Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,070 members, 7,916,124 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:57 PM

Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail (578 Views)

Those Supporting Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Declare Jihad For Christian-Christian / Mass Defection Hits APC In Kebbi As Aliero Joins Senate Leader, Others In PDP / Shehu Sani Name Missing As Mass Exodus Hits APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by November1857(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dogara hits APC, says Muslim-Muslim ticket will fail

The adoption Muslim-Muslim ticket by the All Progressives Congress for the 2023 presential election is a fruitless political effort that has been doomed to end in spectacular failure, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara predicted on Tuesday.

He also took to cleaners the insistence by the presidential candidate of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on presenting Muslim-Muslim presidential candidates, despite a national outcry.

Dogara expressed his views in Abuja while delivering his keynote address at a summit tagged, ‘Meet The Church,’ organised by the Nigeria National Christian Coalition with the theme: ‘The role of the church in nation-building’.

He said, “In their convoluted posturing, they have placed state-building ahead of nation-building; a task never before achieved in history and we need no seer to tell us that such endeavor is guaranteed to end in spectacular failure. No divided people have ever built any civilization

“I am so elated that today’s church in Nigeria has shaken off the beast of the complacency of the past into fire by speaking up and resisting measures adopted by some political platforms that will hamper nation building.

“In a manner that negated the fundamentals of nation building, such as shared identity, values and visions, the APC adopted a same faith ticket in a country that has never attained nationhood.”

According to him, long before the adoption of the same faith ticket, the church had warned against it through the Christian Association of Nigeria, Catholic Secretariat, ECWA and so many other Christian organisations.

Dogara said, “These warnings were not only ignored but dismissed in one fell swoop by the APC presidential candidate who strangely believes that he can build a strong, secure and viable nation-state without first forging a shared identity, vision and values for our people thereby enabling us transit from citizens of a country into a nation of people with strong shared identity and values.

“To demonstrate that the church is right, it is not alone in condemning the same faith ticket. Other prominent Islamic clerics and Muslim leaders have also spoken in the same light.

“It is a good omen that both Christian and Muslim elites are not complacent over this matter. To this end, it will be easy to generate the needed elite consensus that is key to nation-building. All nations are built by elite consensus while all countries that failed in nation-building were destroyed by elite complacency.”

The former Speaker also called on Christians to resist the temptation to waste their votes in the 2023 general elections.

“Every Christian knows that our God does not tolerate waste. It is unchristian for the church to waste anything given to us from above as we own nothing except what is given to us from above.I have gone to great lengths to demonstrate that the church must not waste its votes or sow same on unproductive grounds.

“Every Christian must see his vote as talents given to him by God to trade with and as seeds that must not be wasted.

“The only way we can build a nation out of Nigeria is by doing the right things. A united, inclusive, peaceful and prosperous Nigeria is possible if we go to work. We can start building that Nigeria of our dreams if we don’t waste our votes in the next election circle”, he said.

At the event, the convener of NNCC, Apostle Titilope Oluwadare, regretted that the church at present is playing a mere reactionary part in Nigeria’s political process.

She said that in every great nation the main stakeholders engage and negotiate power, positions and policies.

Oluwadare said it was time for Christians to understand that until the church engages and brings forth her interests and drives them into ideas and fashions out political strategies, the system will not be sanitised.

“Therefore, we may continue in the circle retrogression in the nation and the situation continues to deteriorate even further,” she said.

The Vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party and Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, represented by Senator Uche Ekwunife, told religious organisations and groups to show interest in engaging not just a political class, but the three arms of government as major stakeholders in Nigeria projects, especially on sensitive national issues.

He explained that by doing so, a lot more would be achieved in nation-building.

Okowa said although it might seem long overdue, Christians should navigate their way into the process of leadership in Nigeria.

He explained that Nigerians were tired of politicians who chant the problems bedeviling the nation but lack concrete solutions to the challenges.

“We know the challenges. We don’t want people to come and tell us our challenges. We want people to tell us the solutions to our problems because our problems and tomorrow’s anybody engaging your political platform”, he said.

https://punchng.com/dogara-hits-apc-says-muslim-muslim-ticket-will-fail

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by Givemehope(f): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
May anything not in the general interest of Nigerians fail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by yinkus6750(m): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
Those around him actually positioned him for failure.
A project you rejected in 2015 as PMBs VP, you now promoting .
What has changed within the past 7 years?
We shall surely see the end.
It's a game of chess.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by mymadam(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
Very likely, but...
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lol this guy is still bitter.

Where is the other grass cutter man, is he also still bitter?

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
My problem is that Nigerian Christians are easy by overs. Once they see money, they lose their senses.

Later same Christians will turn and be shouting they are killing Christians in Nigeria.
No single Christian, I repeat no Christian will have the courage to float Christian-Christian ticket. None at all.

I trust Muslims to do a protest vote and send his career packing. Muslims can hardly be bought over with money. Sometimes I laugh when Christians accuse Muslims of trying to Islamise them. Why won't you be Islamized when you have so much lust for money?

Muslims in the north are even agitating more against Muslim Muslim ticket than the Christians. Tinubu intentionally insulted Christians and decided to rub salt on injury when he hired fake bishops. How many Christians can courageously hire fake Imams? Give them quran to go to a political gathering? How many? We Christians should reduce our lust for money so that we can earn respect.

If you are a Christian and get bought over to vote this Muslim Muslim ticket, I pity your generations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
My problem is that Nigerian Christians are easy by overs. Once they see money, they lose their senses.

