Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,762 members, 7,875,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended (11567 Views)

ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by anonymuz(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Banbanna:

Na so one of my In-laws do. The guy just enrolled his son in one very good tech/computer school, after the boy completed his secondary education.
that's the best thing to do. Even if he/she is in JSS3 they can still be going for weekend training of their choice of trade. That will start developing their independent mentality.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Jman06(m): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Let me see the Nigerian court that will entertain such appeal or grant any stay of execution.

ASUU had better comply with the NICN if they want a soft landing in the matter. Everything no be gragra.

I'm almost certain that they'll gain something positive if they obey the court

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Masterito(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
Obviously you don't understand what is happening. ASUU does not just want signing, they want implementation. If N1.3 trillion is needed for election, do you think FG won't provide it? Too many wastages in governance and corruption is the problem here. Besides FG wants to push implementation of agreement to the next administration while ASUU is saying the implementation should start with this adminstration. IF FG agrees to implement from now, ASUU will call the strike off. FG is trying to play smart with ASUU. Same reason FG they went to court, trying to play smart.
FreeStuffsNG:

Even you do not believe the @ bolded wink
It is either mischief or ignorance that can make you believe that N1.3 trillion for only public universities is obtained from leakages when you do not even consider the total wagebill of the whole civil service or think the only union in public universities is ASUU.

It costs PMB nothing to behave like GEJ and sign but not fulfil it and pass it to the next admin..The reality now is FG can not even afford the N1.3 trillion and if ASUU keeps on strike for ever it makes no difference on the FG revenue.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by addexx: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It is either mischief or ignorance that can make you believe that N1.3 trillion for only public universities is obtained from leakages when you do not even consider the total wagebill of the whole civil service or think the only union in public universities is ASUU.

It costs PMB nothing to behave like GEJ and sign but not fulfil it and pass it to the next admin..The reality now is FG can not even afford the N1.3 trillion and if ASUU keeps on strike for ever it makes no difference on the FG revenue.

Nobody is asking them to pay 1.3T at once. ASUU even agreed payment be spread over 5 to 10 yrs.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Fesline(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
MuMuOnBail:
undecided

May Allah punish all those that don't want this strike to end.

It will never be well with their Generations.

I have really missed my Uni-Side chick that come to service me every weekend, wash my clothes and clean my house before the strike.

FG and ASUU please just because of me, end this strike, or I will Castrate myself. cry

chai ..... abeg no castrate yourself ooo..

me self here, I don wait for so long..the thing don tire me.. now ah don find work to dey do oo, as he dey go now if dey like make dem no resume again I go dey make my cool cash here....till any fucking time.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by wisdomkid: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wetin parents want the strike to end? no doubt those wey no care whether their kids dey learn well for school or not. They simply don't want to see their kids in the house anymore.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Charly68: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
ASU must fight for their rights within the ambit of the law
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by NapoleonHill: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
kushma:
Nigeria is a confused nation, a judge wake up one morning and rule that school should resume without government fulfilling a signed agreement or even paying salaries. I pity students that a hungry lecturer will teach, it will be massive failure..
There are exciting laws backing the ruling. ASUU was represented by Falana. You know what that means.
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Ebubu: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
anonymuz:
then the vice Chancellors should go to classes. We can only appeal to ASSU. We can't force them. It's an organised labor union
the next step would be for FG to enact a legal backing to “resume or be sacked policy”, ensure the law is in place, then enforce it.

make i see which lecturer no go resume.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Ibegtodiffer: 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

- It is either mischief or ignorance that can make you believe that N1.3 trillion we are talking about was spread across 5 years (220B annually) & that Nigeria can not afford 220B annually to fund about 120 public universities accommodating over 1.7million students.

- You are passionately ignorant about what you're saying.

- How do you justify about 300B school feeding program (even during COVID) while the entire Education budget is 109B?

- How do you justify 6.3Trillion petroleum subsidy this year alone, even when the PMS are less available and more expensive?

