Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,865 members, 7,931,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 02:39 PM

Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina (14825 Views)

Japa: The Future Of Our Youths Not In Europe But In Nigeria – Adesina / 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by EmiLoKanMyAss: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
We did .. it has always been a seasonal enjoyment sh!t especially during the raining season.
Ijaya123:

So why didn't we enjoy this kind of relatively steady power supply in previous raining seasons?

And whose fault is this?
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Reference(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
God1000:
Truly there's power improvement for some weeks now, but it's too early to start celebrating because this is Nigeria

Can't remember the last time I used my air conditioners at home and the fridges seem to be off most of the time.
That is the simple reason.
As soon as the rains abate and the winter heat arrives then we can conclude.
Its cyclical.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Josephkabila12: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Light dey try. Rain dey fall now for my area light dey
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by adioolayi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
This Adesina sef....he usually sounds confused and tiring grin cheesy grin

There is no way you go work with this government and something wouldn't have touched your ways of reasoning..

In an effort to justify failure for good performance..you end of confusing yourself further grin cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by t2luv1: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kasssandra:

Well, the dams don't supply most power in Nigeria....86% of our power comes from thermal/gas power.....plus they would work at full capacity so long as the reservoir is filled to the brim.

It is when the water level in their reservoir dropped below critical...like after a prolonged drought...which we haven't had in a while...that we would then begin to see power cuts from the dam power supply. (A hypoithetical example would be it does not rain for 9 months from next month....).

Company Type Capacity
Kainji Jebba Power Plc Hydro 1,330MW[1]
Ughelli Power Plc Gas 942MW[12]
Sapele Power Plc Gas 1,020[12]
Shiroro Power Plc Hydro 600MW[12]
Afam Power Plc gas 987.2MW[12]
Niger Delta Power Holding Company gas 5,455[12]
IPP's gas 1,392[12]
Egbin Power Plc Gas 1,020MW[12]

You notice one missing element in this grid, COAL Nigeria has abundant of coal in the East why not use it to generate electricity and please you climate Taliban can just shut the heck up. India/China uses coal for 60% of their electricity
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by pongwa(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Khaysee: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Cant we start with 24hrs electricity in 6 states then little by little capture all

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
t2luv1:

Company Type Capacity
Kainji Jebba Power Plc Hydro 1,330MW[1]
Ughelli Power Plc Gas 942MW[12]
Sapele Power Plc Gas 1,020[12]
Shiroro Power Plc Hydro 600MW[12]
Afam Power Plc gas 987.2MW[12]
Niger Delta Power Holding Company gas 5,455[12]
IPP's gas 1,392[12]
Egbin Power Plc Gas 1,020MW[12]

You notice one missing element in this grid, COAL Nigeria has abundant of coal in the East why not use it to generate electricity and please you climate Taliban can just shut the heck up. India/China uses coal for 60% of their electricity

Erm, I think you are adressing a different thing from what I am adressing....
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Ykc2(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
God1000:
Truly there's power improvement for some weeks now, but it's too early to start celebrating because this is Nigeria
improved power supply for a weeks according to you for government that will leave in next 6 months,people like you are the reasons why we will remains backwards country
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Bluntemperor: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
proff010:
Almost 24 hrs power in my area now but could it be because of rain

You people should tell Us your Area or Region to Lalastclala- as a gauge to Public cry for light to average Nigerians!
My Area so ,so ,so, has light!,
These Discos are failure,as they are only concerned about their bosses living in one area,then the light will be stable!
What we Nigerians want is total Industrialization!
- When there is constant lights ( 24/7) you will see major developments all over Nigeria, with major technological breakthroughs.Therefore, DISCOS are not doing anything new by rotating lights or by not giving lights at all!
Govt, should take over these dead Parastatals, including Discos,as they are not adding anything .
This is 21st -Century for God's sake!
Americans are already living in the Moon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
Zorn:
At the peak of dry season, there's always a drastic drop in the volume of water in the dams in northern Nigeria, that's why there's always a drop in the hrs of power supply per day

Yes, but most of our supply still comes from gas...plus even with the rain most parts of Nigeria have bad supply. (depending on the band you live in)

. But if you feel Buhari has attended some watt to the national grid you can state The particular power plant the boost is coming from . You can aswell compare the hours of power supply per day as to what you will get in dry season if no new power plant is added to improve the the wattage.
[/quote]

That's the problem I have with you guys...the minute someone disagrees with you or says something different from you, he must be supporting Buhari... grin