Later same Christians will turn and be shouting they are killing Christians in Nigeria.
No single Christian, I repeat no Christian will have the courage to float Christian-Christian ticket. None at all.

I trust Muslims to do a protest vote and send his career packing. Muslims can hardly be bought over with money. Sometimes I laugh when Christians accuse Muslims of trying to Islamise them. Why won't you be Islamized when you have so much lust for money?

Muslims in the north are even agitating more against Muslim Muslim ticket than the Christians. Tinubu intentionally insulted Christians and decided to rub salt on injury when he hired fake bishops. How many Christians can courageously hire fake Imams? Give them quran to go to a political gathering? How many? We Christians should reduce our lust for money so that we can earn respect.

If you are a Christian and get bought over to vote this Muslim Muslim ticket, I pity your generations.

All this lamentations to push anti-religious sentiments to aid your candidate?

You guys will also be the one to cry blue murder when other people exploit tribalism side also to aid their candidates.

So if you can campaign with anti-religious sentiment against my candidate, why can’t I campaign using tribalism?

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by floret23(f): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
LegendHero:

You guys will also be the one to cry blue murder when other people exploit tribalism side also to aid their candidates.

So if you can campaign with anti-religious sentiment against my candidate, why can’t I campaign using tribalism?
You as a MuhamMadian, can you ever accept christian-christian ticket? Be truthful to yourself. I am a yoruba christian from Osun State and I will never vote muslim-terrorist ticket. This is the mind of most southwest christians. Muslim-Muslim is an insensitive inconsiderate move. No sane and honest muslim will support it.
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by floret23(f): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

The issue is not that people will sell their conscience. That allegation is not common to real christian.

The problem is that some Christians are complacent concerning politics and indiferent to elections. They don't participate in the process of electing their leaders.
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by Tboy222: 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
Well next year would decide, I think tinubu had everything thought out before making shettima his choice.
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
floret23:
You as a MuhamMadian, can you ever accept christian-christian ticket? Be truthful to yourself. I am a yoruba christian from Osun State and I will never vote muslim-terrorist ticket. This is the mind of most southwest christians. Muslim-Muslim is an insensitive inconsiderate move. No sane and honest muslim will support it.

—Lol, Awolowo ran Christian-Christian in both 1979 and 1983, almost all Yoruba voted him on both occasions. Go and verify!

—Abiola ran a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 1993, almost all Yoruba voted him on that ticket.

It’s only a Yoruba lady with hairy chest and yam leg that will talk like you just did. Even when Iyanmiliii people live within Yorubaland for a thousand years and speak Yoruba fluently, we can still smell them out with how they talk.

I have water to give you if you’re thirsty tho Iyanmiliii.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2022
floret23:
The issue is not that people will sell their conscience. That allegation is not common to real christian.

The problem is that some Christians are complacent concerning politics and indiferent to elections. They don't participate in the process of electing their leaders.
You are right sha
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
LegendHero:

Nobody is pushing anti-religious sentiment.
Good Muslims know that part of God's teaching is equity and Justice. Only fake like you love injustice
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Nobody is pushing anti-religious sentiment.
Good Muslims know that part of God's teaching is equity and Justice. Only fake like you love injustice

Lol you can only fool your fellow Obituarists.

Even the lunatic Obi couldn't hide his biases coz that guy just dey go church wey he never step into before. The mugu even went to Redeem before Pastor Adeboye ignored him completely.

Wetin concern God with presidency? Shey Nigeria is using biblical constitution ni?
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol you can only fool your fellow Obituarists.

Even the lunatic Obi couldn't hide his biases coz that guy just dey go church wey he never step into before. The mugu even went to Redeem before Pastor Adeboye ignored him completely.

Wetin concern God with presidency? Shey Nigeria is using biblical constitution ni?
Everything concern God with presidency. Your hypocrisy will kill you fast if you fail to repent.
Muslims would not want Christian Christian ticket. I know good Muslims will hate what Tinubu did. Only Muslims like you that does not practice will like such injustice. Shame on you.
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Everything concern God with presidency. Your hypocrisy will kill you fast if you fail to repent.
Muslims would not want Christian Christian ticket. I know good Muslims will hate what Tinubu did. Only Muslims like you that does not practice will like such injustice. Shame on you.

If everything concern god with presidency and we’ve been having bad leaders since 1960 while god suppprted it, then why should we still look onto that god for 2023?

Except if that god is the one the albino fugitive Kanu is sacrificing his fellow Biafran terrorists to every Monday in alaibo.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by Spicycat(f): 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
floret23:

Politics is about personal interest, if you carry this your hate filled mind into the real world you will never benefit anything in your life unless such things are connected to christianity.
And how do you come about calling someone a terrorist without any prove to show for it? How will you fill if someone called your dad a terrorist? Purge your heart from religious hate.
Come into the company of all this politicians and you will understand that none of them give a sh*t about religion issues but how they will benefit from the next election, this idiot Dogara was hoping Tinubu will pick him as running mate but when it backfire he torn to religion blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by Duru009(m): 12:37am On Sep 21, 2022
THIS one is already on his way back fully to PDP.....

#watchout
Re: Dogara Hits APC, Says Muslim-muslim Ticket Will Fail by Mynd44: 5:01am On Sep 21, 2022

(1)

Can Any Tinubu Urchin Do This? / Only Two Ways By Which APC And PDP Can Defeat Peter Obi / I was glad to discuss my vision for a New Nigeria with the team from BBC - Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.