoja LGA, in Uyo fruits is affordable, atleast there's #100 banana, 2 oranges for #50, cucumber #50 or #100 depending on size, average size pineapple is like #300.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Preciousgift90: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2022
It's general in Lagos now, the one I bought yesterday is just like this and is sold 2 for 100, sizes a bit bigger than this one sold 1 for N100
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by chukxie(m): 11:37am On Oct 01, 2022
Oranges grow in Nigeria. As do bananas, and other seasonal fruits and vegetables. These fruits have been growing in some farmers orchids for years. So, why the hike in the prices of these and more locally grown produce? Wickedness and greed of the black man! Some people are so evil that they lie in wait for opportunities to exploit their fellow citizens.

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by IncredibleWrite: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2022
omenka:
There's nowhere you could get 100 naira yam in Benue state anymore though, not even in Zaki Biam market. The least you can find is 250 naira.

Bought about 40 to be waybiled to PH today at 400 naira a tuber, but they were quite sizeable though. Maybe they could cost 600 or more down there.
A tuber of yam here in PH is 1k+ depending on size. About 4 tubers of the big size is 5k.

I made sure I bought some with lots of Oranges on my way back from Benue last month.

Prices of things for PH here na war
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Braun007: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
U sure say no be tangerine u buy?
Johnnyboy6757:
please where in Calabar did u buy this oranges?? Because I just bought mine. I bought 5 piece of oranges for 100 naira just this evening. So please stop spending fake news. Thanks
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by taiocol: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
It's 5/6 oranges for #100 from calabar south to municipal.. Stop spreading lies
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by ufotunang: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2022
Buhari and APC will not kill Nigerians of hunger .. nigerians are now obi-dient
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by LoveThemChubby(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2022
ninoha:
We should be asking those who called themselves our Leaders
Which leaders? Southerners just like exploiting themselves. Even in sokoto that is 3-4 times father from Benue than calabar, you can get like 4-5 of these oranges for 100. So why blame the government for what is obviously the greed of the people?

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by joshmee4real(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2022
You are lucky, they even peeled it.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
That's how it is,
Small sized oranges are 2 for #100 while big sized oranges are 3 for #200
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Feelings79: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I live in Calabar too... And I concur what the OP has said.
At Least oranges can still be seen for that amount...You can't even see N100 worth of bananas again in Calabar .
lies from the pits of hel.l just relocated to Calabar from Benue state a few days ago and I was surprised at how cheap banana is in this place.l got three for hundred naira and that's way cheaper than Benue state.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Feelings79: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
taiocol:
It's 5/6 oranges for #100 from calabar south to municipal.. Stop spreading lies
are you minding some nairalanders? their own is to be spreading hate and lies all through.l just bought four at Atimbo for that same hundred bucks

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by OcheAlexander(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2022
Come to my state Benue and buy 200 naira 1 bucket, this orange is 50 naira orange in Benue, Benue it will be 3 oranges for 50naira
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Kokoboss: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:

The economic situation is very saddening.
there's no hope in this country.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by HRMK: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
what do you expect when you dont even grow them here?they are all brought from our foreign neighbours!
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by luckingto50: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
omenka:
Oranges that are rotting away and wasting in Benue state. They literally beg you to have some for free when you show any interest in buying.

Smh.
Na cost of transportation they cause am. Even in Abuja na the same thing.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by phemmyfour: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:
APC government has tumbled and somersaulted this country.

You mean I can't even afford oranges in my own country anymore?

5 oranges for N200 and 2 for N100?

What is this?

How many are in your area?

I won't tell you who to vote for but vote wisely!
You have to post it twice to make it plenty
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by rezzy: 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
Ikennaford:

That's $8 here in l.a still cheaper In Nigeria

Humm, $8 for two oranges, this is imppossicant

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by NELOZARA(f): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2022
Very true. I am in calabar too. And I bought 2 PCs for 100 naira

You'd be surprised to know that same orange rots and waste away in the same Calabar.

Nigerians are quick and eager to blame their leaders but Nigerians are their own problems.

It's not scarcity of oranges that caused the price hike. It's greed and lack of economic literacy.[/quote]
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by NELOZARA(f): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Oranges are expensive here in calabar. Precisely municipal. I bought 2 pieces for 100 and was told 5 PCs 200. I don't know about banana cos I planted them and plantain in my farm. So, he did not lie
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Slurity(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:

What is this?

each of that orange cost 10 directly from us the farmer. It's drop to less that #5/one If you are buying in bags.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Fafa4: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Why will people not blame the leaders?Can people go to their farms without fear of being kidnapped or butchered by heard men?Who is in charge of the security of lives and properties?
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by millionboi(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2022
shortIGBOman:
This is #700 worth of Oranges here in the EAST. Cost of living is too high here. People can no longer afford to feed themselves. Buhari, biko come to our aid.
you are calling buhari that push you into the dump to come for your rescue
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Happened: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
Racoon:
Wanted to buy some on my way from work today @ Bode Thomas. It was 5 small piece of oranges for #400 xPlug
It is so terrible.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by blackpanda: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2022
OnceADay:

What is this?

What has voting got to do with price of goods. You guys never learn. Next year will still be the same, complain about politians
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Amasimichael: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
please where in Calabar did u buy this oranges?? Because I just bought mine. I bought 5 piece of oranges for 100 naira just this evening. So please stop spending fake news. Thanks

This is not fake. Watt market and Marian market are the two most popular markets in Calabar. And if u check any of these markets oranges sells at #200 for 5.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by cocolacec(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Mrpojj:

Which area

Ibokun,Osun State direct from farm
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Mrpojj(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2022
cocolacec:

Ibokun,Osun State direct from farm
Okay
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Feelings79:
lies from the pits of hel.l just relocated to Calabar from Benue state a few days ago and I was surprised at how cheap banana is in this place.l got three for hundred naira and that's way cheaper than Benue state.
Pls tell me the place you were able to buy 100 naira bananas in Calabar... I would like buy for myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite / Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins / Alomo Bitters Aka Casapreco: Whats The Big Deal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.