Well, the fact is, as I have said upthread, there is no improvement. Improvement is us generating close to 50000mw with ability to transmit most of it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by bn2murphy(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
The government of yahoo men,.
Spoke man of 419 government.
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/buhari-has-improved-power-supply-in-nigeria-adesina
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Chicastle: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
God1000:

In your village too?
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Adeolajude(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Thanks Mr Adesina... That is more reason why we need another 8 years..so that we can even be shipping light to America.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Prisco4luv(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Yes he is right, now we don't have light for the past 2 weeks
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by zoedew: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/buhari-has-improved-power-supply-in-nigeria-adesina
You made this sound like Akinkunmi Adesina of Afdb spoke! Won’t click if I knew it was Adesina the journalist after the order of Reuben Abati who just arose just to launder his battered professional and battered image. Unfortunately, since it is not watered by reading most Nigerians have a short memory.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Opintiwa: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Daddyyin:

Na Pitobi go give u 24/7 power supply?

Clear road

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by latolz: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Can someone just find this man after Buhari tenure..
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by zionstaar75: 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
God1000:
gbam!I like your honesty,they've been terrible in most areas particularly the economic and security aspects but any area we see a little improvement we should be honest enough to admit it.it doesn't mean we're supporting them,we're just being objective

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Zorn: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kasssandra:

Yes, but most of our supply still comes from gas...plus even with the rain most parts of Nigeria have bad supply. (depending on the band you live in)

That's the problem I have with you guys...the minute someone disagrees with you or says something different from you, he must be supporting Buhari... grin

Well, the fact is, as I have said upthread, there is no improvement. Improvement is us generating close to 50000mw with ability to transmit most of it.
No I didn't say you're supporting Buhari , just that the article was written to kinda give accolade to Buhari for improving power supply , which is not exactly so . I just asked if Buhari has added any wattage to the national grid to deserve some accolades then you can state it here to counter my narrative about the improvement of power supply.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by zionstaar75: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
BurialGround:

In your area abi?
I live in kwara and we even had 48 hours uninterrupted power early this month.my siblings in lagos and Abuja are saying the same thing.light has improved generally. That's the truth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by seunjungle1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
Two things come to my mind whenever I hear the name Siemens..
1. That Siemens phone I used in yue year 2003
2. Abba Kyari sacrificed his life for the deal with the Siemens company in Germany
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Jones4190(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
we forget our generator for over three month now I'm Ikeja GRA

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Achasew(m): 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Can’t this dummy just shut up?
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by BurialGround: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
zionstaar75:
I live in kwara and we even had 48 hours uninterrupted power early this month.my siblings in lagos and Abuja are saying the same thing.light has improved generally. That's the truth

Till I stop buying fuel for generator I WON'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Yankee101: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Una care about heaven so?
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by jditimiya(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
And no light for my house for one week now. Kia people in APC can lie for Africa.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by proff010: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ikorodu ..most of us in this my area use prepaid mayb thats us why for instance .since 2pm yesterday till now 3;39 we still have light that's over 24hrs
Bluntemperor:

You people should tell Us your Area or Region to Lalastclala- as a gauge to Public cry for light to average Nigerians!
My Area so ,so ,so, has light!,
These Discos are failure,as they are only concerned about their bosses living in one area,then the light will be stable!
What we Nigerians want is total Industrialization!
- When there is constant lights ( 24/7) you will see major developments all over Nigeria, with major technological breakthroughs.Therefore, DISCOS are not doing anything new by rotating lights or by not giving lights at all!
Govt, should take over these dead Parastatals, including Discos,as they are not adding anything .
This is 21st -Century for God's sake!
Americans are already living in the Moon!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Kayrich(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Yes I can see the improvement which I know might be due to the Siemens deal which FG entered into to bring those huge transformers.
I saw that of Osogbo power station been installed sometimes lastweek.
Kudos to them anyway.
Some of us will not know about it because our media houses are focused on politics for now.
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by Ochibaisik(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Truly,this government have tried in this aspect.I have upto 19-24 hours light in my area.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by GreenVILLETiPS: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
I KNEW IT....IT'S ALL CAMPAIGN STRATEGY..
Only fools would fall for this cheap campaign..
Re: Buhari Has Improved Power Supply In Nigeria – Adesina by proff010: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ikorodu since yesterday around 2pm till now 3;39 We still have light that's over 24 hrs everyday
dododawa1:
area?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chatham House And Tinubu's Leadership Style - Dapo Okubanjo / 62% Of Nigerians See Country Moving Forward Under Tinubu - CMC Survey / Is The PDP Certificate Of Registration With Obasanjo, Atiku Or Lamido?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.