- How do you justify a singular theft of crude oil at over 300Billion dollars under a retired military head of state who doubles as the Minister of Petroleum?

- How do you justify the 1.9Billion Dollars funded rail project to Maradi in Niger while our universities can't get 220B naira?

- How do you rationalize the recovered Abacha loots that have gone to the winds?

- How do you explain the unaccounted utilization of all the recovered loots when this administration just started?

- How do you justify a stagnant 13 years salary of University academics with a promise to increase it by 30k in 2023?

- Ignoring your posts sometimes is not because people are short of what to say. They are just fed up.

Cross check the information before coming to shout "it's a lie"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by anonymuz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:
the next step would be for FG to enact a legal backing to “resume or be sacked policy”, ensure the law is in place, then enforce it.

have you forgotten that there was an agreement between FG and ASSU? Enacting laws now will worsen the situation as they too have the right to sue FG for not sticking to the agreement. Or what do you think?
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Wwwq: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hmmm
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by JJuanMiguel: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
MMWandali:
Where are those who said that they can not appeal

Notwithstanding any order of the court
Where there is a conflict between the order and the provision of the cfrn
The CFRN 1999 takes precedence over the order

Right to appeal can not be denied by a court order which is constitutional

I seriously hope they appeal, because it's almost certain they will lose there also.

Appealing not wanting to go back to work while demanding for 7 months out of work payments.
But by then, the strike will be more than 12 months.
Maybe ASUU will then realize how they have created many more problems by trying to solve other problems with strike.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Iamolukorede(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
I was dumbfounded reading the court ruling, can we call that justice served. ASSU are fighting for what seems right which in turn will bring peace to the student and University environment.

Education is the bedrock of any nation, without it such country will be on the floor. Look, this led administration as failed, they compiled the judiciary in disclosure for that ruling which is tantamount biased, judging by the fact that the fg are yet to honour the said agreement by both party ..

kushma:
Nigeria is a confused nation, a judge wake up one morning and rule that school should resume without government fulfilling a signed agreement or even paying salaries. I pity students that a hungry lecturer will teach, it will be massive failure..

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by JJuanMiguel: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:

They won't resume, they will resign and relocate to Canada where they can continue to bully students, sexually harass students, and collection of bribes, with showing up for lectures 3ce in a semester.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by 1Unknownman: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

They won't resume, they will resign and relocate to Canada where they can continue to bully students, sexually harass students, and collection of bribes, with showing up for lectures 3ce in a semester.
Lol,if it was that easy to relocate they won't be in Nigeria now

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by Toktee(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
MuMuOnBail:
undecided

May Allah punish all those that don't want this strike to end.

It will never be well with their Generations.

I have really missed my Uni-Side chick that come to service me every weekend, wash my clothes and clean my house before the strike.

FG and ASUU please just because of me, end this strike, or I will Castrate myself. cry
Allah died long time ago with Muhammed.
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by coolestchris(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
ASUU are demanding heavy money when Nigeria revenue is plummetting...

The solution is to reduce the lawmakers salary,so that everyone salary will be equal...
. ASUU knows what they are doing...

Lecturers should earn more than lawmakers

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by chuksbobby12: 12:20am On Sep 23, 2022
There's only one way to end ASUU strike, All public officials must send their children to Nigerian public universities, if your child goes to a foreign university, you will be automatically impeached. If this is done, it will Also help in solving the security challenges in Nigeria, because when we have the children of these politicians in Nigerian public schools, they will take security serious. If you don't want your child to attend Nigerian public university, then stay away from contesting for public offices at any level
Re: ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended by tafat: 5:38am On Sep 23, 2022
This strike action is becoming stale news abeg, I think ASUU have overplayed their hand. Meanwhile, pending on whatever they resolve just know you can enjoy quality music and call sounds without interruptions with the new Oraimo Rock that comes with and effective ENC feature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unijos Admission: 2nd List! / Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) / Udenta O. Udenta: I Am Back From Literary Hibernation With 21 Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.